Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Ok. This time screenshotting.

batgirls 2.jpg

batgirls.jpg
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 09-15-2021 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Part of the URL is blocked by the swear filter.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

This is exciting news! Hope the team does a great job with our girls!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Good for steph, she will have her ongoing and be in the ROBINS mini

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Ok. This time screenshotting.

batgirls 2.jpg

batgirls.jpg
    I liked these great news.

More Steph and Cass .

Incredible Member

Steph was starting college in 2009 - around 18 years old I think.

How old are she and Cass supposed to be now? Cass was the gum-chewer in some properties, like the movie and more recently Conner/Palmioti's Birds of Prey black label series, but now Steph is the one always blowing bubbles. And they're being turned into a comedy duo - the annoying always-talking impulsive one and the mysterious, silent cautious dangerous one.

I ask because I am not sure I was expecting an all-ages comic for them, and the images here are not quite Tiny Titans but does makes me think of that. As well as Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes comics.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post

How old are she and Cass supposed to be now? Cass was the gum-chewer in some properties, like the movie and more recently Conner/Palmioti's Birds of Prey black label series, but now Steph is the one always blowing bubbles. And they're being turned into a comedy duo - the annoying always-talking impulsive one and the mysterious, silent cautious dangerous one.

I ask because I am not sure I was expecting an all-ages comic for them, and the images here are not quite Tiny Titans but does makes me think of that. As well as Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes comics.
    Probably in the 16-18 age range.

About BATGIRLS COMIC:

The team: "our inspiration includes Sailor Moon, Death Note, Batman: The Animated Series, Super Sons, and Into the Spiderver--"

Jorge: "say no more"

https://twitter.com/jesswchen/status...00629348814851

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

At the end of Rebirth she's 19. That was the last time mentioned.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    At the end of Rebirth she's 19. That was the last time mentioned.
    I don't remember Stephanie's age to be mentioned in Rebirth. Do you remember what issue was that?

I suspect Stephanie would be in the 16-18 age range for Batgirls.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't remember Stephanie's age to be mentioned in Rebirth. Do you remember what issue was that?

I suspect Stephanie would be in the 16-18 age range for Batgirls.
    Nope. I was told by someone else that it's in Young Justice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Nope. I was told by someone else that it's in Young Justice.
    I don't remember Stephanie's age being mentioned in Young Justice. She doesn't appear so much in that comic.

Maybe the confusion is because Stephanie mentioned that she was Robin and Batgirl in YJ #5. That could give the idea she has her Pre-Flashpoint age (around 19), but that aspect is pretty confusing

In YJ #18, it's mentioned Stephanie is a teenager.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    About BATGIRLS COMIC:

The team: "our inspiration includes Sailor Moon, Death Note, Batman: The Animated Series, Super Sons, and Into the Spiderver--"

H
    Jorge: "say no more"

https://twitter.com/jesswchen/status...00629348814851
    Heh. I was working on a post saying the logo and energy of the covers reminded me of Black Canary from 2015, which I was convinced was based on Edge of Spider-Verse #2 and Spider-Gwen (which debuted 1 year, and 6 months, respectively, before Black Canary).

Anyway, not surprised by the tweet.

It looks adorable - which is not the kind of Batgirls comic I was hoping for. With all the enthusiasm expressed on Twitter - how many people here buy, say, RWBY? I single that one out because DC has published 2 series of it (one is currently underway or just finishing). It is charming, has some great artwork, and is -- for kids.

How do these characters ever recover in the adult DC universe?

Sure, there's no problem with something like DC Super-Hero Girls co-existing with the more mature versions of the same characters in DC Comics, but -- this will BE the DC Universe version of the characters. DC Super-Hero Girls is not part of DC Universe continuity - the cartoon and GNs exist in a separate world and are marketed to kids. Similarly, Teen Titans vs. Teen Titans Go - different versions of characters for different readers/viewers.

There was, for instance, a mature, impressive Cass in the recent "Batman and the Outsiders" - that portrayal gone? And I'd say Steph in "Young Justice" had a more mature treatment - and a version of her was that alt-earth Batwoman.

Astonishing Member

It looks adorable - which is not the kind of Batgirls comic I was hoping for. With all the enthusiasm expressed on Twitter - how many people here buy, say, RWBY? I single that one out because DC has published 2 series of it (one is currently underway or just finishing). It is charming, has some great artwork, and is -- for kids.

How do these characters ever recover in the adult DC universe?

Sure, there's no problem with something like DC Super-Hero Girls co-existing with the more mature versions of the same characters in DC Comics, but -- this will BE the DC Universe version of the characters. DC Super-Hero Girls is not part of DC Universe continuity - the cartoon and GNs exist in a separate world and are marketed to kids. Similarly, Teen Titans vs. Teen Titans Go - different versions of characters for different readers/viewers.

There was, for instance, a mature, impressive Cass in the recent "Batman and the Outsiders" - that portrayal gone? And I'd say Steph in "Young Justice" had a more mature treatment - and a version of her was that alt-earth Batwoman.
    Well, I really enjoyed and liked Stephanie Batgirl's comic. That book was pretty all ages friendly.

The writers have said the Batgirls comic will have its dark moments. So, it don't think it would so difficult to fit it in the adult DC universe.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-16-2021 at 12:33 AM.