Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

We have Steph showing up in Batman #116 (Batgirls backup) and Dark Knights of Steel today! Really nice art for both, though Steph naturally had a bit more to do, and more character revealed, in the Batgirls backup. I really love how Corona is drawing her, and I think Conrad and Cloonan are doing a solid job of writing her.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    We have Steph showing up in Batman #116 (Batgirls backup) and Dark Knights of Steel today! Really nice art for both, though Steph naturally had a bit more to do, and more character revealed, in the Batgirls backup. I really love how Corona is drawing her, and I think Conrad and Cloonan are doing a solid job of writing her.
    That's a pretty good endorsement .

Hoping see them some times as citizens in Batgirls comic. I liked the clothes that they used here.
    DC batman Batgirls Stephanie Brown Cassandra Cain.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Hoping see them some times as citizens in Batgirls comic. I liked the clothes that they used here.
    DC batman Batgirls Stephanie Brown Cassandra Cain.jpg
    Civilian clothes .

Barbara's clothes, apparently (hence the Burnside reference). They got them from a bag she left them at the clocktower... which they found just before it went kaboom (as we'd already seen in Nightwing).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Stephanie just made a nice cameo in YJ.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Ahhh.. You were talking about now.

How sad that I left after see that she was not too much relevant.
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-04-2021 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    How bad that later we were not able to enjoy her too much as Spoiler
    My bad! I meant in todays episode.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Stephanie Buscema.

BuscemaBrownBG.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Stephanie Buscema.

BuscemaBrownBG.jpg
    Very cute! Which reminds me, this week's webtoon Wayne Family Adventures had Steph included in a fun family squabble over who got which D list villain (though after the lovely Gotham Nights #12, where Steph fights Baffler, I kind of wish she'd gone for him).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    They also finally mention Cluemaster.

Extraordinary Member

Looking back, her cameo as one of the kids who needed to be rescued in season 2 was pointless and doesn't make any sense in context. She wasn't even a meta-human, which is who the Reach was kidnapping. It has no bearing whatsoever on her later appearances, all the less so if Cluemaster is a thing again and so that's her reason for going into the vigilante business. For all intents and purposes the blonde kidnapping victim from season 2 is a completely different character who never appeared again on Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Looking back, her cameo as one of the kids who needed to be rescued in season 2 was pointless and doesn't make any sense in context. She wasn't even a meta-human, which is who the Reach was kidnapping. It has no bearing whatsoever on her later appearances, all the less so if Cluemaster is a thing again and so that's her reason for going into the vigilante business. For all intents and purposes the blonde kidnapping victim from season 2 is a completely different character who never appeared again on Young Justice.
    I don't know how in-depth this show is with backstories but maybe it all comes together. Not that we might ever see it.

Wasn't the idea she was a teenage runaway that got picked up by The Reach to be experimented on?

Incredible Member

Corona's art in the Batgirls backup is a thing. It's own thing. There's storytelling, and then there's -- this. Is this good storytelling?

It's decent work in a kind of pop art style, and one thing it does is draw attention to itself. You can't be simply neutral about this art, can you?

I'm really disappointed this is the direction DC chose for this book. It's not just hard to read - if you want to really follow the details, you have to learn how to interpret blobs and splotches, and have to learn to recognize Cass's insane cape - but also, I worry about failure in the marketplace followed by another decade without a Batgirls feature. I think DC has made a huge gamble.

But maybe some people are MORE interested in reading this, because of the artwork?

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Corona's art in the Batgirls backup is a thing. It's own thing. There's storytelling, and then there's -- this. Is this good storytelling?

It's decent work in a kind of pop art style, and one thing it does is draw attention to itself. You can't be simply neutral about this art, can you?

I'm really disappointed this is the direction DC chose for this book. It's not just hard to read - if you want to really follow the details, you have to learn how to interpret blobs and splotches, and have to learn to recognize Cass's insane cape - but also, I worry about failure in the marketplace followed by another decade without a Batgirls feature. I think DC has made a huge gamble.

But maybe some people are MORE interested in reading this, because of the artwork?
    I am actually pretty happy about Corona's art - I've really liked his stuff since he did We Are Robin. I am definitely getting a lot of pushback from some people who really dislike it, so I think you might be right that he's polarizing, which is a bit disappointing.