Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 242
  1. #151
    Incredible Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    553

    Default

    See, guys? Red heads aren't being erased!

  2. #152
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Red head? Oy. Barbara is to iconic as the red head in the Batfamily to have Stephnie as a red head as well especially when the character (in comics) is a fellow Batgirl. And the tattoos....will the Arrowverse strike again in a lousy adaption of a beloved character?
    Not sure those are tattoos, looks like it might be some kind of marker writing it looks clue-related.

    As for hair, I donít think hair color really is determinant in if a character is a good adaptation lol

  3. #153
    Incredible Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Not sure those are tattoos, looks like it might be some kind of marker writing it looks clue-related.

    As for hair, I don’t think hair color really is determinant in if a character is a good adaptation lol
    That's why it's a question lol. Arrowverse has a tendency to take comic characters and try to be clever by changing characteristics and who they are from their core comic counterpart. Not often is it for the good.

  4. #154
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    That is the most Babs-looking Stephanie Brown I've ever seen.

    Knowing CW, they will reveal she is actually Jim Gordon's illegitimate daughter with the middle name 'Barbara' and Stephanie was her long lost sister who will promptly die, triggering Steph Babs growth into Batgirl but then we learn that the other Stephanie Brown has been resurrected and is the captain of a time traveling ship. Meanwhile there is an alternate universe version of Steph Babs running around murdering people.

  5. #155
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    7,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    And Morgan Kohan will be playing Stephanie:

    Not sure about how to feel.. Cluemaster is BLONDE but Steph no? Is like see Babs.

    WTF.. Even tatoos.

  6. #156
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Warner Brothers doing reverent- in both body and soul- live-action screen adaptations of their comic book characters began, and then immediately ended, with Christopher Reeve as Superman in 1978.

  7. #157
    Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Empire City
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Not sure about how to feel.. Cluemaster is BLONDE but Steph no? Is like see Babs.

    WTF.. Even tatoos.
    I feel disappointment. And a deflation of interest. And it's a terrible show I previously gave up on anyway.

  8. #158
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    7,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    I feel disappointment. And a deflation of interest. And it's a terrible show I previously gave up on anyway.
    Fortunately I never saw it.. I am from another country. To see it I should try to find it in internet and never had interest before.. This only made me think that it was a good decision.

  9. #159
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    26,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That is the most Babs-looking Stephanie Brown I've ever seen.

    Knowing CW, they will reveal she is actually Jim Gordon's illegitimate daughter with the middle name 'Barbara' and Stephanie was her long lost sister who will promptly die, triggering Steph Babs growth into Batgirl but then we learn that the other Stephanie Brown has been resurrected and is the captain of a time traveling ship. Meanwhile there is an alternate universe version of Steph Babs running around murdering people.
    Wait, are you suggesting that Quentin Lance's wife Dinah (not to be confused with the other Dinah Drake that Arrow introduced later on) had an affair with Jim Gordon, and Sara Lance was the result?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  10. #160
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That is the most Babs-looking Stephanie Brown I've ever seen.

    Knowing CW, they will reveal she is actually Jim Gordon's illegitimate daughter with the middle name 'Barbara' and Stephanie was her long lost sister who will promptly die, triggering Steph Babs growth into Batgirl but then we learn that the other Stephanie Brown has been resurrected and is the captain of a time traveling ship. Meanwhile there is an alternate universe version of Steph Babs running around murdering people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting that Quentin Lance's wife Dinah (not to be confused with the other Dinah Drake that Arrow introduced later on) had an affair with Jim Gordon, and Sara Lance was the result?
    I’m pretty sure they’re just laying out how the Arrowverse handled Laurel Lance, and just adding the Barbara name and Gordon affair as a counterpart to them trying to make Dinah “Laurel” instead (a kind of “hide the canon character in a seemingly new package” idea for no good reason) and joking about them making this Steph actually an adaptation of Babs.

    I have to admit, I think it’s perplexing. But the again, a “Cassandra Cain” was in a movie a year ago and didn’t act a thing like Cass.
    Franchise Wars Podcast and YouTube Host.
    TITANS pilot Recap, Reaction, and Review video! https://youtu.be/l1tKBTUtiyM
    The Force Awakens vs The Last Jedi https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    Teen Titans (03) vs Teen Titans Go! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734

  11. #161
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Not sure those are tattoos, looks like it might be some kind of marker writing it looks clue-related.

    As for hair, I don’t think hair color really is determinant in if a character is a good adaptation lol
    I think the tats might be something her dad forced on her.

    It just feels weird to have a blonde Batgirl have red hair, like the other Batgirl...

  12. #162
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    Batwoman is a notoriously bad show. Even if she looked the part expectations for Steph should be low, like Batman and Robin low.

  13. #163
    Mighty Member Bat-Meal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Batwoman is a notoriously bad show. Even if she looked the part expectations for Steph should be low, like Batman and Robin low.
    Call me cynical, but the whole thing stinks to me of another desperate attempt to get the audience back (by bringing in another Bat-Family character from the comics).
    Considering that they backflipped on the whole "never recast Kate Kane" situation.

  14. #164
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Call me cynical, but the whole thing stinks to me of another desperate attempt to get the audience back (by bringing in another Bat-Family character from the comics).
    Considering that they backflipped on the whole "never recast Kate Kane" situation.
    lol they didn't backflip, they just didn't reveal it in advance. Wallis was cast in early January before S2E1 even aired. It wasn't in response to viewership.

  15. #165
    Mighty Member Bat-Meal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    lol they didn't backflip, they just didn't reveal it in advance.
    They backflipped after production had already begun. You're assuming it was in immediate response to viewership, but that's not what I said here. Although, it's arguable that the backlash of the casting news had some influence.

    To be honest with you, I did consider the ‘soap opera version’ [of recasting] for a hot minute
    In addition to paying “respect to everything that Ruby [Rose] put into the Kate Kane character” during Season 1, Dries said, “it also helps the audience, because we’re not asking them to address ‘the elephant in the room'” by accepting a new face as the same person.
    https://tvline.com/2020/06/06/why-ba...cter-season-2/

    "Yeah, so I actually went out for it last year, when they announced the departure of Ruby [Rose]," Wallis Day (Krypton), the new Kate Kane on The CW's Batwoman told CBR. "But a few weeks into the process, they said that they were heading in a different direction."
    They had decided not to use the character of Kate. Then, the backflip.

    Day added that showrunner Caroline [Dries] wrote her an email about the change, but told her they would give her a call should they decide on bringing Kate Kane back. Day continued, "I was just like, [sighs] 'Yeah, right, everyone always says this to the actors!' But to be honest, I was really upset about it, because it just felt like such a right move. You never really get excited, because you kind of get used to rejection as an actor, but it just gnawed at me."
    However, Day finally got a call in January, recalling, "Caroline called, and I was like, 'Yes, I do still want to play Kate! Let's do it!' And here we are."
    https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-wallis-...ampaign=CBR-TW


    Now we've gone way of topic, this a Steph thread. If you want to argue further, bring it to the Kate Kane Recast Thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •