Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Yeah I'm in the camp that doesn't like it. But it's not so bad that I won't tolerate it for the sake of a Steph and Cass book.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Steph gets some very interesting, and in my reading, difficult, stuff to deal with in today's issue of Robins on DCUI. Still really enjoying the series, but I really hope that there's some development there - Steph's got a really difficult spot right now.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

That series has an oddity with Steph's costume. She has the full hood and mask with her hair hidden, yet she has the bat symbol on the costume as well. But if they added the emblem, then the mask should only cover the lower half of her face, leaving her eyes and hair exposed. I bet it was originally drawn as her previous costume, and they altered it to match the current, even though Jason's and Damian's costumes are outdated as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That series has an oddity with Steph's costume. She has the full hood and mask with her hair hidden, yet she has the bat symbol on the costume as well. But if they added the emblem, then the mask should only cover the lower half of her face, leaving her eyes and hair exposed. I bet it was originally drawn as her previous costume, and they altered it to match the current, even though Jason's and Damian's costumes are outdated as well.
    I mean, the full face mask comes and goes - since she added it in Tec, it's been part of her uniform on and off. Much to Frontier's dismay when it's not present
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I mean, the full face mask comes and goes - since she added it in Tec, it's been part of her uniform on and off. Much to Frontier's dismay when it's not present
    I still get a kick out of seeing it .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still get a kick out of seeing it .
    I like all of Steph's costumes. I just know that every time it shows up, there you are as well

I like the SPOILERMOBILE. Steph is right about Poison Ivy.

Puberty is affecting Damian

Attachment 115395
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-10-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Steph gets some very interesting, and in my reading, difficult, stuff to deal with in today's issue of Robins on DCUI. Still really enjoying the series, but I really hope that there's some development there - Steph's got a really difficult spot right now.
    I'm not a fan of how she was the only "Fail" when Jason and Damian's little flashbacks were MUCH worse than hers.

Aside from that....this book is "meh" so far. I cut the first one some slack but this one just doesn't feel right to me.

YEAH. POOR STEPH

WOW. It surprised me be able to see her eyes in her spoiler costume

ROBINS Stephanie Brown Spoiler batgirl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I like the SPOILERMOBILE. Steph is right about Poison Ivy.

Puberty is affecting Damian

Attachment 115395
    "At least she doesn't show her whole ass."

Has Steph not seen Ivy as drawn by Jim Lee or Guillem March?
    YEAH. POOR STEPH

I guess this is like when you close-up on a domino mask and see the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm not a fan of how she was the only "Fail" when Jason and Damian's little flashbacks were MUCH worse than hers.

Aside from that....this book is "meh" so far. I cut the first one some slack but this one just doesn't feel right to me.
    That was difficult for me. I mean, obviously, Batman did say she "failed" - you can't change the War Games story from that (even though they did retcon a large chunk of War Crimes out of existence pretty quickly) - I just hope we get some kind of acknowledgement that he was at least partly wrong.

I am really liking all of the character interactions, though.

YEAH. POOR STEPH

That was a very interesting little detail!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "At least she doesn't show her whole ass."

Has Steph not seen Ivy as drawn by Jim Lee or Guillem March?
    MAYBE. Or the writer prefered not say that Poison Ivy can be even worst than that.

MAYBE. Or the writer prefered not say that Poison Ivy can be even worst than that.
    Maybe Steph's full face mask has PG-13 programming? So she didn't see zero clothing Ivy in Heroes in Crisis? (She was in that comic, at least in the interviews, so there's a chance that she might have seen SOMETHING)

Maybe Steph's full face mask has PG-13 programming? So she didn't see zero clothing Ivy in Heroes in Crisis? (She was in that comic, at least in the interviews, so there's a chance that she might have seen SOMETHING)
    Steph's had so little experience with Ivy that she's not as aware of her periods where she's practically naked or wore tight leotards .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Spoiler shoulder belt is also visible in some panels - something she doesn't actually still use as Batgirl. I speculate that it's easier to add the Bat symbol as an after-thought than redraw a face or remove that part of the suit.

She's only called Spoiler in this story, right? Or so far, at least. But that name doesn't define her status. In current continuity she's a Batgirl named Spoiler, rather than the garden variety vigilante named Spoiler before her "promotion."