Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes me miss the classic Spoiler look...
    Hey, you got a skin with the full face mask! Why complain?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yup! She's also a guaranteed unlock if you do the daily login rewards. So pretty!

How does this work? I don't know much about gaming, and have been doing this game for a few days now. And am not making substantial progress. This Improvised Strike says it only works with some characters - I guess the row of graytone locked characters shown at the bottom when readying for battle? Since they are all gray I don't know who they are, but even if I did, wouldn't know how to acquire them. My Phantom Stranger works but he doesn't have quite enough power to win.

In "Shop" I see "Spoiler: Stephanie Brown, 10 Hero fragments, 1000 legendary essence, sale ends in 3D 12H, New Hero!, Essence Gems 8K." I guess that means for 8,000 essence gems, I'd come away with 10 hero fragments of Steph and the legendary essence (whatever that is). I presume once you get fragments, you start to be able to use at least some features of the character.

But how do you get essence gems? At one point I had around 900 and I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the stuff the game gives you during the initial tutorial battles, because on my own there was not only no hope of ever getting to 8,000, but in fact now I'm down to fewer than 500. Going in the wrong direction.

Looks like I missed the daily login emails but don't know how I missed them since I've played and checked there every day . But, what do they mean by "login?" I don't log in. When I open the app it tells me I'm playing with my (iOS) Game Center id. Does that mean just opening the app once a day is equivalent to logging in?

Any tips?

By the way I noticed that in the Improvised Strike battles I've tried - my Phantom Stranger against their 3, and I usually fail - one of the character names that pops up at the bottom of the screen is "Batman Jace Fox." Really? That's surprising. And, he's a bad guy?

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    How does this work? I don't know much about gaming, and have been doing this game for a few days now. And am not making substantial progress. This Improvised Strike says it only works with some characters - I guess the row of graytone locked characters shown at the bottom when readying for battle? Since they are all gray I don't know who they are, but even if I did, wouldn't know how to acquire them. My Phantom Stranger works but he doesn't have quite enough power to win.

In "Shop" I see "Spoiler: Stephanie Brown, 10 Hero fragments, 1000 legendary essence, sale ends in 3D 12H, New Hero!, Essence Gems 8K." I guess that means for 8,000 essence gems, I'd come away with 10 hero fragments of Steph and the legendary essence (whatever that is). I presume once you get fragments, you start to be able to use at least some features of the character.

But how do you get essence gems? At one point I had around 900 and I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the stuff the game gives you during the initial tutorial battles, because on my own there was not only no hope of ever getting to 8,000, but in fact now I'm down to fewer than 500. Going in the wrong direction.

Looks like I missed the daily login emails but don't know how I missed them since I've played and checked there every day . But, what do they mean by "login?" I don't log in. When I open the app it tells me I'm playing with my (iOS) Game Center id. Does that mean just opening the app once a day is equivalent to logging in?

Any tips?

By the way I noticed that in the Improvised Strike battles I've tried - my Phantom Stranger against their 3, and I usually fail - one of the character names that pops up at the bottom of the screen is "Batman Jace Fox." Really? That's surprising. And, he's a bad guy?
    Ok, complicated questions! I'm pretty nooby myself, but I think I can answer some of them.

1) The Improvised Strike missions are incredibly hard, especially until you get Steph. I would focus on doing the Campaign and basic PVP missions instead until you get Steph.

2) If you buy the Steph 8000 gold gems pack, you actually get a ton of fragments, meaning you can level Steph up from basic (10 fragments) to several "Stars" (basically, big levels) which empower her stats and powers. I saved up a lot for it, but I don't know if you have enough time to do it in the time you have remaining. The biggest thing for gold gems is watch the ad videos in the bottom right hand corner (I mute them and do something else while they play) - that's the fastest and easiest way to get gold gems. Make sure you always look at what you click, and if it is asking you to spend gold gems, don't click on it (the big things you can accidentally do this on are the Void Scanner and the "buy energy" prompts when you want to play a combat)

3) Your email should be available in the top left corner (underneath the menu bar) - an envelop icon floating in the air. If you got there, there should be a login rewards email with a button that takes you to the login screen. make sure to collect all three screens of login rewards, as it gives you tons of really valuable material, and over the course of this month, you'll definitely be able to buy Steph.

4) Jace Fox is the PVP character, while Steph is the login and campaign character of the month. They are trying to advertise him and make you want to play PVP to get his fragments in addition to Steph. The plotline of the game is that there's a Blackest Night attack on the universe, and any heroes can be captured by the "Void" and made into zombie versions of themselves, and that is who you are fighting.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

Ok, complicated questions! I'm pretty nooby myself, but I think I can answer some of them.

1) The Improvised Strike missions are incredibly hard, especially until you get Steph. I would focus on doing the Campaign and basic PVP missions instead until you get Steph.
    That is weird, because my impression was that Improvised Strike was the way to GET Steph, assuming you already had enough power to win the battles.

If the intention of the game is to be suggesting this is a good place to USE the Steph character rather than aquire it, it doesn't seem to have done a great job communicating that to me. (I do see what I guess is Steph among the grayed out heroes in Improvised Strike - that is, I thought maybe it's her, but since every face is gray it's hard to tell. I found it curious, but figured you could play the character and earn points to level it up.)

2) If you buy the Steph 8000 gold gems pack, you actually get a ton of fragments, meaning you can level Steph up from basic (10 fragments) to several "Stars" (basically, big levels) which empower her stats and powers. I saved up a lot for it, but I don't know if you have enough time to do it in the time you have remaining.
    With 3 days remaining, and given all I do is lose, not gain, gold gems, and having no proficiency and only rudimentary comprehension, there is no chance.

I can buy 12,000 gems for $49.99.

Or it looks like there is a sale for the next 9 hours - $4.99 gets you 2000 gems and a skin (whatever that is) and 60 hero fragments, which they say is a 5x value. (And I'll take their word for it that their math is right.) But I'd still be 6,000 gems short, and apparently you can only buy this once. I can buy that, and 2,000 gems for $9.99, and 4,600 gems for $19.99 which comes to around $35 total... which would get me the 8K gems. Sheesh.

So you call them gold gems, a reasonable way to refer to them. The game developers have decided English doesn't have enough words, so they have to reuse them, so we have things called essence gems (the gold ones), essence (the green stuff), and legendary essence (I don't know what that is, except that it's important). Not new-user friendly.

The biggest thing for gold gems is watch the ad videos in the bottom right hand corner (I mute them and do something else while they play) - that's the fastest and easiest way to get gold gems.
    I don't have ads anywhere in the app. In my version (iOS) I see videos if I click Shop then Free rewards. The Free Rewards page tends to freeze. But the only one where I can get serious numbers of gold gems is to take these offers for products and surveys from advertisers, who then have to confirm that I fulfilled the terms... That's a non-starter for me. I suppose if someone wanted the gold gems in a few weeks and didn't mind doing this sort of thing with their personal information....

There's always a video to get me the green stuff, and there are several upcoming videos for gold gems - it never says when they will be released. Anyway - these would get me 20 to 80 gold gems each viewing, so assuming they even continue to be available I'd only have to watch 100 to 400 videos to collect 8,000 gems!

Make sure you always look at what you click, and if it is asking you to spend gold gems, don't click on it (the big things you can accidentally do this on are the Void Scanner and the "buy energy" prompts when you want to play a combat)
    Good tips. Yeah, I let it grab stuff in the Void Scan, and haven't spent any gold there. But - even if I did, all it costs is 250. I need 8,000! 250 here or there wouldn't make any real difference.

3) Your email should be available in the top left corner (underneath the menu bar) - an envelop icon floating in the air. If you got there, there should be a login rewards email with a button that takes you to the login screen. make sure to collect all three screens of login rewards, as it gives you tons of really valuable material, and over the course of this month, you'll definitely be able to buy Steph.
    I have seen something like that - I have the gold envelope which takes me to a page with Mail, Newsletters and Social Media tabs, and on the Mail tab I have an item called "September Login Bonuses", I click the "Go Now!" button which opens up a single page called "September sign-in rewards." It has 30 squares, some of which are Steph's head, some are gold or green, or speed force, and a few other things. For days 1 and 2, I only see a checkmark, which suggests that I got those rewards on those days. Nothing else is tappable - so I see the rewards on 3 4 5 and 6, but nothing happens when I tap them. I can understand if I missed 3 and 4 (though I don't think I did miss them), but then neither square 5 nor square 6 is tappable, but right now it is either still Sep 5 in the game, or it is Sep 6 in the game - it has to be ONE of those! I heard in some YouTube video that the day rolls at 6PM Central Time, so maybe it's now Sep 6 and will become Sep 7 at 6PM, but regardless - something should happen if I tap ONE of these.

Sep 5 was a Steph; Sep 6 is/was 30,000 green; Sep 7 will be 500 gold. Apparently it is no longer Sep 5 in the game, so whatever that would have given me, it's too late. 500 gold will not help me much.

The other email in the mailbox is an invitation to Improvised Strike to earn fragments of Steph.

So I don't know what "3" screens of login rewards means. Maybe if one of these days becomes tappable, it will open up to 3 pages of stuff to collect? I'll check periodically today to see if Sep 7 becomes accessible.

4) Jace Fox is the PVP character, while Steph is the login and campaign character of the month. They are trying to advertise him and make you want to play PVP to get his fragments in addition to Steph. The plotline of the game is that there's a Blackest Night attack on the universe, and any heroes can be captured by the "Void" and made into zombie versions of themselves, and that is who you are fighting.
    I thought I was fighting a zombie Jace during Improvised Strike because it was flashing his name at me when one of the zombies was attacking.

I guess the same characters are both heroes and villains - I have a Sinestro on my team, but his name gets used a lot as, apparently, the opposition. That has confused me.

Unless we are talking multiverse versions of characters, it seems a given character ought to be on one side or the other. Otherwise - well, I guess if there are 3 things called Essence, it is just as sensible to have a good and a bad Sinestro, fighting each other.

I can wait and see if I can get the login rewards which, if I understand what I'm looking at, will be available on Sep 10, 15, 20 and 25. Is any one of those enough to get a playable Spoiler? I guess I'll find out.

Thanks for your suggestions! I feel pretty dense about all this and hope you feel the investment of effort on me was worth it .

Incredible Member

make sure to collect all three screens of login rewards
    So I don't know what "3" screens of login rewards means
    Ah - you're referring to the September, Welcome, and 7-Day Streak tabs at the bottom. I'm making progress!

Ah - you're referring to the September, Welcome, and 7-Day Streak tabs at the bottom. I'm making progress!
    You got it!

That is weird, because my impression was that Improvised Strike was the way to GET Steph, assuming you already had enough power to win the battles.

If the intention of the game is to be suggesting this is a good place to USE the Steph character rather than aquire it, it doesn't seem to have done a great job communicating that to me. (I do see what I guess is Steph among the grayed out heroes in Improvised Strike - that is, I thought maybe it's her, but since every face is gray it's hard to tell. I found it curious, but figured you could play the character and earn points to level it up.)

With 3 days remaining, and given all I do is lose, not gain, gold gems, and having no proficiency and only rudimentary comprehension, there is no chance.

I can buy 12,000 gems for $49.99.

Or it looks like there is a sale for the next 9 hours - $4.99 gets you 2000 gems and a skin (whatever that is) and 60 hero fragments, which they say is a 5x value. (And I'll take their word for it that their math is right.) But I'd still be 6,000 gems short, and apparently you can only buy this once. I can buy that, and 2,000 gems for $9.99, and 4,600 gems for $19.99 which comes to around $35 total... which would get me the 8K gems. Sheesh.

So you call them gold gems, a reasonable way to refer to them. The game developers have decided English doesn't have enough words, so they have to reuse them, so we have things called essence gems (the gold ones), essence (the green stuff), and legendary essence (I don't know what that is, except that it's important). Not new-user friendly.

I don't have ads anywhere in the app. In my version (iOS) I see videos if I click Shop then Free rewards. The Free Rewards page tends to freeze. But the only one where I can get serious numbers of gold gems is to take these offers for products and surveys from advertisers, who then have to confirm that I fulfilled the terms... That's a non-starter for me. I suppose if someone wanted the gold gems in a few weeks and didn't mind doing this sort of thing with their personal information....

There's always a video to get me the green stuff, and there are several upcoming videos for gold gems - it never says when they will be released. Anyway - these would get me 20 to 80 gold gems each viewing, so assuming they even continue to be available I'd only have to watch 100 to 400 videos to collect 8,000 gems!

Good tips. Yeah, I let it grab stuff in the Void Scan, and haven't spent any gold there. But - even if I did, all it costs is 250. I need 8,000! 250 here or there wouldn't make any real difference.

I have seen something like that - I have the gold envelope which takes me to a page with Mail, Newsletters and Social Media tabs, and on the Mail tab I have an item called "September Login Bonuses", I click the "Go Now!" button which opens up a single page called "September sign-in rewards." It has 30 squares, some of which are Steph's head, some are gold or green, or speed force, and a few other things. For days 1 and 2, I only see a checkmark, which suggests that I got those rewards on those days. Nothing else is tappable - so I see the rewards on 3 4 5 and 6, but nothing happens when I tap them. I can understand if I missed 3 and 4 (though I don't think I did miss them), but then neither square 5 nor square 6 is tappable, but right now it is either still Sep 5 in the game, or it is Sep 6 in the game - it has to be ONE of those! I heard in some YouTube video that the day rolls at 6PM Central Time, so maybe it's now Sep 6 and will become Sep 7 at 6PM, but regardless - something should happen if I tap ONE of these.

Sep 5 was a Steph; Sep 6 is/was 30,000 green; Sep 7 will be 500 gold. Apparently it is no longer Sep 5 in the game, so whatever that would have given me, it's too late. 500 gold will not help me much.

The other email in the mailbox is an invitation to Improvised Strike to earn fragments of Steph.

So I don't know what "3" screens of login rewards means. Maybe if one of these days becomes tappable, it will open up to 3 pages of stuff to collect? I'll check periodically today to see if Sep 7 becomes accessible.

I thought I was fighting a zombie Jace during Improvised Strike because it was flashing his name at me when one of the zombies was attacking.

I guess the same characters are both heroes and villains - I have a Sinestro on my team, but his name gets used a lot as, apparently, the opposition. That has confused me.

Unless we are talking multiverse versions of characters, it seems a given character ought to be on one side or the other. Otherwise - well, I guess if there are 3 things called Essence, it is just as sensible to have a good and a bad Sinestro, fighting each other.

I can wait and see if I can get the login rewards which, if I understand what I'm looking at, will be available on Sep 10, 15, 20 and 25. Is any one of those enough to get a playable Spoiler? I guess I'll find out.

Thanks for your suggestions! I feel pretty dense about all this and hope you feel the investment of effort on me was worth it .
    Improvised Strike is the way to LEVEL Steph. It's super unclear, yes. They want you to either buy Steph for money, have enough gold gems to buy her right away, or wait for her fragments/shards (I forget what they call her - I've been doing a little reading on Marvel's Strike Force and Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes because they are all the same basic game, but with differences of terminology, so I am a bit jumbled) in the daily login rewards. I do feel like a lot of the stuff can be figured out if you spend a bunch of time messing around with the game, but it's definitely not laid out at all well.

I do not recommend spending money unless it's the end of the month and you still don't have her.

Yes, if you go to the shop, and then click "Free Rewards" you get to the ads page. I have Android, so I don't know if it's buggier in IOS or not, but I've generally not had a problem watching through the videos. I do agree with you - I never do the "give them personal information" offers. Not worth it.

You were fighting zombie (I think Black Lantern, since the storyline is based on Blackest Night) Jace. And I believe the opening storyline says that it's multiversal versions of the characters sometimes, which helps explain why you can have and fight with more than one version of Batman.

