Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Well, I really enjoyed and liked Stephanie Batgirl's comic. That book was pretty all ages friendly.

The writers have said the Batgirls comic will have its dark moments. So, it don't think it would so difficult to fit it in the adult DC universe.
    I liked it too. I thought of it as written for the same audience as other DC superhero books of the era, whatever that age is - 13+ I guess.

The Newsarama article explains the Linda Lindas reference, which I didn't know about:

However, things shouldn't get too dark or gritty as the series is intended for an all-ages audience, and according to the publisher, "sings with the energy of the Linda Lindas rocking out to 'Claudia Kishi.'"

(The Linda Lindas are, of course, an all-girl preteen punk band who went viral with a live performance video earlier this year and have a song about Claudia "Claud" Lynn Kishi, the popular Asian-American character in The Baby-Sitters Club series of books by Ann M. Martin).

I don't think they are planning to de-age Steph and Cass to 12, so I guess they mean the book will have an energy that appeals to pre-teens?

On another note, Bruno Redondo posted this:

Bruno Redondo tweet.jpg

https://twitter.com/bruno_redondo_f/...455683584?s=11

I hope this jpg doesn't come out tiny...

E_WtzpIWUAgbI-6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Well, I really enjoyed and liked Stephanie Batgirl's comic. That book was pretty all ages friendly.

The writers have said the Batgirls comic will have its dark moments. So, it don't think it would so difficult to fit it in the adult DC universe.
    For this I think that this comic can work too..

With these covers looks like a friendly comic but... Not something like Burnside.

Also have influences for Batman the animated serie sounds good too.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-16-2021 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Heh. I was working on a post saying the logo and energy of the covers reminded me of Black Canary from 2015, which I was convinced was based on Edge of Spider-Verse #2 and Spider-Gwen (which debuted 1 year, and 6 months, respectively, before Black Canary).

Anyway, not surprised by the tweet.

It looks adorable - which is not the kind of Batgirls comic I was hoping for. With all the enthusiasm expressed on Twitter - how many people here buy, say, RWBY? I single that one out because DC has published 2 series of it (one is currently underway or just finishing). It is charming, has some great artwork, and is -- for kids.

How do these characters ever recover in the adult DC universe?

Sure, there's no problem with something like DC Super-Hero Girls co-existing with the more mature versions of the same characters in DC Comics, but -- this will BE the DC Universe version of the characters. DC Super-Hero Girls is not part of DC Universe continuity - the cartoon and GNs exist in a separate world and are marketed to kids. Similarly, Teen Titans vs. Teen Titans Go - different versions of characters for different readers/viewers.

There was, for instance, a mature, impressive Cass in the recent "Batman and the Outsiders" - that portrayal gone? And I'd say Steph in "Young Justice" had a more mature treatment - and a version of her was that alt-earth Batwoman.
    This is the same issue we had with Burnside but I'll wait to see how they actually write the characters in the context of the book and the kind of stories/content they go for.

I guess there won't be anything that explicit but that doesn't mean they'll infantile or degrade the main characters and their experience/personalities. At least I would hope so.

Extraordinary Member

Also one of the influences is supposed to be Death Note. Which is the story about a psychopath who kills thousands of people when he gets his hands on a notebook where anyone whose name is written in it dies. It makes BTAS look like Barney the Dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Also one of the influences is supposed to be Death Note. Which is the story about a psychopath who kills thousands of people when he gets his hands on a notebook where anyone whose name is written in it dies. It makes BTAS look like Barney the Dinosaur.

Incredible Member

Not that my progress matters to anyone - unless someone will be amused to read how a video-game ignorant person reacts to DC Legends - but I did made a certain amount of progress with the game. Yes, I did get the Spoiler character from the daily logins. But -- I stink at the game, despite reading a lot of tips web sites and watching videos.

One thing that was odd - when I play the Steph power that lets her attack all opponents, at first she did a sideways kick that went across the whole opposing side. But then it changed, and she used a grappling hook. I didn't know if I had upgraded something, but then the character reverted and is back to doing that sideways kick, and the grappling hook never reappeared.

Certain concepts of the game are just -- hard. They assume you've either played similar games, or are being shown by a friend. Or, you're a kid learning from your big brother or sister, who perhaps learned from a friend who learned from their older sibling. There's just a lack of help. And it may not really be possible for people of a certain age to learn.

