Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 661
  1. #601
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    According to Michael W Conrad, Stephanie will be called Batgirl (Cassandra too) in the new series:

    Attachment 115726

    https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...74472329379857

    I wonder how they will avoid the confusion of both characters being called Batgirl.
    Makes sense.

    Although Steph always had a better name alternative than Cass.

  2. #602
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Makes sense.

    Although Steph always had a better name alternative than Cass.
    I've never been a fan of Spoiler codename, so I couldn't really agree with this. The Spoiler codename always sounds pretty bad for me.

    I guess it doesn't help that I started to read comics with Stephanie as Batgirl.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-21-2021 at 12:38 PM.

  3. #603
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I've never been a fan of Spoiler codename, so I couldn't really agree with this. The Spoiler codename always sounds pretty bad for me.

    I guess it doesn't help that I started to read comics with Stephanie as Batgirl.
    I always thought Spoiler was a fun name that fit Steph's personality well, and has none of the issues of "Orphan" but I was first introduced to her as Spoiler.

  4. #604
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    7,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    According to Michael W Conrad, Stephanie will be called Batgirl (Cassandra too) in the new series:

    Attachment 115726

    https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...74472329379857

    I wonder how they will avoid the confusion of both characters being called Batgirl.
    Is what we all want here

  5. #605
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    8,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    This is definitely something I hope they address! Batgirl Purple and Batgirl Gold?
    It was eggplant, though.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  6. #606
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    This is definitely something I hope they address! Batgirl Purple and Batgirl Gold?
    I would say Purple Batgirl and Shadow Batgirl would sound good.



    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It was eggplant, though.
    Stephanie has called the color of her suit as purple too.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-21-2021 at 07:24 PM.

  7. #607
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    423

    Default

    They are already being called, collectively, the Batgirls - not just in the comic book title, but in-story that's what the media calls them.

    We have a dozen characters called, simply, Flash, and thousands called Green Lantern. How many earth GLs are there? Male and female. We have 2 Supermans now, and sometimes two Robins (Tim is sometimes Red Robin). Now there are two going by Batman.

    But usually they don't team up in monthlies, do they?

    We've had these 3 characters for decades but never more than 1 named Batgirl at a time, so it sounds weird to my ears. But that will change.

    Two men named Bob will still call each other "Bob." No reason these two can't call each other Batgirl.

    Over the radio, they either have to use their real names, or come up with some more specific coding, to avoid communication problems. In person, eye contact and body language can identify who is being addressed.

    Or, just: "Hey! Batgirl on the left, I'm talking to you!"
    Batgirl: "On my left? Or on your left?"

  8. #608
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    8,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    They are already being called, collectively, the Batgirls - not just in the comic book title, but in-story that's what the media calls them.

    We have a dozen characters called, simply, Flash, and thousands called Green Lantern. How many earth GLs are there? Male and female. We have 2 Supermans now, and sometimes two Robins (Tim is sometimes Red Robin). Now there are two going by Batman.

    But usually they don't team up in monthlies, do they?

    We've had these 3 characters for decades but never more than 1 named Batgirl at a time, so it sounds weird to my ears. But that will change.

    Two men named Bob will still call each other "Bob." No reason these two can't call each other Batgirl.

    Over the radio, they either have to use their real names, or come up with some more specific coding, to avoid communication problems. In person, eye contact and body language can identify who is being addressed.

    Or, just: "Hey! Batgirl on the left, I'm talking to you!"
    Batgirl: "On my left? Or on your left?"
    Well, if the Hawkeyes at Marvel can do it, it can be done well.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  9. #609
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I wonder how they will avoid the confusion of both characters being called Batgirl.
    I guess they will just call them Cass and Steph, current writers don't really seem to care about the concept of heroes keeping their identities secret.

  10. #610
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,132

    Default

    They just keep adding more and more gorgeous covers to Batgirls!

    Joshua Middleton - https://bigtimecollectibles.com/coll...lusive-variant



    Dan Mora - https://glasscabinethobbies.com/prod...comics-nm-2021

    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

  11. #611
    Mighty Member signalman112's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,433

    Default

    Looking good.
    Love Barbara's flowing red hair on Dan's Cover.

  12. #612
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Looking good.
    Love Barbara's flowing red hair on Dan's Cover.
    Same here .

  13. #613
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,132

    Default

    Mora's cover is really, really pretty, though as you both indicate, Steph isn't the focus, so I have convinced myself not to continue splurging on it. I really like the shininess of Steph and Cass's hair in the Middleton one.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

  14. #614
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    7,730

    Default

    I am watching the moon?? Or Steph has something in her hands?

    dc urban legends 10 stephanie brown batgirl casssandra cain barbara gordon dick grayson.jpg

  15. #615
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I am watching the moon?? Or Steph has something in her hands?

    dc urban legends 10 stephanie brown batgirl casssandra cain barbara gordon dick grayson.jpg
    It's a snowball fight. Steph built a gigantic one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •