Page 295 of 719 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I guess we'll see how Duggan does.
    How did people like the way that Duggan wrote Jean in this one? I thought it was nice that he gave her a bit of playfulness and personality in her dialogue.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Rosenhart View Post
    Actually, Emma has reached across the planet with ease several times in the past with no help or strain. I think she would be totally fine projecting to mars, but it would just take more effort. We know she's capable of reaching off planet for sure, since she can reach across the entire planet with not even a hint of strain. She is supposed to be equal to Xavier after all. The only one she really is behind in terms of power is Jean, and potentially Quentin but he hasn't developed his skills enough yet.
    Like I said, it really depends on the writer, but reaching across the planet is really nothing compared to the distance from Earth to Mars.

Distance from Mars to Earth: 353,18 million km
    Earth's circumference: 40,075 km

In fact, if they had checked, no one should be able to do it.

Distance from Earth to the Sun: 151,98 million km

My guess would be it probably took both Jean and Quentin to connect to Emma.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-16-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No, emma cannot connect to mars, nor even across the entire planet Earth. Even Charles could not. But Jean could and did.

What we saw here was an Omega TP Jean feat. And the TK was very impressive---and what I---would expect from Jean.
    Um, I kinda disagree there because Emma has connected across the entire planet before. Without any strain. Uncanny X-men 500, for example shows her do it. She has mind controlled people in Japan while in the Xavier Institute as well. I don't think planet wide telepathy is an omega feat, because telepaths have reached across the planet before. Emma has done it a few times actually. Rachel has too, if I recall correctly. The thing with Jean is that she can communicate anywhere. Look at X of Swords. Jean connected with a different dimension in that storyline. That's the big difference. No one but an omega telepath could do that. Even Quentin would not be able to do that, because he is still young and inexperienced in comparison to Jean. But planet wide? Yeah, Emma, Xavier, and Rachel can do that. Emma and Rachel, at least, have reached across the planet multiple times and have never showed any sign of strain when doing so. I think Emma could connect to Mars by really pushing her powers, at least from what she's shown in the past, but I guess it depends on the writer really.

The way I see it, despite the writers calling Jean a powerhouse who uses her telepathy like a sledgehammer, and calling Emma an extremely precise telepath with the skill of a surgeon wielding a scalpel, in the end, both telepaths have both power and skill. Jean has more power than Emma. Everyone knows that. But there are very few other telepaths that can beat Emma in power. Same thing but the opposite with Jean. Emma may have more precision/finesse than Jean, but that does not mean that Jean doesn't have much finesse. Jean has an extreme amount of power and a high amount of finesse. Emma has a high amount of power and an extreme amount of finesse. They're opposites, but both are great in both areas when compared to telepaths other than each other.

Um, I kinda disagree there because Emma has connected across the entire planet before. Without any strain. Uncanny X-men 500, for example shows her do it. She has mind controlled people in Japan while in the Xavier Institute as well. I don't think planet wide telepathy is an omega feat, because telepaths have reached across the planet before. Emma has done it a few times actually. Rachel has too, if I recall correctly. The thing with Jean is that she can communicate anywhere. Look at X of Swords. Jean connected with a different dimension in that storyline. That's the big difference. No one but an omega telepath could do that. Even Quentin would not be able to do that, because he is still young and inexperienced in comparison to Jean. But planet wide? Yeah, Emma, Xavier, and Rachel can do that. Emma and Rachel, at least, have reached across the planet multiple times and have never showed any sign of strain when doing so. I think Emma could connect to Mars by really pushing her powers, at least from what she's shown in the past, but I guess it depends on the writer really.

The way I see it, despite the writers calling Jean a powerhouse who uses her telepathy like a sledgehammer, and calling Emma an extremely precise telepath with the skill of a surgeon wielding a scalpel, in the end, both telepaths have both power and skill. Jean has more power than Emma. Everyone knows that. But there are very few other telepaths that can beat Emma in power. Same thing but the opposite with Jean. Emma may have more precision/finesse than Jean, but that does not mean that Jean doesn't have much finesse. Jean has an extreme amount of power and a high amount of finesse. Emma has a high amount of power and an extreme amount of finesse. They're opposites, but both are great in both areas when compared to telepaths other than each other.
    Emma is good, but she isn't powerful so Mars is out of reach for her

I think Emma could do it, but that's because an omega telepath like Jean can literally reach across a dimension. Like she did in X of Swords. Emma is supposed to be an alpha level telepath and not many other than Jean have more power than her, so I think she could reach Mars with a lot of effort, but I say that because Jean when using a lot of effort can reach into an entirely different dimension, and that is something that non-omega telepaths can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Like I said, it really depends on the writer, but reaching across the planet is really nothing compared to the distance from Earth to Mars.

