Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I'm at least glad this means Steph is no longer stuck as Tim's divine pre-ordained waifu. I like that cop she was dating in the Batgirl run. Can't remember his name.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    I'm at least glad this means Steph is no longer stuck as Tim's divine pre-ordained waifu. I like that cop she was dating in the Batgirl run. Can't remember his name.
    Detective 'St. Nick' Gage. They weren't dating. She had a small crush but he was Barbara's love interest since he was Barbara's age. She even tells him to pursue Babs.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

As a TimSteph shipper, I am very sad. I think Tim should have a good storyline, and I hope this will lead into such a storyline, but I'm also very frustrated that Steph continues to be on the back burner and handed to writers who clearly have no interest in her history or skills.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Hard for me to get invested in any relationship that's not with each other at this point, personally, not that I need them attached at the hip.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Gene Gonzales color sketch.

BrownBG.jpg

I like this sketch

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Gene Gonzales color sketch.

BrownBG.jpg
    Looks like she's about ready to get into action .

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

This is the thing with Steph. She was such a good character and worked so well with Tim that anyone that comes after him is going to be very much looked on with no favor, see Carlie in Spider-Man or anyone they try to pair Luke up with in New EU Star Wars over Mara Jade, and Lois and Clark or Wally and Linda.

Tim and Stephanie worked so well that unless they replicate him and someone its going to be a dumpster fire for any future character because of how good they worked.

And I can see Steph being less kind because of how he dumped her.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    This is the thing with Steph. She was such a good character and worked so well with Tim that anyone that comes after him is going to be very much looked on with no favor, see Carlie in Spider-Man or anyone they try to pair Luke up with in New EU Star Wars over Mara Jade, and Lois and Clark or Wally and Linda.

Tim and Stephanie worked so well that unless they replicate him and someone its going to be a dumpster fire for any future character because of how good they worked.

And I can see Steph being less kind because of how he dumped her.
    Well, Tim was very consciously based in large part on Peter Parker (according to Chuck Dixon), and as such, I can really see MJ in Steph's characterization (and some of Gwen in Arianna). (Also, huge fistbump over Luke and Mara ).

I am really concerned about Steph's future, but remember that when Steph was Batgirl, she and Tim had broken up very messily, and yet she was probably her most mature and kind version of herself in that role. Hopefully a return to the Batgirl role, even shared, will do something similar to her.

All we can do is hope for writers who can see her.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, Tim was very consciously based in large part on Peter Parker (according to Chuck Dixon), and as such, I can really see MJ in Steph's characterization (and some of Gwen in Arianna). (Also, huge fistbump over Luke and Mara ).

I am really concerned about Steph's future, but remember that when Steph was Batgirl, she and Tim had broken up very messily, and yet she was probably her most mature and kind version of herself in that role. Hopefully a return to the Batgirl role, even shared, will do something similar to her.

I did not know Dixon based him on Peter but looking at it Tim does have a lot of Peter Parker like tendencies. Steph as MJ makes sense given her more wild personality and Arianna as Gwen does too, minus the falling to her death and all. (Returns Huge Fistbump for Luke and Mara, still sad its gone right now. ).

Agreed but I also hope they don't over share her skills with Tim, someone already made her a hacker, sigh, which will have some Babs fans mad.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

I never thought of that before but Steph's sass and pluck definitely feel very reminiscent of MJ...also I remember MJ's with purple pants, so even some color association .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I never thought of that before but Steph's sass and pluck definitely feel very reminiscent of MJ...also I remember MJ's with purple pants, so even some color association .
    Not to mention a dead beat dad, a mom that has issues, both had a child and both had to give up that child (Mc2 Mayday for MJ), both were seen as the wild child, both have a on off relationship with their partner. Etc. Only difference is Stephs a blonde, with other cavates.

Not to mention a dead beat dad, a mom that has issues, both had a child and both had to give up that child (Mc2 Mayday for MJ), both were seen as the wild child, both have a on off relationship with their partner. Etc. Only difference is Stephs a blonde, with other cavates.
    Suddenly her being a redhead on Batwoman is more amusing...

I'm just really surprised DC never pushed that angle with Tim and Steph (peter/MJ angle). I would think it would have worked if they let Tim be in college.

I did not know Dixon based him on Peter but looking at it Tim does have a lot of Peter Parker like tendencies. Steph as MJ makes sense given her more wild personality and Arianna as Gwen does too, minus the falling to her death and all. (Returns Huge Fistbump for Luke and Mara, still sad its gone right now. ).

Agreed but I also hope they don't over share her skills with Tim, someone already made her a hacker, sigh, which will have some Babs fans mad.
    The hacking thing makes some sense on Steph's part, even aside from her connection to Tim, given that her dad is Cluemaster, and that puzzle-solving capacity being passed down makes sense (that's what the n52 and Rebirth writers generally did push).

The scene where she says "You have a bad case of the Stephs" by pose and sass was pure "Face it Tiger, you just hit the jackpot". (Also, I don't get why people think that's stupid. C'mon, it's adorable!)

Lol. I am still a bit cranky about the red hair, but the comic references really won me over.

I'm just really surprised DC never pushed that angle with Tim and Steph (peter/MJ angle). I would think it would have worked if they let Tim be in college.
    I think it's because they never really had another writer after Dixon who really pushed Tim and Steph as both on arcs. Willingham tried, but it was really clumsy because of editorial. Lewis was...just too strange, and editorial was obsessed with marginalizing Steph at the time. Tynion also tried, and I think somewhat succeeded, but Steph was his lowest priority character in Tec.