Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Two pages is a much bigger appearance than has been typical lately. (And maybe there is even more later in the issue - they are being called off for another task.)

Steph is savage .

Incredible Member

Spoiler appears in a half dozen panels in Truth & Justice digital #16, which starts a 3-part story for Damian.

The Bat Family, including Steph, Barbara, Cass, are holding a birthday party for Damian, when things ensue. The story is actually pretty funny and quite adorable.

Full face mask fans will be happy! This is set in an earlier time, pre-Batgirls, with Batgirl of Burnside, Orphan and Spoiler.

#17 will be out later this week, #18 in early July.

It looks like the whole story will be released as print issue #6 on July 20:

"It’s Damian Wayne’s birthday, and the Bat-Family throws him a surprise party in the Batcave! But it seems someone has other plans, as a pair of ancient Hittite deities crash the party! Robin’s battle with Tarhun and Arinitti takes him on a wild ride all the way to Budapest, ultimately leading him to his grandfather, Ra’s al Ghul. As Batman wages a battle to rescue his son, Damian is left to ponder a life-altering question: choose immortality and stand at his grandfather’s side, or choose mortality and continue on his path alongside his father."

Oh joy. Another "which side will Damian choose?" story, as if it's not obvious. But at least it also doubles as a full Batfam story. And, so far, it's pretty entertaining. A little heavy handed with the banter. But it's still pretty decent. I just like seeing stories where everyone's together.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

She reminds me of Barbara Wilson from Batman & Robin, which is why she's my favorite Batgirl. However, Barbara Gordon is still the Batgirl in my DCU.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Extraordinary Member

Presumably for Batman: Urban Legends:

https://twitter.com/Sweeney_Boo/stat...59135015723010

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Presumably for Batman: Urban Legends:

https://twitter.com/Sweeney_Boo/stat...59135015723010

Can't wait .

Incredible Member

The preview of "Batman: Secret Files: The Signal #1" introduces Cass as "One half of the Batgirls." Huh. I thought she's one third.

I guess Tony Patrick must mean that Steph is the other one, but Barbara is not just still in the game, she's getting a brand new costume. Didn't she get called "Batgirl Prime" by Steph recently?

It seems unlikely, but possible, that Patrick is overlooking Steph.

Maybe the book we are all anticipating will be titled "Batgirl and the Batgirls." It has a nice ring to it.

Or maybe "Batgirl Prime and the Auxiliary League of Batgirls."

Or, maybe, this is a spoiler (lower-case spoiler) and Barbara is not going to use that name in the future.

Izzy Ortiz (apparently from We Are Robin) then says "See ya soon, Cassie."

Cassie? Well maybe Izzy the character doesn't know what name she uses. Or maybe at times she's been called Cassie?

But it looks to me like the The Bateditors are off their game.

I haven't checked to see what, if anything, is being said in the Cassandra or Barbara forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    The preview of "Batman: Secret Files: The Signal #1" introduces Cass as "One half of the Batgirls." Huh. I thought she's one third.

I guess Tony Patrick must mean that Steph is the other one, but Barbara is not just still in the game, she's getting a brand new costume. Didn't she get called "Batgirl Prime" by Steph recently?

Maybe the book we are all anticipating will be titled "Batgirl and the Batgirls." It has a nice ring to it.

Or, maybe, this is a spoiler (lower-case spoiler) and Barbara is not going to use that name in the future.

Cassie? Well maybe Izzy the character doesn't know what name she uses. Or maybe at times she's been called Cassie?

I haven't checked to see what, if anything, is being said in the Cassandra or Barbara forums.
    I think some of that is just overthinking it.

It may just be that by "Batgirls" he's referring to just Steph and Cass as the primary field operatives of Barbara. Barbara would still be "Batgirl" as well if she's in costume and directly on the field in action, but that would only occasionally occur.

Astonishing Member

It is not so complicated. Barbara is Batgirl, while Stephanie and Cassandra are Batgirls.

The editors are not off their game this time. Tom Taylor also difference between Batgirl and Batgirls.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...26744756129795
    Last edited by Konja7; 07-05-2021 at 09:18 AM.

Yeah, she's Duke's girlfriend, and a member of the We Are Robin team codenamed Robina. She debuted in We Are Robin #1.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Isabella_Ortiz_(Prime_Earth)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Just a reminder that this week's Batman: Urban Legends #5 features a Batgirls story by Marguerite Bennett and Sweeney Boo:
    Batgirls: Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown are just two teenagers breaking into Wayne Manor so they can play some video games. But when Oracle gives them a mission, the Batgirls suit up and head to an abandoned arcade to investigate.

I have to wait two more hours for Urban Legends to drop but everyone on my Twitter has read it already... I'm going to become the joker

Quote Originally Posted by DropOfSaturn View Post
    I have to wait two more hours for Urban Legends to drop but everyone on my Twitter has read it already... I'm going to become the joker
    Someone I trust said the two of them actually feel in character for once so I'm going to try and take whatever happens with a very open mind. The Tim story.... we'll see.