Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Lightbulb Ms. Marvel or Marvel Girl

If the actor Mahershala Ali can go from Cottonmouth to Blade, than it stands to reason that
    the actress Deborah Ann Woll can go from Karen Page to either Ms. Marvel
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    or Marvel Girl

in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    If the actor Mahershala Ali can go from Cottonmouth to Blade, than it stands to reason that
    the actress Deborah Ann Woll can go from Karen Page to either Ms. Marvel

or Marvel Girl

in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    I say BOTH!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

On casting Ms Marvel in the MCU...
    Since Sharon Ventura comes from the world of wrestling, its a chance to actually cast a different body type and go with someone with legit credibility as such. And statuesque to the Nth degree to boot...
    Pro-wrestler actress Lindsay Kay Hayward 6'8½

or go more traditional Hollywood with Ireland Baldwin 6'2 (she MUST have inherited some acting genes from her parents...right???
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

BANNED

The Forgotten Ms. Marvel from the world of wrestling and with a different body type is to become the all-new BODYGUARD of the Power Broker in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

BANNED

A chance to introduce The Forgotten Ms. Marvel?

The Marvels

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I say BOTH!
    Might be possible with the mcu movie titled "The Marvels".

BANNED

Fantastic Four #340 May 1990
    "Double Trouble"
    The Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Thor and Gladiator are attempting to destroy the massive weapon
    using Galactus to consume the universe in an effort to remove the Time Bubble threatening the future.
    Just as they are about to drop a payload of Shi'ar weapons on the
    massive construct, the Black Celestial appears before them.
    The Black Celestial then uses its power to teleport the weapons into the massive
    black hole feeding Galactus, destroying their efforts to stop the destruction.

Just then Gladiator's weapon ship appears before them and the Fantastic Four race to its location.
    They rush inside and tell Gladiator what happened.
    Before the Black Celestial can turn its attentions to this new arrival,
    they activate the warp drive and flee. As they teleport away, Gladiator tells them
    that he was delayed because his ship was damaged and he had to make repairs.

Hiding behind the Earth's moon, the group compares notes and Iron Man recalls how
    in their own time the Black Celestial was buried in the Diablo Mountain range of California.
    With Thor staying behind to help Gladiator complete repairs, the rest of the group
    decides to investigate the Black Celestial's domain and are teleported down to Earth.
    There Iron Man blasts their way into the Celestial facility where
    they begin to search for clues on how to solve the current crisis.
    Upon their arrival an army of Deviants begin to materialize out of the walls and attack.
    During the fight, Ms. Marvel tries to defend Ben who is without powers, but he is far from helpless
    having brought weapons to defend himself with. With the number of their enemies growing,

Ms. Marvel caves in part of the tunnel separating them from their attackers so they can continue their search.

Finding a massive computer, Reed has Sue use her powers to break the main circuit link
    so they can access the data banks and learn what they can about the Black Celestial.
    When Reed taps into the the databanks of the Deviants who are still monitoring the situation
    Reed manages to trick them into revealing all:
    They explain how the Black Celestial used to rule over all the Celestials.
    However this all ended during the First Host of the Celestials on Earth.
    At some point, the Black Celestial committed some unknown transgression of Celestial law
    and was banished to eternal slumber beneath the Earth.
    However the Black Celestial was far from harmless,
    it called out to its creations -- the Deviants -- compelling them
    to provide it with the energies it needed to someday awaken.

Story and Art by Walter Simonson.

BANNED

Given that in the 616 Marvel Universe, the Black Celestial is the creator of the Deviant race, it might also be so in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She’ll never be THE Ms Marvel again.

They may as well revamp her and her powers.
    I agree, Sharon can probably permanently close the door on being called Ms. Marvel ever again. Is anyone using the name Ultra Woman? Or maybe just call her Ventura, if her identity isn't really all that secret.

As for her being She-Thing, yeah, they need to drop that, if they already haven't. It's disturbing to have so many women who are really just female versions of male characters. I get that it might work from a sales/marketing standpoint, but Sharon could be so much more than that.

As for her powers, the same applies.

Cosmic rays can be the catalyst for any number of mutations. Maybe the rocklike outer shell is just the first stage of a much grander evolution? Maybe her real power is the ability to change into any element that she wants? If it's an element found anywhere on the Earth, or at least on the Periodic Table, she can change into it and gain varying attributes as a result. Maybe the only reason why she mimicked the Thing's rocklike hide is because he was the focus of her thoughts and affections? But had Ben not been around, Ventura probably would have learned early on how to transmute/transfer the molecules of her form into other elemental states.

Or something like that. Possibilities are endless.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

What about her transformation into Ms. Thing? I guess in hindsight that was rather progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    On casting Ms Marvel in the MCU...
    Since Sharon Ventura comes from the world of wrestling, its a chance to actually cast a different body type and go with someone with legit credibility as such. And statuesque to the Nth degree to boot...
    Pro-wrestler actress Lindsay Kay Hayward 6'8½

or go more traditional Hollywood with Ireland Baldwin 6'2 (she MUST have inherited some acting genes from her parents...right???
    Hmmm... but she doesnt have light red hair or strawberry blond hair. But with some hair coloring maybe... hmmmm.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 09-10-2021 at 10:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I really think the 80s the MU was the decade of orange heads like Sharon, Spider-Woman II and Titania.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I agree, Sharon can probably permanently close the door on being called Ms. Marvel ever again. Is anyone using the name Ultra Woman? Or maybe just call her Ventura, if her identity isn't really all that secret.

As for her being She-Thing, yeah, they need to drop that, if they already haven't. It's disturbing to have so many women who are really just female versions of male characters. I get that it might work from a sales/marketing standpoint, but Sharon could be so much more than that.

As for her powers, the same applies.

Cosmic rays can be the catalyst for any number of mutations. Maybe the rocklike outer shell is just the first stage of a much grander evolution? Maybe her real power is the ability to change into any element that she wants? If it's an element found anywhere on the Earth, or at least on the Periodic Table, she can change into it and gain varying attributes as a result. Maybe the only reason why she mimicked the Thing's rocklike hide is because he was the focus of her thoughts and affections? But had Ben not been around, Ventura probably would have learned early on how to transmute/transfer the molecules of her form into other elemental states.

Or something like that. Possibilities are endless.
    Great explanation, and I agree with your idea!
    In the past, Shary has shown she can be quite brilliant.
    Maybe not Reed-level, but she's proven she's more than capable of handling a tough situation (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I really think the 80s the MU was the decade of orange heads like Sharon, Spider-Woman II and Titania.
    Don't forget Crys, who started the whole craze (LOL):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Great explanation, and I agree with your idea!
    In the past, Shary has shown she can be quite brilliant.
    Maybe not Reed-level, but she's proven she's more than capable of handling a tough situation (IMHO):

Don't forget Crys, who started the whole craze (LOL):

You know I love me some CRYSTAL! She is the Exquisite Elemental.

I agree Sharry needs a major revamp in looks, costume, name and powers. Just not sure yet what they should be.......

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

BANNED

The People's Princess was not well received in live action in the previous decade I'd like the actress Isabelle Cornesh to portray Crystalia Amaquelin again BUT this time in the MCU fighting super-villains.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The People's Princess was not well received in live action in the previous decade I'd like the actress Isabelle Cornesh to portray Crystalia Amaquelin again BUT this time in the MCU fighting super-villains.
    Yes and with all of the vivaciousness of the above pics of Crystal!