For instance, it took a lonnnnnnng time and a lot of searching for it to find out that the hanging "flags" are buffs and debuffs, and have yet to confirm my hypothesis that the horizontal lines beneath them may represent having additional buffs/debuffs of the same kind. If this is documented anywhere or is in anyone's tips - please let me know!

I finally found out that the yellow ring around a character's affinity is a countdown for when the character gets a turn to attack. That information was presented somewhere... by one person, after looking through a dozen of tip sheets.

I have never found any mention at all of the blue horizontal line above the health meter. I have no idea what it means. I'm sure it's simple - once you know.

Sometimes a character's health meter has more colors than yellow, orange or red. One time I played Stripesy, and he had a purple area on the left edge of his otherwise yellow health meter. Never found any mention of anything like that.

Anyway, at this point I try to make sure my teams have more power than the opposition, and if they do, I let it run on auto x 2 or auto x 3. In other words, I kind of gave up, and watch it like it's just a weird cartoon. It would be nice, though, if I was able to get Steph's upgraded costume at some point.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Not that my progress matters to anyone - unless someone will be amused to read how a video-game ignorant person reacts to DC Legends - but I did made a certain amount of progress with the game. Yes, I did get the Spoiler character from the daily logins. But -- I stink at the game, despite reading a lot of tips web sites and watching videos.

One thing that was odd - when I play the Steph power that lets her attack all opponents, at first she did a sideways kick that went across the whole opposing side. But then it changed, and she used a grappling hook. I didn't know if I had upgraded something, but then the character reverted and is back to doing that sideways kick, and the grappling hook never reappeared.

Certain concepts of the game are just -- hard. They assume you've either played similar games, or are being shown by a friend. Or, you're a kid learning from your big brother or sister, who perhaps learned from a friend who learned from their older sibling. There's just a lack of help. And it may not really be possible for people of a certain age to learn.

For instance, it took a lonnnnnnng time and a lot of searching for it to find out that the hanging "flags" are buffs and debuffs, and have yet to confirm my hypothesis that the horizontal lines beneath them may represent having additional buffs/debuffs of the same kind. If this is documented anywhere or is in anyone's tips - please let me know!

I finally found out that the yellow ring around a character's affinity is a countdown for when the character gets a turn to attack. That information was presented somewhere... by one person, after looking through a dozen of tip sheets.

I have never found any mention at all of the blue horizontal line above the health meter. I have no idea what it means. I'm sure it's simple - once you know.

Sometimes a character's health meter has more colors than yellow, orange or red. One time I played Stripesy, and he had a purple area on the left edge of his otherwise yellow health meter. Never found any mention of anything like that.

Anyway, at this point I try to make sure my teams have more power than the opposition, and if they do, I let it run on auto x 2 or auto x 3. In other words, I kind of gave up, and watch it like it's just a weird cartoon. It would be nice, though, if I was able to get Steph's upgraded costume at some point.
    Awesome update! I've been playing a lot, too (only game I could play while on vacation for the past week and a half), and I finally got Cass, so Steph and Cass are now battle buddies (there was a Batman Day sale of character shards using gold gems, so I also got Damian and Tim, which is fun, though I have to admit they aren't as fun as Steph and Cass). And also Helena. I wish I could get a healer who was as good as them - Wonder Woman isn't bad, but she only removes negatives, she doesn't actually heal. Maybe I should try to upgrade Star Sapphire - Zatanna is fun, but she's too squishy at the higher levels.

Huh - I never got the sideways kick for Steph's third power.

The tips I've learned, at least using Steph as my "leader" in every possible combat - upgrade her to the max, with gear, power upgrades, and levels - and always use the shield power as often as you can.

If you hold your finger on a character while in combat, you can see what buffs and debuffs are on them, and for how many turns - but I haven't quite figured out where the details of the buffs and debuffs are.

The blue line above the health is shields - they are SUPER useful. They function as extra health that can be replenished without a healer.

The purple area on a health meter is called "overheal" - it's basically an ability that some characters have to give even more extra health to a character who is already as max health.

