Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Stephanie Brown: Spoiler, Robin, Batgirl, Batwoman Appreciation 2021

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

555186._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

BATGIRL: STEPHANIE BROWN VOL. 1 features classic stories written by BRYAN Q. MILLER (Smallville) with art by Lee Garbett (LUCIFER), Trevor Scott (EARTH 2) and others.

Stephanie Brown is no stranger to crime-fighting. She’s taken down criminals as the Spoiler and worked with Batman to keep Gotham safe, but she’s assuming a new identity that everyone in her city knows…

…Batgirl!

A typical college freshman by day, Stephanie takes to the streets at night, recklessly seeking out danger as the new Batgirl. But her nocturnal adventures have attracted the Gotham underworld’s gunfire, and even Batman and Robin don’t know what to make of this new vigilante in a secondhand costume.

With the support and guidance of the original Batgirl, Barbara Gordon, Stephanie must learn the difference between playing dress-up and being the new Batgirl. Can she prove herself and earn her title, or will she fail to honor the legacy of her cowl?

Collects BATGIRL #1-12.

Happy New Year to Steph and her fans .

Thanks Frontier. Same to you and for the rest of people in CBR.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Hooray, New Year, same wonderful Steph! Can't wait to see what Future State and Infinite Frontier have in store for our girl! I think I might try to do a reread of all the issues Steph is in in pre-Flashpoint trades in the thread soon.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

I came across an Instagram post by Tim Levins, artist of Batgirl #4 in 2009. And I've looked to see if what he posted has been noted elsewhere, like on the Stephanie Brown wiki or in the recent re-read of #4. Didn't find anything, so I'll post what I found here. If this info has been previously noted - well, no reason not to post these again, right?

Happy New Year everyone!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIY8pjjMVdj/

Someone recently asked to see some of my non-animated-style artwork. Most of my career has been spent working on comics that are based on the various DCAU TV series, and as a result a more "realistic" comic book style doesn't come easily to me. I have to keep reminding myself where the muscles go, how to do shading, etc.

Nonetheless, I have occasionally worked on "mainstream" comics, including 17 pages of an issue of Batgirl in 2009. Due a misunderstanding, the series' regular artist, @leegarbett, and I both drew page 4, the issue's title page. Obviously, Lee's page was used in the final printed comic instead of the one I drew, which you can see here as a rare example of my non-animated-style work.

SWIPE 👈👈 to see my original pencils. I didn't do the inks or colours, and I have no info about who actually did other than their DeviantArt screen names: Master-Futon (inks) and xXNightblade08Xx (colours).

#batgirl #dccomics #timlevins
    #pencil
    #stephaniebrown #gotham #artprocess #comicbookartist #comic #comicbook #mainstream

Here's the published Garbett version, followed by Levins's pencils. And the inks and colors by these other artists that I guess were produced but then never published.

Batgirl #4 Garbett p4.jpg

Batgirl #4 Levins pencils p4.jpg

Batgirl #4 Levins p4.jpg

That bottom one is a terrific image .

I am happy that her Batgirl costume helped in her current Spoiler costume design.

You are not with that admitting that this happened but... You are not ignoring this completely.

Last edited by adrikito; 01-05-2021 at 02:36 AM.

Incredible Member

very nice art
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

I'm curious what is Steph's living condition? We have one continuity where Bruce adopted her. But if they have her be with Tim. It's kind of weird

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious what is Steph's living condition? We have one continuity where Bruce adopted her. But if they have her be with Tim. It's kind of weird
    Which continuity is that?

from Batman Secret Files #1 (October 1997)

I might be confusing Steph with Cassie. Wait is her father even alive currently? I mean he could just be a changed