You will need 10 Steph fragments/shards to unlock Steph, and I believe the drop on the 10th will unlock her right away. Knowing what I do now about the game, the drops in this daily login system are pretty generous - you should be able to unlock at least two or three star levels with free fragments, which is very nice, making her a much more powerful character pretty quickly.

I hope that my answers are helpful, at least!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The characters are

Bloodsport that I got from the previous Suicide Squad character feature, similar to Spoiler, you got him when login, unlocking or buying.
    King Shark was a reward for PvP arena.
    Chemo, whose shards you can collect by fighting some missions in Campaign Heroic Mode stage 2 and above
    Cheetah, same
    Harley Quinn, same
    Huntress, same
    Cassandra Cain, who was in the store before this Spoiler event began, she was 4.5K gold
    Stargirl, same, she was 7K gold I think.
    Talia al Ghul you can get by chance by purchasing one of the random package in the store, but she's Rare and I never got her.
    BvS Armored Batman, same, but I've gotten his shards before since he's not Rare
    Black Adam, the shards you can get by finishing the PvP tournament, I have some but not all.
    Two-Face and Riddler are currently purchasable with Spoiler with real money in Wiping Out Crime in Shop.
    The rest I don't know yet how to get.

Without paying, you get essence gems (gold) by finishing each of the Daily or Weekly Missions, but they're small amount, yeah

Since we already make an account, by opening the game we automatically logged in.

I forgot about this one, but in some games similar to this, when you first launched the game, you haven't made an account yet. Usually after a tutorial or demo, or even straight from the menu, they asked you to make an account. After that you automatically logged in whenever you enter the game. Some people has multiple accounts, and they asked you when entering which account you want to use. That's where you log in, but if you only have one, then it's automatic.

You can get Steph in Improvised Strike, that's how I got her, but you got to already have a team of the other characters required to play the Challenge.

Since I already unlocked Bloodsport and King Shark from previous event, Chemo, Harley and Cheetah by replaying some Heroic Missions, and collected enough to unlock Spectre from the store, and leveled up some of them, I have enough to breeze through Improvised Strike and unlocked Spoiler and level her up. In other words, the longer you play, the easier it is to get new characters.

Otherwise, it's the daily login, or one of the packs from the Shop that's priced 900 gold or above (The Mini Pack, Hero Pack and Super Pack)

Spoiler is a featured character in that Packs, like Bloodsport, King Shark, The Spectre and Stargirl before her, so she's guaranteed if you buy that. The other items are random but the featured character is guaranteed. I bought these Packs before and always get some shard of Spectre and Stargirl when they're featured.

If you can't get her now, and you're not buying with real money, there's a chance in the future that she will show in the Shop that you can buy her shards using the in-game currency. They're random, so you won't know when she'll gonna show up, but I got a few characters like Suicide Squad Harley and 90s Catwoman (still in the Shop for 650 gold) this way. Provided you have enough of those currencies by playing enough Missions, Challenges or Arena battle.

I think you can get her if you do the logins though. I didn't understand it at the time, but I'm sure I got Bloodsport that way, because one day I logged in and whoa. I got him? Where did he come from? Oh, it's the login.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-07-2021 at 06:24 AM.

Incredible Member

millernumber1 and Restingvoice - thank you, thank you, thank you - incredibly helpful insights and information! This is great. I have to bookmark your posts.

Yesterday I decided to spend a whopping $2.99 on a Batman starter pack and can't even tell what it gave me, but for $2.99 I guess it wouldn't have been much.

I started to get the login rewards, and Steph will be the next one, probably this afternoon!

A lot of missions require PVP, and, assuming that really does mean I'd be playing against real people, I can't imagine how ridiculous an opponent I'd be. So I've avoided that, but it does mean I miss out on what appear to be some essential tasks.

I've leveled up, and added gear to, or increased the stars or ranks or well I dunno! - Phantom Stranger, who is the only one I have who can play in Improvised Strike, but he is still falling short of enough power to beat the game.

There are places where it says I, the player, need to be Level 20, but I haven't been able to find where it tells me what level I am.

Clearly this is intended to be addicting! Every 10 minutes you can get the green stuff.