I finally got Steph's upgraded costume, but it took a ton of "grinding" - I purchased her 8000 gold gem pack, which got me up to 5 stars, and then I did all of the Character Event missions I could win (not a whole lot, because after about 6 to 10 missions, the villains get too hard unless you're already legendary on all available characters, and I am super not). But every day, I would replay (using the lightning autoplay options) every mission with shards of Steph (which eats up your energy for normal and heroic campaign missions, sadly, but if you want to level Steph up, is essential, as she doesn't currently have any Heroic missions to farm in the campaign yet). (Farming, by the way, is where you just play the same level over and over to get shards of a character to level them up). Now I have Steph at one purple star (which is the 6th star available - and when you get to 10 stars, or 5 purple stars, you apparently get to level her up three more times through something called "Rebirth", but that's a long way off for me ). I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get the second purple star by the end of this month, though, which will be fun!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Awesome update! I've been playing a lot, too (only game I could play while on vacation for the past week and a half), and I finally got Cass, so Steph and Cass are now battle buddies (there was a Batman Day sale of character shards using gold gems, so I also got Damian and Tim, which is fun, though I have to admit they aren't as fun as Steph and Cass). And also Helena. I wish I could get a healer who was as good as them - Wonder Woman isn't bad, but she only removes negatives, she doesn't actually heal. Maybe I should try to upgrade Star Sapphire - Zatanna is fun, but she's too squishy at the higher levels.

Huh - I never got the sideways kick for Steph's third power.

The tips I've learned, at least using Steph as my "leader" in every possible combat - upgrade her to the max, with gear, power upgrades, and levels - and always use the shield power as often as you can.

If you hold your finger on a character while in combat, you can see what buffs and debuffs are on them, and for how many turns - but I haven't quite figured out where the details of the buffs and debuffs are.

The blue line above the health is shields - they are SUPER useful. They function as extra health that can be replenished without a healer.

The purple area on a health meter is called "overheal" - it's basically an ability that some characters have to give even more extra health to a character who is already as max health.

I finally got Steph's upgraded costume, but it took a ton of "grinding" - I purchased her 8000 gold gem pack, which got me up to 5 stars, and then I did all of the Character Event missions I could win (not a whole lot, because after about 6 to 10 missions, the villains get too hard unless you're already legendary on all available characters, and I am super not). But every day, I would replay (using the lightning autoplay options) every mission with shards of Steph (which eats up your energy for normal and heroic campaign missions, sadly, but if you want to level Steph up, is essential, as she doesn't currently have any Heroic missions to farm in the campaign yet). (Farming, by the way, is where you just play the same level over and over to get shards of a character to level them up). Now I have Steph at one purple star (which is the 6th star available - and when you get to 10 stars, or 5 purple stars, you apparently get to level her up three more times through something called "Rebirth", but that's a long way off for me ). I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get the second purple star by the end of this month, though, which will be fun!
    That's a lot of great information - thanks!

I tried to capture a screen recording of Steph doing her sideways kick - and she started doing the grappling hook again. It's that Team Focus power. So then I stopped recording - and it did the kick again. Hmmm. Maybe it has to do with the speed and/or whether the game is Auto running the battle while you watch, but I'm not sure.

If I start spotting the kick again reliably, I'll try to record it and post it (it would be like a 1 second video after I edit it down).

I don't know if the buffs/debuffs are listed in-game, but found this material:

acIAQgM.jpg

That's small, but should be easier to read where I found it:

https://i.imgur.com/acIAQgM.png

The original PNG is fuzzy resolution to begin with.

This is the icon-less but very helpful description that pointed me to that png:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCComicsLeg...buffs_a_guide/

It would take some practice to register these quickly during the game. I can spot Invisibility in real time but so far that's about it.

I can see in the chart here that Intelligence is a light bulb, Mend is the Red Cross kind of symbol, Speed is a runner, Strength is - a barbell?, Taunt is a head mouthing something. True Sight is the same eye as Invisibility but without a line through it. Agility is a winged foot maybe? Stamina for some reason seems to be a broken heart. Maybe it's meant to represent exercise into the target beats per minute zone.

The various immunities are very similar-looking shields which might make them impossible to distinguish for less-than-expert players.

