Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean hopefully Steph can be treated well still. I mean to be honest I feel like they might just wind up being them back together. But overall I hope we get to see Steph more in other medias beside comics. We didn't get to see her much in YJ
    And funny enough she appeared in Batwoman show. To me she was the last person I expected to come on the show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Ironic that Stephanie used to be seen as only having value as Tim's love interest.
    Appart from her short stint as Batgirl, Steph has for the mostpart allways been either a support character for Tim or Cass, not being in a realtionship with Tim will likely reduce the amounts of appearances she gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    And funny enough she appeared in Batwoman show. To me she was the last person I expected to come on the show.
    You think this means she will be used more? I hope so that way maybe we will get her to be anything other than Tim's love interest.

Extraordinary Member

I'd say since 2003–2005 or so, when the combination of War Games, Identity Crisis, Graduation Day, and Didio's time as the editor of Robin ended up stripping away everything that made him different.

Ironic that Stephanie used to be seen as only having value as Tim's love interest.
    Which goes to show that people tend to only pay attention what's popular/sells well. Steph's complicated relationship with her father always brought more to the table and elevated Cluemaster beyond being just a Riddler knock-off, and her having to fight for every scarp of acceptance she could get. Post-Flashpoint Steph is not quite as good of a character as pre-Flashpoint Steph because she was just accepted by Batman and everyone else immediately after Eternal and so didn't have that long struggle to prove herself, but she was never destroyed the way Tim was since the core of her relationship with Cluemaster was maintained and she was given good development in Eternal. Even making her a genius worked out surprisingly well because it's tied to her relationship with her father. In the 2000s, people who dismissed her probably didn't read any stories with her or if they did they only read War Games.

With Tim, he only continued to exist after Flashpoint because Didio thought he was still marketable, but he has had no place in the story or mythos and barely any relationships with caring about. He's a boring, perfect, less-brooding min-Bruce. Eve his relationship with Bruce is boring.

Can we save Tim ? What can we do?

Also does Steph have enough of her own story to let's say have her used on her own in an animated story

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Which goes to show that people tend to only pay attention what's popular/sells well. Steph's complicated relationship with her father always brought more to the table and elevated Cluemaster beyond being just a Riddler knock-off, and her having to fight for every scarp of acceptance she could get. Post-Flashpoint Steph is not quite as good of a character as pre-Flashpoint Steph because she was just accepted by Batman and everyone else immediately after Eternal and so didn't have that long struggle to prove herself, but she was never destroyed the way Tim was since the core of her relationship with Cluemaster was maintained and she was given good development in Eternal. Even making her a genius worked out surprisingly well because it's tied to her relationship with her father. In the 2000s, people who dismissed her probably didn't read any stories with her or if they did they only read War Games.

With Tim, he only continued to exist after Flashpoint because Didio thought he was still marketable, but he has had no place in the story or mythos and barely any relationships with caring about. He's a boring, perfect, less-brooding min-Bruce. Eve his relationship with Bruce is boring.
    Not to derail the Stephanie Brown thread too much, but the fact is he is only boring right now because he has been handled so poorly. Put some good writers on him, and he can be brought back to his rightful place of prominence.

Of course, it's going to take more than just throwing on a gimmick. Something that brings him back to what made him great in the first place would be needed.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 08-11-2021 at 12:24 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Can we save Tim ? What can we do?

Also does Steph have enough of her own story to let's say have her used on her own in an animated story
    Save him from what?

And the answer to that for Stephanie, is YES

Save him from what?

And the answer to that for Stephanie, is YES
    Save him from being turned into a one-note token character who only shows up when DC wants to virtue signal and who never has any new stories told about him that aren't centered on his sexuality.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Extraordinary Member

Save him from being turned into a one-note token character who only shows up when DC wants to virtue signal and who never has any new stories told about him that aren't centered on his sexuality.
    Like his next appearance in Robins this October?

Like his next appearance in Robins this October?
    So Robins has been confirmed? Good!

Now, can you confirm that they won't be treating him as a token in that?
    Rogue wears rouge.

Astonishing Member

The writer doesn't likely know that Tim was bi (Stephanie has her old suit). So, if Tim is relegated in this story, that wouldn't be related to his sexual orientation.

Extraordinary Member

Depends, can you confirm that they won’t treat Stephanie as the token girl in that?

You can’t and neither can I. So why are you worried about Tim?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 08-11-2021 at 07:48 PM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Appart from her short stint as Batgirl, Steph has for the mostpart allways been either a support character for Tim or Cass, not being in a realtionship with Tim will likely reduce the amounts of appearances she gets.
    That is what has me worried. Steph appearances in the future.

Depends, can confirm that they won’t treat Stephanie as the token girl in that?

You can’t and neither can I. So why are you worried about Tim?
    Actually, I'm worried about both. I hope that my worries are unjustified; but I am worried.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Not to derail the Stephanie Brown thread too much, but the fact is he is only boring right now because he has been handled so poorly. Put some good writers on him, and he can be brought back to his rightful place of prominence.

Of course, it's going to take more than just throwing on a gimmick. Something that brings him back to what made him great in the first place would be needed.
    Tim as to play into his strenghts. He is a smart guy really good detective. Dick is a awesome fighter and wholesome guy, Todd has some demons and damian is child trained to be assassin redeemed by eing a Robin.
    Stephanie is someone that tried to do the best, a true optimist.

Tim got lost since Flashpoint, I'm barely interested in the character now. Hope they have a really good fan for him