Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
Well, I really enjoyed and liked Stephanie Batgirl's comic. That book was pretty all ages friendly.

The writers have said the Batgirls comic will have its dark moments. So, it don't think it would so difficult to fit it in the adult DC universe.
I liked it too. I thought of it as written for the same audience as other DC superhero books of the era, whatever that age is - 13+ I guess.

The Newsarama article explains the Linda Lindas reference, which I didn't know about:

However, things shouldn't get too dark or gritty as the series is intended for an all-ages audience, and according to the publisher, "sings with the energy of the Linda Lindas rocking out to 'Claudia Kishi.'"

(The Linda Lindas are, of course, an all-girl preteen punk band who went viral with a live performance video earlier this year and have a song about Claudia "Claud" Lynn Kishi, the popular Asian-American character in The Baby-Sitters Club series of books by Ann M. Martin).

I don't think they are planning to de-age Steph and Cass to 12, so I guess they mean the book will have an energy that appeals to pre-teens?

On another note, Bruno Redondo posted this:

Bruno Redondo tweet.jpg

https://twitter.com/bruno_redondo_f/...455683584?s=11

I hope this jpg doesn't come out tiny...

E_WtzpIWUAgbI-6.jpg