I guess if I had a full size tablet it would be much easier to see - biggest thing I have is an iPad Mini.

I saw a video where it was suggested to not level up any character too soon, because the opponents (he might have said PVP or RED Alert opponents) are selected based on the level of your highest character. I hope I'm remembering that right. Anyway, too late - I had already leveled a few characters all the up to my player level.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Since the month of Sept is for Steph with so many character fragments, she's basically become my five-star level one character ^^ (I level up the characters based on when I got them and Steph was almost last) but she quickly become one of my go-to character because she's the only one I have that can cast Shield to all and pick one to Stealth. Very useful.

Right now I'm halfway through getting her to Legendary already

Yeah the RED Alert battles jump difficulty massively because I level up my starting team by a bunch and left the others at lower levels ^^

The character I want is Swamp Thing because it looks like he can Revive but he hasn't shown up in anything

That's a lot of great information - thanks!

I tried to capture a screen recording of Steph doing her sideways kick - and she started doing the grappling hook again. It's that Team Focus power. So then I stopped recording - and it did the kick again. Hmmm. Maybe it has to do with the speed and/or whether the game is Auto running the battle while you watch, but I'm not sure.

If I start spotting the kick again reliably, I'll try to record it and post it (it would be like a 1 second video after I edit it down).

I don't know if the buffs/debuffs are listed in-game, but found this material:

acIAQgM.jpg

That's small, but should be easier to read where I found it:

The original PNG is fuzzy resolution to begin with.

This is the icon-less but very helpful description that pointed me to that png:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCComicsLeg...buffs_a_guide/

It would take some practice to register these quickly during the game. I can spot Invisibility in real time but so far that's about it.

I can see in the chart here that Intelligence is a light bulb, Mend is the Red Cross kind of symbol, Speed is a runner, Strength is - a barbell?, Taunt is a head mouthing something. True Sight is the same eye as Invisibility but without a line through it. Agility is a winged foot maybe? Stamina for some reason seems to be a broken heart. Maybe it's meant to represent exercise into the target beats per minute zone.

The various immunities are very similar-looking shields which might make them impossible to distinguish for less-than-expert players.

I guess if I had a full size tablet it would be much easier to see - biggest thing I have is an iPad Mini.

I saw a video where it was suggested to not level up any character too soon, because the opponents (he might have said PVP or RED Alert opponents) are selected based on the level of your highest character. I hope I'm remembering that right. Anyway, too late - I had already leveled a few characters all the up to my player level.
    I'm not really sure what a lot of the buffs and debuffs do - obviously Doomed is super annoying, putting your character on a death timer, and Death Immunity is also incredibly annoying. Huntress and Deathstroke have a lot of powers that allow them to either be missed by attacks of shrug them off easily, as well. I'm slowly getting used to all of them, but in the meantime, just enjoying seeing my favorite characters doing fun fighting!

Bleed is a big one, though - that means damage every turn, meaning you have to balance whether you want to let a character die but still attack you, or spend time killing a character who is already going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Since the month of Sept is for Steph with so many character fragments, she's basically become my five-star level one character ^^ (I level up the characters based on when I got them and Steph was almost last) but she quickly become one of my go-to character because she's the only one I have that can cast Shield to all and pick one to Stealth. Very useful.

Right now I'm halfway through getting her to Legendary already

Yeah the RED Alert battles jump difficulty massively because I level up my starting team by a bunch and left the others at lower levels ^^

The character I want is Swamp Thing because it looks like he can Revive but he hasn't shown up in anything
    Well, as a noob, I'm just picking my faves to level, so that's Steph, Cass, and Huntress, with some "utility" levelling of Batman (the Caped Crusader version, though I have the BvS mecha suit one now too), Wonder Woman, and Power Girl (I'm hoping to have a fun trinity team of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, can't figure out the fourth yet, but Power Girl is my "placeholder" until my login rewards unlock Superman. Though I also love that Power Girl has taunt, is an energy character, and a group attack. She makes for a really fun Bird of Prey, too! Just wish I had more XP so I could level my Canary up with Huntress and her. Maybe someday I'll get a Babs, too...too many characters, not enough XP!)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I'm not really sure what a lot of the buffs and debuffs do - obviously Doomed is super annoying, putting your character on a death timer, and Death Immunity is also incredibly annoying. Huntress and Deathstroke have a lot of powers that allow them to either be missed by attacks of shrug them off easily, as well. I'm slowly getting used to all of them, but in the meantime, just enjoying seeing my favorite characters doing fun fighting!

