Page 298 of 719 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348398 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    The Orchis thing with Jean wasn't Jean communication keep in mind...Jean was also streaming in real-time the memories of the whole team so succeed or fail, Krakoa would have the most up to date info on the mission as possible

Also keep in mind this was instantaneous communication...faster than light...as the radio and other communications Beast and Trinary were using to make "best guess" forecasts, were on about an 8 minute delay
    No she wasnt. It was pure communication. Xavier learned what was happening bc she was telling him. He had no access to the other team member's minds

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Of course someone will deny this even though the artist has come out and clarified it
    So True. Also how could they not understand the panels for what they show?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Pepe is my religion hahahahahaha

Attachment 110580
    What a non answer.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Lololololololollollolololl
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I don't get it , BOTH is a non answer it mean both takes are truth. Unless there is ore images that aren't loading to me

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I don't get it , BOTH is a non answer it mean both takes are truth. Unless there is ore images that aren't loading to me
    Its exactly what the panels showed. Jean threw it up and Magneto took it when it was hurling in space. It was a team effort

Not a satisfatory answer, he take it while it wasn't on orbit, there isn't pink energy. Now i get what he said and I didn't change my idea

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

The Orchis thing with Jean wasn't Jean communication keep in mind...Jean was also streaming in real-time the memories of the whole team so succeed or fail, Krakoa would have the most up to date info on the mission as possible

Also keep in mind this was instantaneous communication...faster than light...as the radio and other communications Beast and Trinary were using to make "best guess" forecasts, were on about an 8 minute delay
    And that's why super long-distance telepathy is an awesome power to have at your disposal.

--

Let me correct something, guys: the number I used of the distance between the Earth and Mars is the current distance. But you know, the planets move on their own orbits and therefore they don't keep the same distance at all times. At close approach, the distance can be of 54,6 million kilometers. And that Jean would be able to breach on her own (maybe Quentin too). We just don't know the position of the planets at that moment of the story.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-16-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its exactly what the panels showed. Jean threw it up and Magneto took it when it was hurling in space. It was a team effort
    Exactly. Jean threw the station out of the planet while she could. She wasn't flying it up to place it carefully at the right distance.

She would have to be super precise to throw it in a way that it would slow down and park just at that sweet spot. Too strong and the planet would slingshot the station out of orbit. Too weak and the planet would slowly suck the station back to it.

So Magneto caught the station, pulled it further out or slowed it down (whatever was the case) and positioned it at the right distance.

It was exactly that: a team effort.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-16-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Not a satisfatory answer, he take it while it wasn't on orbit, there isn't pink energy. Now i get what he said and I didn't change my idea
    To you. You're the only one that has an issue with it. There was no pink energy bc Jean no longer controlled it when it was in space. When you throw something, you are no longer holding it. She didnt hand it off to him; she threw it and he caught it

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Exactly. Jean threw the station out of the planet while she could. She wasn't flying it up to place it carefully at the right distance.

She would have to be super precise to throw it in a way that it would slow down and park just at that sweet spot. Too strong and the planet would slingshot the station out of orbit. Too weak and the planet would slowly suck the station back to it.

So Magneto caught the station, pulled it further out or slowed it down (whatever was the case) and positioned it at the right distance.

It was exactly that: a team effort.
    Yep, exactly

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    About Emma: she's an extraordinarily powerful telepath, no discussion. But I'm not sure if any non-omega telepath has range to reach another planet. Not even with Cerebro. But yeah... we just don't know. This kind of stuff depends on who is writing.

About tk: it's really impressive, especially if you take the scale of the characters and the size of the object into consideration. It's just not as impressive as it if was on Earth. I thought I should point out just for the sake of future comparisons we might want to make when considering other of her tk's feats.

Personally, I'd be happier if her tk was also omega-level. But I can live with strong tk like that very happily.
    Professor Xavier used Cerebro in this very issue to communicate with Storm from Earth to Mars. Specifically, he and Emma were on Mykines, Storm called out to him and he telepathically connects to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No, emma cannot connect to mars, nor even across the entire planet Earth. Even Charles could not. But Jean could and did.

What we saw here was an Omega TP Jean feat. And the TK was very impressive---and what I---would expect from Jean.
    Emma has multiple planetary level feats she's sent a message to every mutant left in the world when the mutant population was 198. She has also casually communicated from space to Scott on Earth back in UXM under Fraction.

Charles is an entirely different animal Charles has connected to the heart of the universe unaided, faced the mind stone unaided, scanned the planet Earth multiple times unaided, scanned several alien worlds unaided, he's downloaded billions of minds on a planetary level several times unaided, faced off with Ego in a telepathic battle on a planetary level. Charles Xavier is a beast Jean is the only other telepathically who consistently matches Charles in both power and skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Rosenhart View Post
    Um, I kinda disagree there because Emma has connected across the entire planet before. Without any strain. Uncanny X-men 500, for example shows her do it. She has mind controlled people in Japan while in the Xavier Institute as well. I don't think planet wide telepathy is an omega feat, because telepaths have reached across the planet before. Emma has done it a few times actually. Rachel has too, if I recall correctly. The thing with Jean is that she can communicate anywhere. Look at X of Swords. Jean connected with a different dimension in that storyline. That's the big difference. No one but an omega telepath could do that. Even Quentin would not be able to do that, because he is still young and inexperienced in comparison to Jean. But planet wide? Yeah, Emma, Xavier, and Rachel can do that. Emma and Rachel, at least, have reached across the planet multiple times and have never showed any sign of strain when doing so. I think Emma could connect to Mars by really pushing her powers, at least from what she's shown in the past, but I guess it depends on the writer really.

