Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

See, guys? Red heads aren't being erased!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Red head? Oy. Barbara is to iconic as the red head in the Batfamily to have Stephnie as a red head as well especially when the character (in comics) is a fellow Batgirl. And the tattoos....will the Arrowverse strike again in a lousy adaption of a beloved character?
    Not sure those are tattoos, looks like it might be some kind of marker writing it looks clue-related.

As for hair, I don’t think hair color really is determinant in if a character is a good adaptation lol

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Not sure those are tattoos, looks like it might be some kind of marker writing it looks clue-related.

As for hair, I don’t think hair color really is determinant in if a character is a good adaptation lol
    That's why it's a question lol. Arrowverse has a tendency to take comic characters and try to be clever by changing characteristics and who they are from their core comic counterpart. Not often is it for the good.

That is the most Babs-looking Stephanie Brown I've ever seen.

Knowing CW, they will reveal she is actually Jim Gordon's illegitimate daughter with the middle name 'Barbara' and Stephanie was her long lost sister who will promptly die, triggering Steph Babs growth into Batgirl but then we learn that the other Stephanie Brown has been resurrected and is the captain of a time traveling ship. Meanwhile there is an alternate universe version of Steph Babs running around murdering people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    And Morgan Kohan will be playing Stephanie:

Not sure about how to feel.. Cluemaster is BLONDE but Steph no? Is like see Babs.

WTF.. Even tatoos.

Spectacular Member

Warner Brothers doing reverent- in both body and soul- live-action screen adaptations of their comic book characters began, and then immediately ended, with Christopher Reeve as Superman in 1978.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Not sure about how to feel.. Cluemaster is BLONDE but Steph no? Is like see Babs.

WTF.. Even tatoos.
    I feel disappointment. And a deflation of interest. And it's a terrible show I previously gave up on anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    I feel disappointment. And a deflation of interest. And it's a terrible show I previously gave up on anyway.
    Fortunately I never saw it.. I am from another country. To see it I should try to find it in internet and never had interest before.. This only made me think that it was a good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Knowing CW, they will reveal she is actually Jim Gordon's illegitimate daughter with the middle name 'Barbara' and Stephanie was her long lost sister who will promptly die, triggering Steph Babs growth into Batgirl but then we learn that the other Stephanie Brown has been resurrected and is the captain of a time traveling ship. Meanwhile there is an alternate universe version of Steph Babs running around murdering people.
    Wait, are you suggesting that Quentin Lance's wife Dinah (not to be confused with the other Dinah Drake that Arrow introduced later on) had an affair with Jim Gordon, and Sara Lance was the result?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting that Quentin Lance's wife Dinah (not to be confused with the other Dinah Drake that Arrow introduced later on) had an affair with Jim Gordon, and Sara Lance was the result?
    I’m pretty sure they’re just laying out how the Arrowverse handled Laurel Lance, and just adding the Barbara name and Gordon affair as a counterpart to them trying to make Dinah “Laurel” instead (a kind of “hide the canon character in a seemingly new package” idea for no good reason) and joking about them making this Steph actually an adaptation of Babs.

I have to admit, I think it’s perplexing. But the again, a “Cassandra Cain” was in a movie a year ago and didn’t act a thing like Cass.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I think the tats might be something her dad forced on her.

It just feels weird to have a blonde Batgirl have red hair, like the other Batgirl...

Extraordinary Member

Batwoman is a notoriously bad show. Even if she looked the part expectations for Steph should be low, like Batman and Robin low.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Batwoman is a notoriously bad show. Even if she looked the part expectations for Steph should be low, like Batman and Robin low.
    Call me cynical, but the whole thing stinks to me of another desperate attempt to get the audience back (by bringing in another Bat-Family character from the comics).
    Considering that they backflipped on the whole "never recast Kate Kane" situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Call me cynical, but the whole thing stinks to me of another desperate attempt to get the audience back (by bringing in another Bat-Family character from the comics).
    Considering that they backflipped on the whole "never recast Kate Kane" situation.
    lol they didn't backflip, they just didn't reveal it in advance. Wallis was cast in early January before S2E1 even aired. It wasn't in response to viewership.

lol they didn't backflip, they just didn't reveal it in advance.
    They backflipped after production had already begun. You're assuming it was in immediate response to viewership, but that's not what I said here. Although, it's arguable that the backlash of the casting news had some influence.

To be honest with you, I did consider the ‘soap opera version’ [of recasting] for a hot minute
    In addition to paying “respect to everything that Ruby [Rose] put into the Kate Kane character” during Season 1, Dries said, “it also helps the audience, because we’re not asking them to address ‘the elephant in the room'” by accepting a new face as the same person.
    https://tvline.com/2020/06/06/why-ba...cter-season-2/

"Yeah, so I actually went out for it last year, when they announced the departure of Ruby [Rose]," Wallis Day (Krypton), the new Kate Kane on The CW's Batwoman told CBR. "But a few weeks into the process, they said that they were heading in a different direction."
    They had decided not to use the character of Kate. Then, the backflip.

Day added that showrunner Caroline [Dries] wrote her an email about the change, but told her they would give her a call should they decide on bringing Kate Kane back. Day continued, "I was just like, [sighs] 'Yeah, right, everyone always says this to the actors!' But to be honest, I was really upset about it, because it just felt like such a right move. You never really get excited, because you kind of get used to rejection as an actor, but it just gnawed at me."
    However, Day finally got a call in January, recalling, "Caroline called, and I was like, 'Yes, I do still want to play Kate! Let's do it!' And here we are."
    https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-wallis-...ampaign=CBR-TW

Now we've gone way of topic, this a Steph thread. If you want to argue further, bring it to the Kate Kane Recast Thread.