Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Jon Lewis, the writer who took over for Dixon, gave Steph the biggest push of anyone. He fully elevated her to co-lead in Robin.

Which of Steph's supporting cast should be brought back? We've seen Nick Gage mentioned, but who else? I think Johny C/The Grey Ghost is a must. His obsession with Batgirl could just be switched to Spoiler. There's also the Reverend Knutland from Robin 104. I think Sheriff 'Shotgun' Smith's only appearance since the Nu52 started was when she got her father arrested in Batman Eternal, so right now it would make sense to transfer him from a Tim supporting character to a Steph supporting character.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Jon Lewis, the writer who took over for Dixon, gave Steph the biggest push of anyone. He fully elevated her to co-lead in Robin.

Which of Steph's supporting cast should be brought back? We've seen Nick Gage mentioned, but who else? I think Johny C/The Grey Ghost is a must. His obsession with Batgirl could just be switched to Spoiler. There's also the Reverend Knutland from Robin 104. I think Sheriff 'Shotgun' Smith's only appearance since the Nu52 started was when she got her father arrested in Batman Eternal, so right now it would make sense to transfer him from a Tim supporting character to a Steph supporting character.
    Lewis did some very interesting stuff with Steph, but it generally was in her civilian life, I would argue. And his plotting was just so WEIRD.

I'm always a big fan of promoting Nell Little! Bring back Steph's biggest fan!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Lewis did some very interesting stuff with Steph, but it generally was in her civilian life, I would argue. And his plotting was just so WEIRD.

I'm always a big fan of promoting Nell Little! Bring back Steph's biggest fan!
    Yes, when I did my fan fiction scripts Nell proved to be one of the best things I picked up from the Batgirl run.

Extraordinary Member

I think Sheriff 'Shotgun' Smith's only appearance since the Nu52 started was when she got her father arrested in Batman Eternal, so right now it would make sense to transfer him from a Tim supporting character to a Steph supporting character.
    The thing with 'Shotgun' Smith is that he is is working in Gotham country and not in Gotham city, Tim and Steph used to mostly work on cases in the suburbs back during Tim's run as Robin that's why he was usually the Cop to appear there.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Nell, have Kara and Damian come to visit. Klarion "Bum Bum Bum" the witchboy would be nice to have as part of the support, and Francisco Gracia who was one of her classmates. They didn't give her a lot of additional cast sadly.

Incredible Member

Bengal posted this to Instagram, apparently a day ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS4QcrssZoA/

bengalgram:
    This is not what you think.#WIP #Spoiler #Batgirl #Stephanie #Cassandra

Bengal - This is not what you think. #WIP #Spoiler #Batgirl #Stephanie #Cassandra.jpg

What does he think we're thinking? Any ideas what he's up to?

Steph saying that she feels like OUTSIDER here like Damian while he.. us Shipping Steph and Tim again...

He said that they should spend some QUALITY TIME. Mentioning the Robins also called Steph the Bravest of them.

Robin 2021 Damian Wayne Stephanie Brown.jpg

Robin 2021 Damian Wayne Robins opinion.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-24-2021 at 03:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

She is in the sense that she confronts her fears more often than the rest of them. She's more afraid when she goes out as Spoiler than anyone else in the bat-family but she doesn't let that stop her or slow her down.

Incredible Member

From Robin #5:

Robin #5 Here We Go.jpg

Williamson also refers in this issue to the same period, when Dick and Damian were Batman and Robin. How far is that from acknowledging when Steph was Batgirl?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Mentioning the Robins also called Steph the Bravest of them.
    That was cool, but it was awkward that he listed the Robins as "Grayson, Tim, Spoiler." Obviously, he couldn't say "Robin, Robin, Robin" but I think it would have sounded more natural and made more sense to have ended his list with "Steph." But maybe he should also have said Drake. And maybe Brown? It's quite the mixed up list! Damian has been up all night, though - he must be very tired.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    From Robin #5:

Robin #5 Here We Go.jpg

Williamson also refers in this issue to the same period, when Dick and Damian were Batman and Robin. How far is that from acknowledging when Steph was Batgirl?
    That'd be the exact same time period, but unfortunately, Dick Batman was never not canon, so this reference doesn't prove that Steph Batgirl is back in continuity. The Infinite Frontier status quo means that it should be, though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    From Robin #5:

That'd be the exact same time period, but unfortunately, Dick Batman was never not canon, so this reference doesn't prove that Steph Batgirl is back in continuity. The Infinite Frontier status quo means that it should be, though.
    Or DC could even decide to have it so that Steph's adventures as Batgirl still happened but with her still being Spoiler, not Batgirl.
    It all depends on what they work out for a timeline with how long Babs wasn't Batgirl and how much of that time may have had Cass and/or Steph being Batgirl.
    (And I'm wondering if/when DC will ever decide to definitely define what the current status is.
    This "EVERY-F#@%!N'-THING-HAPPENED" despite how many reboots and retcons they had over the past +/-80 years is just nonsense when you try to apply it to more than one character.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Or DC could even decide to have it so that Steph's adventures as Batgirl still happened but with her still being Spoiler, not Batgirl.
    It all depends on what they work out for a timeline with how long Babs wasn't Batgirl and how much of that time may have had Cass and/or Steph being Batgirl.
    (And I'm wondering if/when DC will ever decide to definitely define what the current status is.
    This "EVERY-F#@%!N'-THING-HAPPENED" despite how many reboots and retcons they had over the past +/-80 years is just nonsense when you try to apply it to more than one character.)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

From Robin #5:

Robin #5 Here We Go.jpg

It's interesting that the picture has been getting bigger when it gets quoted. I don't know why it started out so small in my original post. But the main thing I was observing is the dialog in the panel, where Steph says "Here we go." I think of that as unique to BQM Batgirl - is it a catchphrase from any other era? So I thought between that stealthy reference, and the Dick/Damian reference, Williamson was playing around with 2009-2011. Maybr it's just fan service.

EDIT: Oh no, the image got small again

It's interesting that the picture has been getting bigger when it gets quoted. I don't know why it started out so small in my original post. But the main thing I was observing is the dialog in the panel, where Steph says "Here we go." I think of that as unique to BQM Batgirl - is it a catchphrase from any other era? So I thought between that stealthy reference, and the Dick/Damian reference, Williamson was playing around with 2009-2011. Maybr it's just fan service.

By the way, I cheated and copied your image so I could try and re-post it in a larger size.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

This is a great idea - I'm going to bug Williamson on twitter to see if he'll confirm!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord