Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Only thing I've read by Tini Howard has been several issues of the current Exacalibur run, and those were horrendous, truly some of the worst comics I've read in the last 10 years.
    Trying to remember why it was bad, I know there were a lot of inconsistencies with it. But refresh my memory please?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Trying to remember why it was bad, I know there were a lot of inconsistencies with it. But refresh my memory please?
    What wasn't wrong with it? Plots were not thought out and at times confusing, especially her first issue in X of Swords. It was supposed to be a team book but was basically a stealth solo for Captain Britain, and not a good one at that. The terrible writing made me hate Betsy Braddock, and she wasn't alone in having terrible characterization with Rictor's sudden and continued crush on Apocalypse, and people are still up in arms about Rogue and Gambit being wallpaper, though I never really cared for Gambit or them as a couple. There was the occasional good idea, but the writing, plotting, dialogue, and characterization were all terrible.

And being one of the masterminds of X of Swords is not that good for her resume either. The event started out well enough but then abandoned its entire premise and abruptly switched tones more than halfway through, creating a poorly paced an inconsistent mess and turning what was supposed to be a high-stakes event into a farce.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I am to, maybe at some point that can be revisited in some way. Steph as Jace's robin? Could be an interesting thing to at least give her more time in the role.
    As Drako points out, Jace already has a sidekick (not that he couldn't have more), but given how Ridley has written Lucius and Luke Fox as morally perfidious, stupid, or both to prop up Jace, and fridged Tam, I have no interest in seeing him take another character I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I'd prefer if steph became the batgirl of bludhaven. Her own little niche outside of other batgirls.
    I dunno if I'd want Steph to go to Bludhaven specifically, but I'd love her to have her own borough or district of Gotham - similar to Burnside or Hell's Kitchen for Daredevil. Spoiler was originally a hero in the suburbs specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    According to Batman Black & White, Jace's Robin will be his sister in the future.

i'm not opposed to the idea of Steph being in Bludhaven.

But lets see what is the mission of the Batgirls book first.
    We do need to wait. But it's so easy to speculate!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Only thing I've read by Tini Howard has been several issues of the current Exacalibur run, and those were horrendous, truly some of the worst comics I've read in the last 10 years.
    Yeah, unfortunately I had the exact same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I like her logo here.
    That is a pretty cool looking Bat logo!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wait, someone fridged Tam? Again?

Speaking of suburb, I'm looking at that one Gotham City map, and I don't know where the Gotham Suburb is supposed to be located.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Speaking of suburb, I'm looking at that one Gotham City map, and I don't know where the Gotham Suburb is supposed to be located.
    Seems that way, yes.

Wasn't it a bit away from where Tim's home was?

I think Tini Howard's Excalibur really turned itself around with XoS. It's been great since around, like, #11. And I say that as somebody who really didn't like the first ten or so issues!

I am to, maybe at some point that can be revisited in some way. Steph as Jace's robin? Could be an interesting thing to at least give her more time in the role.
    She is a far mre experienced hero than he is, so better pass on that

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Yes, after Tynion got Tam back and in position to be awesome again, Ridley just fridged her again for Jace's development. Really, really frustrated.

Seems that way, yes.

Wasn't it a bit away from where Tim's home was?
    The suburbs are across the river, not on the main island, because Steph wasn't really involved in NML, which was mostly confined to the island.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think Tini Howard's Excalibur really turned itself around with XoS. It's been great since around, like, #11. And I say that as somebody who really didn't like the first ten or so issues!
    That's really good to hear - maybe I'll try to check it out again, and enjoy it more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Yeah, really don't like that. And now maybe I understand why my Bette Kane loving friends hate the n52 Batwoman so much.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yes, after Tynion got Tam back and in position to be awesome again, Ridley just fridged her again for Jace's development. Really, really frustrated.
    Oof .
    Yeah, really don't like that. And now maybe I understand why my Bette Kane loving friends hate the n52 Batwoman so much.
    I liked Bette in the New 52 Batwoman...although it was a rough start for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oof .

I liked Bette in the New 52 Batwoman...although it was a rough start for her.
    Well, I liked her too. But I can see how someone who loved her as Bat-Girl and a Titan would see her being a sidekick to a character barely 5 years old would really raRandle. Yes, Tim Fox has existed since the 70s or so, but he has only been a hero for 1 year at most, while Steph has been a hero for almost 30 years, been a title character in an ongoing twice, and sustained a solo for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    I would agree, but I wonder if they would want to tie it into the CW Batman, or give him someone who is more sure of themselves as the robin for the time being to help him out.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

The suburbs are across the river, not on the main island, because Steph wasn't really involved in NML, which was mostly confined to the island.

That's really good to hear - maybe I'll try to check it out again, and enjoy it more now.

So we just Fridge her to lift him up? WTF Ridly?! I thought we were past that sort of thing. Guess I was wrong.

Okay, so I forgot that she was more like Queens area hero ala Spider-girl for a few issues early on. (I'm equating the burbs of Gotham to the areas around New York for my own sanity because DC changes how cities are set up all the time.)

Apparently is a really hot day in that ROBINS preview... Steph is sweating a lot. HAHAHAHA

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...in-quot/page16

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe they'll seriously pair Steph and Cass. Maybe the Future State issues were prophetic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The franchise can have more than one lesbian!
    I would love this. I'm already cringing at the very boring supportive-ex-gf role that the Bat-writers will 100% hang around Steph's neck wrt to Tim being gay now.

I'd prefer, "What's that, Tim? **slurp slurp** You're getting a St. Bernard? *slurp* That's great, I love dogs. **slurp slurp** Gotta go. I can't really hear you with Cass's legs wrapped around my head. Spoiler out. **slurp**"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I would love this. I'm already cringing at the very boring supportive-ex-gf role that the Bat-writers will 100% hang around Steph's neck wrt to Tim being gay now.

I'd prefer, "What's that, Tim? **slurp slurp** You're getting a St. Bernard? *slurp* That's great, I love dogs. **slurp slurp** Gotta go. I can't really hear you with Cass's legs wrapped around my head. Spoiler out. **slurp**"
    Wouldn’t it depend on the writer though. Tim got outed because the Urban Legends writer had a story to tell and pitched it to the editors.

Do any of the current DC writers or just the rumored writers of the rumored Batgirls title, want to go in that direction for Stephanie and Cass?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wouldn’t it depend on the writer though. Tim got outed because the Urban Legends writer had a story to tell and pitched it to the editors.

Do any of the current DC writers or just the rumored writers of the rumored Batgirls title, want to go in that direction for Stephanie and Cass?
    Oh, I'm sure it won't happen. Like I said, Steph is already earmarked for the unrealistic, boring supportive-and-not-bitter-at-all-ex-girlfriend role for Tim's coming out.

Steph already beating Tim to the punch by being bi with Cass is just some fans' humorous fantasy.