On another topic, what is the point of everyone wearing masks in the Clocktower if Barbara is just maskless all the time? I'm thinking of the scene in today's Batman #112. Cass must get especially hot. At least Steph can throw her hood off.

millernumber1, I just played the most recent Batman Universe podcast, a really good one this week. That's a lot of books you're covering and will be over the next few months.

millernumber1 and Restingvoice - thank you, thank you, thank you - incredibly helpful insights and information! This is great. I have to bookmark your posts.

Yesterday I decided to spend a whopping $2.99 on a Batman starter pack and can't even tell what it gave me, but for $2.99 I guess it wouldn't have been much.

I started to get the login rewards, and Steph will be the next one, probably this afternoon!

A lot of missions require PVP, and, assuming that really does mean I'd be playing against real people, I can't imagine how ridiculous an opponent I'd be. So I've avoided that, but it does mean I miss out on what appear to be some essential tasks.

I've leveled up, and added gear to, or increased the stars or ranks or well I dunno! - Phantom Stranger, who is the only one I have who can play in Improvised Strike, but he is still falling short of enough power to beat the game.

There are places where it says I, the player, need to be Level 20, but I haven't been able to find where it tells me what level I am.

Clearly this is intended to be addicting! Every 10 minutes you can get the green stuff.

On another topic, what is the point of everyone wearing masks in the Clocktower if Barbara is just maskless all the time? I'm thinking of the scene in today's Batman #112. Cass must get especially hot. At least Steph can throw her hood off.

millernumber1, I just played the most recent Batman Universe podcast, a really good one this week. That's a lot of books you're covering and will be over the next few months.
    I'm assuming that a starter pack would probably give you enough fragments to make a character - were you able to unlock anyone in the Heroes tab?

Hoping you get yourself a Steph nice and soon!

PVP is actually a bit different than direct combat against other people. You will be playing against the teams created and levelled by other people, but the computer controls their actions, meaning they tend to make stupid mistakes. The matchmaking system is also very good, meaning that you generally face teams that you can beat. A good thing to pay attention to is the overall "power" of the team - in the team selection screen, at the top of each team, there should be a number (usually between 1000 and 3000 at the first few levels). If the number over your team spot (usually on the left of the screen) is red, that means you have less power than the opponent's team (this is true of both PVP and Campaign or Challenge or RED Alert or Character combat). If you can't make a team that has more power than the opponent, I personally recommend redoing some earlier, easier combat, as you will get XP to level your character and upgrade your gear.

Regarding upgrading gear - I've discovered that you can click on a piece of gear, then click on the materials needed to upgrade that gear, and then either buy or fight combat that specifically has the chance to drop that material, meaning you can "farm" (play combats which have a better chance of dropping that character or gear material) more efficiently. A very neat trick!

The level should be listed at the top right of the home screen, above the mail icon.

Also, I don't know if you're interested, but I made an Alliance called "r/Batman Friends" if you wish to request to join, I'd be happy to approve membership - no expectations, just a way to sometimes earn more characters if you complete an addition set of missions. You have to click on the floating double head icon on the right side of the home screen, and then type in the exact name of the Alliance.

I think the point of wearing masks is so that the artists can more easily draw the different characters.

Thanks for listening! I'm pretty excited about Fear State, and hope that we get some good Steph content in Batman and Nightwing at least. We just recorded the latest episode last night (doing it early as I'll be on vacation next week, and there's not a whole lot in the first half of the month for the Batman Universe books), and covering Batman 112 was a lot of fun.

Incredible Member

Sasha has posted part two of her video:

Last edited by Top Hat; 09-08-2021 at 09:07 AM.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.com...ly-adventures/

Steph is in promo art for the new Batman webtoon, starting today in half an hour!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.com...ly-adventures/

Steph is in promo art for the new Batman webtoon, starting today in half an hour!
    Always nice to see more Steph! She looks good here .

Astonishing Member

Stephanie will be one of the leads of the new Batgirls comic:

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/15/dc...tgirls-1-2021/

I'm excited and anxious at the same time.

Extraordinary Member

About dang time. Please let this sell well so it keeps going.

Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 09-15-2021 at 06:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member