The way I see it, despite the writers calling Jean a powerhouse who uses her telepathy like a sledgehammer, and calling Emma an extremely precise telepath with the skill of a surgeon wielding a scalpel, in the end, both telepaths have both power and skill. Jean has more power than Emma. Everyone knows that. But there are very few other telepaths that can beat Emma in power. Same thing but the opposite with Jean. Emma may have more precision/finesse than Jean, but that does not mean that Jean doesn't have much finesse. Jean has an extreme amount of power and a high amount of finesse. Emma has a high amount of power and an extreme amount of finesse. They're opposites, but both are great in both areas when compared to telepaths other than each other.

This is factually incorrect there is literally nothing Emma has done telepathically that Jean has not replicated at one point or another based solely on skill or finesse.

There are however several things Jean has done which Emma has not replicated. That's not a slight against Emma, behind Charles and Jean, Emma is the greatest telepath on Earth imo but she has not demonstrated more skill or finesse than Jean at any point and it's a narrative some fans of Emma have run with.

Jean was absolutely communicating, the issue states exactly what she's doing opening communication with Xavier while linking herself to the entire team then reporting this information through their connection.

This is stated many times from several sources Monet, Jean, Cyclops, and Charles. Charles created a mutant circuit using the Cuckoos, and Storm to visualize what Jean was transmitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Professor Xavier used Cerebro in this very issue to communicate with Storm from Earth to Mars. Specifically, he and Emma were on Mykines, Storm called out to him and he telepathically connects to her.

Emma has multiple planetary level feats she's sent a message to every mutant left in the world when the mutant population was 198. She has also casually communicated from space to Scott on Earth back in UXM under Fraction.

Charles is an entirely different animal Charles has connected to the heart of the universe unaided, faced the mind stone unaided, scanned the planet Earth multiple times unaided, scanned several alien worlds unaided, he's downloaded billions of minds on a planetary level several times unaided, faced off with Ego in a telepathic battle on a planetary level. Charles Xavier is a beast Jean is the only other telepathically who consistently matches Charles in both power and skill.

This is factually incorrect there is literally nothing Emma has done telepathically that Jean has not replicated at one point or another based solely on skill or finesse.

There are however several things Jean has done which Emma has not replicated. That's not a slight against Emma, behind Charles and Jean, Emma is the greatest telepath on Earth imo but she has not demonstrated more skill or finesse than Jean at any point and it's a narrative some fans of Emma have run with.

Jean was absolutely communicating, the issue states exactly what she's doing opening communication with Xavier while linking herself to the entire team then reporting this information through their connection.

This is stated many times from several sources Monet, Jean, Cyclops, and Charles. Charles created a mutant circuit using the Cuckoos, and Storm to visualize what Jean was transmitting.
    That was a typo(I clearly know Jean was communicating, as I mention that it was even faster than electromagnetic based communication technology)

The second "Jean" in the first sentence was supposed to be "just", as in,, she wasn't "just communicating"(but also transmitting)...but regardless I was wrong about Jean transmitting their memories to Xavier/Cerebro (forgot about the follow up with X/Mags/Raven where they confirm they were out of Cerebro's range and were restored for a previous backup, so they needed her to go through the gate to see if she planted the one on Orchis)

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    That's true. But there were two Omegal-Level telepaths there. Maybe they were actually keeping the channels open. I'm not saying it's the case. It could be really just Charles "listening" in.

EDIT: Again, it really depends on the writers at the time. I was trying to imagine what would be expected for the current era. But we cannot know for sure until they actually say it on panel...
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-16-2021 at 11:09 PM.

sometimes I really do not understand you Jean Grey fan-people. Jean Grey just has been crucial part in the bloody process of terraforming A PLANET!!!! And you are not satisfied yet?!?!?!?! WTF?

lol I like my Jean Grey uberpowerful like most here, but this is definitely a power feat. that is more than satisfying for me.

Jean Grey is now one of the mothers of planets!!!! Rejoice!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    sometimes I really do not understand you Jean Grey fan-people. Jean Grey just has been crucial part in the bloody process of terraforming A PLANET!!!! And you are not satisfied yet?!?!?!?! WTF?

lol I like my Jean Grey uberpowerful like most here, but this is definitely a power feat. that is more than satisfying for me.

Jean Grey is now one of the mothers of planets!!!! Rejoice!!!!!
    I don't know about other social media sites but, being fair, I think that in this thread there were only two posters who were not impressed with her feats of both tp and tk. You'll rarely find 100% of agreement in a group.