Distance from Mars to Earth: 353,18 million km
    Earth's circumference: 40,075 km

In fact, if they had checked, no one should be able to do it.

Distance from Earth to the Sun: 151,98 million km

My guess would be it probably took both Jean and Quentin to connect to Emma.
    That is impossible for Emma, she doesn't even manages earth

Writers ignore the distance or thought it was closer. It's completely out of scale this distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Emma is good, but she isn't powerful so Mars is out of reach for her
    We don't really know that though, because we have never seen her upper limit. All we know is she doesn't have the pure power to match Jean. But we don't know how much lower in terms of power she actually is. We don't know what her limit is. We have never seen it, at least in terms of range. We've just seen her do planetary things casually. So we know Jean can reach into another dimension when she tries. Given that, I don't see why an alpha level telepath would not be able to reach a planet over if an omega can reach into an entirely different dimension. But hey, it all depends on the writer and there's too many variables and unknowns to say for sure.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

I think Emma could do it, but that's because an omega telepath like Jean can literally reach across a dimension. Like she did in X of Swords. Emma is supposed to be an alpha level telepath and not many other than Jean have more power than her, so I think she could reach Mars with a lot of effort, but I say that because Jean when using a lot of effort can reach into an entirely different dimension, and that is something that non-omega telepaths can't do.
    Please, have a look at the distances I posted. Jean strained from the Sun to Earth. She probably didn't reach from Mars to Earth on her own.

X of Swords had Nathan contacting Jean. They're mother and son in a moment of "great despair". Some writers take those deep bonds of affection and extreme circumstances into consideration.

We don't really know that though, because we have never seen her upper limit. All we know is she doesn't have the pure power to match Jean. But we don't know how much lower in terms of power she actually is. We don't know what her limit is. We have never seen it, at least in terms of range. We've just seen her do planetary things casually. So we know Jean can reach into another dimension when she tries. Given that, I don't see why an alpha level telepath would not be able to reach a planet over if an omega can reach into an entirely different dimension. But hey, it all depends on the writer and there's too many variables and unknowns to say for sure.
    We alredy saw her upper limit, she isn't powerful.

Also this thread is about Jean not Emma

That is impossible for Emma, she doesn't even manages earth

Writers ignore the distance or thought it was closer. It's completely out of scale this distance.
    She has managed Earth a few times actually. I don't think this was out of scale. She used her telepathy on a planetary scale in Uncanny X-men 500 with no help and not an ounce of strain or struggle. Same thing when she helped Wolverine in Japan while in the Xavier Institute. And again when she mind wiped the entire world of mutant existance, but that time she used a device to help her because a mind wipe on a planetary scale is much more difficult than regular communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Please, have a look at the distances I posted. Jean strained from the Sun to Earth. She probably didn't reach from Mars to Earth on her own.

X of Swords had Nathan contacting Jean. They're mother and son in a moment of "great despair". Some writers take those deep bonds of affection and extreme circumstances into consideration.
    To be fair to Jean, she was injured in HoX and dealing with the trauma of her team dying around her. I dont think it would have been as strainful on her under normal conditions. Monet may have assisted in initiating the connection, the fact that she was able to maintain it after she left, meant that she didnt really need her

We alredy saw her upper limit, she isn't powerful.

Also this thread is about Jean not Emma
    Oh, I know this is about Jean, but Emma was brought up so I just wanted to chime in on that. I wasn't the one who brought up Emma's connecting people to Mars on this thread first. Also, we have not seen Emma's upper limit in terms of range... Anyway, let's just get back to talking about Jean, who pulled off a great idea and data transfer with Quentin into Monarch's mind btw.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Her interaction with Quentin is really cool, I would like more development

Attachment 110573
    Now also available in avatar form in a post near you
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

She has managed Earth a few times actually. I don't think this was out of scale. She used her telepathy on a planetary scale in Uncanny X-men 500 with no help and not an ounce of strain or struggle. Same thing when she helped Wolverine in Japan while in the Xavier Institute. And again when she mind wiped the entire world of mutant existance, but that time she used a device to help her because a mind wipe on a planetary scale is much more difficult than regular communication.
    If she used cerebro is because she isn't powerful. I bet that uncanny 500 was written by Fraction that swoe she was a omega telepath LOL
    She needed the cuckoos to deliver a planetary message.

I end this conversation now, this thread about Jean not Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To be fair to Jean, she was injured in HoX and dealing with the trauma of her team dying around her. I dont think it would have been as strainful on her under normal conditions. Monet may have assisted in initiating the connection, the fact that she was able to maintain it after she left, meant that she didnt really need her
    I totally agree. That's why I'm saying that Jean was only struggling on the Moon because of the circumstances. When she is not under those cirucmstance, we literally watched her reach into Otherworld with her mind while on Krakoa. That's a whole different dimension away.