Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Interesting word choice, especially considering the direction this thread seemed to have taken . . .

Uh, is that ALL versions of Helena Wayne (past and present) or just one potential future version of Helena Wayne from stuff written by King in his Batman / Catwoman world?
    As far as I know, most versions of Helena Wayne don't get into her love life. So the answer is, unknown.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    With Tynion leaving, is there any other strong voice at DC advocating for a Batgirls book?

You'd think they'd introduce a Bat family book as part of the Fear State event - which is already set to introduce 3 new series. (The Fear State event checklist includes I Am Batman, Arkham City, and Task Force Z, even though the October solicitations don't say that they are tie-ins.)

No sign of them.

So whatever happened to the alternate Bat signals Barbara had Steph and Cass set up around the city? Was that plot point dropped? Or, are these Chekhov Bat Signals? Steph and Cass were supposed to do maintenance on them, setting up new ones as the old ones were used.
    I am very worried about that, yes. There are a ton of ideas that Tynion won't get to pay off now. I just hope Steph and Cass aren't left in the box when he goes.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Interesting word choice, especially considering the direction this thread seemed to have taken . . .

Uh, is that ALL versions of Helena Wayne (past and present) or just one potential future version of Helena Wayne from stuff written by King in his Batman / Catwoman world?
    I’d say all of them.

Just like it was originally the New 52 Earth 2 Alan Scott that’s out as gay. But now the original one as well.

So too with versions of Helena Wayne.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 08-11-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’d say all of them.

Just like it was originally the New 52 Earth 2 Alan Scott that’s as gay. But now the original one as well.

So too with versions of Helena Wayne.
    But so far, it's just a potential future version written by Tom King?

You know, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if DC had a huge EVENT / "CRISIS" in 2022 if it meant they could undo all the damage King has done to Batman and other characters in the Bat-franchise . . .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Yeah, I was referring to Barbara and Helena.

And really there are allready a lot of queer women in the Batman comics: Kate, Renee, Harley, Ivy, Harper Row and technically Selina.
    Some readers count Talia as well. Ever since she woke up from her orgy of men and women servants.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I am very worried about that, yes. There are a ton of ideas that Tynion won't get to pay off now. I just hope Steph and Cass aren't left in the box when he goes.
    I guess, the question is in November, who is gonna be the writer of the series. Certain writers, Taylor and Bendis can do a good job with younger female characters and keep them out of the box and on the board, but if it's a writer who is more into Batman himself than his cast, then I would be worried. Though now that she and Cassandra both have some push, we might not have to worry too much. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I guess, the question is in November, who is gonna be the writer of the series. Certain writers, Taylor and Bendis can do a good job with younger female characters and keep them out of the box and on the board, but if it's a writer who is more into Batman himself than his cast, then I would be worried. Though now that she and Cassandra both have some push, we might not have to worry too much. I hope.
    I really hope that Cloonan and Conrad are writing a Batgirls book
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I really hope that Cloonan and Conrad are writing a Batgirls book
    Well what other book could they be? Both have worked on YA comics and younger characters so I would assume that it would have to be the Batgirls group since we already have writers set on everything except for the ones that JT is leaving from, and that's only Batman I think. So, unless they put them on Batman, it would have to be that or something like Batwoman.

Well what other book could they be? Both have worked on YA comics and younger characters so I would assume that it would have to be the Batgirls group since we already have writers set on everything except for the ones that JT is leaving from, and that's only Batman I think. So, unless they put them on Batman, it would have to be that or something like Batwoman.
    Do we know they are working on an unannounced book?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Yeah, I was referring to Barbara and Helena.

And really there are already a lot of queer women in the Batman comics: Kate, Renee, Harley, Ivy, Harper Row, and technically Selina.
    Selina's romance with Bruce is iconic. So she probably will remain heterosexual. if I remember correctly DC stated that Catwoman was bisexual in 2015 and nothing has happened since then. Same with Wonder Woman. Harley and Ivy are an odd case because they haven't been with other people ( Ivy hates humanity but loves only Harley, but Harley could date other women) I'd rather they focus on Kate, Renee, Harley and Harper Row.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Selina's romance with Bruce is iconic. So she probably will remain heterosexual. if I remember correctly DC stated that Catwoman was bisexual in 2015 and nothing has happened since then.
    That's why I wrote "technically".

Extraordinary Member

Well given the news about Tim being Bi, where do we as Stephanie fans go with this? Like is DC never going to give them a chance again? If not then who can she date if DC goes the way of Tim being gay?
    If it affects the Steph/Tim relationship then that's a lot worse for Tim than it is for Steph. Being Steph's love interest is the only thing that gives Tim any value as a character since 2011 and without that relationship he could and probably should be just written out and forgotten about. Being Bi isn't going to make Tim the character he was before Flashpoint or Identity Crisis or make him suddenly interesting again. That ship has long since sailed.

Do we know they are working on an unannounced book?
    I don't know myself. I would assume that at the very least there would be a consideration of it given the characters that we're seeing being shuffled.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    If it affects the Steph/Tim relationship then that's a lot worse for Tim than it is for Steph. Being Steph's love interest is the only thing that gives Tim any value as a character since 2011 and without that relationship he could and probably should be just written out and forgotten about. Being Bi isn't going to make Tim the character he was before Flashpoint or Identity Crisis or make him suddenly interesting again. That ship has long since sailed.
    I would say there's more to him then that. But it's really based on who wants to write him because a lot of writers want to make a mark on the Bat Mythos and push all other characters by the wayside. See Tom Kings work.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I'd say since 2003–2005 or so, when the combination of War Games, Identity Crisis, Graduation Day, and Didio's time as the editor of Robin ended up stripping away everything that made him different.

Ironic that Stephanie used to be seen as only having value as Tim's love interest.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I mean hopefully Steph can be treated well still. I mean to be honest I feel like they might just wind up being them back together. But overall I hope we get to see Steph more in other medias beside comics. We didn't get to see her much in YJ