Bleed is a big one, though - that means damage every turn, meaning you have to balance whether you want to let a character die but still attack you, or spend time killing a character who is already going to die.

Well, as a noob, I'm just picking my faves to level, so that's Steph, Cass, and Huntress, with some "utility" levelling of Batman (the Caped Crusader version, though I have the BvS mecha suit one now too), Wonder Woman, and Power Girl (I'm hoping to have a fun trinity team of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, can't figure out the fourth yet, but Power Girl is my "placeholder" until my login rewards unlock Superman. Though I also love that Power Girl has taunt, is an energy character, and a group attack. She makes for a really fun Bird of Prey, too! Just wish I had more XP so I could level my Canary up with Huntress and her. Maybe someday I'll get a Babs, too...too many characters, not enough XP!)
    I haven't seen Power Girl at all, but I've got Superman. His third ability is Death Immunity while Taunting. I imagine it will be very useful once I build him up but for now, at level 1 I think the death immunity only lasts for 1 round or something

Batman is my longest-lasting character in every battle since his Stealth at high-level stacks into extra HP... somehow... so he's useful for RED Battles... or making sure I get at least 1 star in every battle after everyone else is dead ^^

Ooh, Bleed. I love using Chemo because two of his attacks cause multiple Bleed, and he makes shorter work of high HP enemies like Batman Who Laughs

Cyborg is the one I'm confused about because his second ability only hits 30% of the time. What's up with that?

I haven't seen Power Girl at all, but I've got Superman. His third ability is Death Immunity while Taunting. I imagine it will be very useful once I build him up but for now, at level 1 I think the death immunity only lasts for 1 round or something

Batman is my longest-lasting character in every battle since his Stealth at high-level stacks into extra HP... somehow... so he's useful for RED Battles... or making sure I get at least 1 star in every battle after everyone else is dead ^^

Ooh, Bleed. I love using Chemo because two of his attacks cause multiple Bleed, and he makes shorter work of high HP enemies like Batman Who Laughs

Cyborg is the one I'm confused about because his second ability only hits 30% of the time. What's up with that?
    I almost never stealth Batman, because Cass and Steph also stealth, making the last character a target if everyone stealths (and I can't take Steph off of stealth because it's part of her shield ability). He's usually tanky enough to take it. I hope Superman is at least as good as Power Girl. I like having an energy based tank.

Chemo is fun to use, but man do I hate having to fight him. And Swamp Thing. And Spectre. Ugh.

I do love RED battles...unless Spectre is there and just instakills my whole team. I always try to have Steph and a healer, so my characters are buffed and shielded for the next round!

I am still trying to earn Cyborg - we'll have to see what I think of him when I get enough shards!

I almost never stealth Batman, because Cass and Steph also stealth, making the last character a target if everyone stealths (and I can't take Steph off of stealth because it's part of her shield ability). He's usually tanky enough to take it. I hope Superman is at least as good as Power Girl. I like having an energy based tank.

Chemo is fun to use, but man do I hate having to fight him. And Swamp Thing. And Spectre. Ugh.

I do love RED battles...unless Spectre is there and just instakills my whole team. I always try to have Steph and a healer, so my characters are buffed and shielded for the next round!

I am still trying to earn Cyborg - we'll have to see what I think of him when I get enough shards!
    The only time Cass showed up in my time was when Steph debuted and she costs 4.5K gold. I never got that high. Since I'm getting the characters as they show up when I happen to have the gold, the highest I got was 2K or so on Catwoman.

The only time Cass showed up in my time was when Steph debuted and she costs 4.5K gold. I never got that high. Since I'm getting the characters as they show up when I happen to have the gold, the highest I got was 2K or so on Catwoman.
    I also didn't have enough gold gems to buy Cass at 4.5K, but she did show up in the Batman Day sale if you bought two packs of the Gotham Knights characters (at which point I think I did have about 4K or more, as I bought several of those packs, having been waiting for those characters for quite a while).

Extraordinary Member