Page 543 of 719 FirstFirst ... 43443493533539540541542543544545546547553593643 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,145 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post

And in reference to when Jean had an outburst against her teammates, Xavier scolds her about unleashing her tk in a violent way. This is why he says so,

Thank you for these! Per usual, you always come through. Months ago, I couldn't find any references to her being an Omega Level telekinetic when I needed them most. These will certainly come in handy in debates about her telekinesis. By the way, do you have any older references in which she is referred to as an Omega Level telekinetic?

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

On the top of my head, Jean Grey, issue #3:

- Teen Jean: "Hey! This princess is an omega-level telekinetic. Okay?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    On the top of my head, Jean Grey, issue #3:

- Teen Jean: "Hey! This princess is an omega-level telekinetic. Okay?!"
    Do you know of any references prior to Morrison's run? I already have older ones referring to her as an Omega Level telepath, but not telekinetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Do you know of any references prior to Morrison's run? I already have older ones referring to her as an Omega Level telepath, but not telekinetic.
    Before the movies (the first released in 2000) people weren't obsessed about the term. I think it was rarely used. So I don't remember any particular instance. There are several mentions about her tk power, though, but they don't use the "omega level" quantifier.

If I ever come across it, though, I'll let you know.

Before the movies (the first released in 2000) people weren't obsessed about the term. I think it was rarely used. So I don't remember any particular instance. There are several mentions about her tk power, though, but they don't use the "omega level" quantifier.

If I ever come across it, though, I'll let you know.
    Thank you! I already tweeted out the references PyroFN shared 😂

They used to simply state Jean was an Omega Level Mutant, implying all of Jean's powers are at Omega Level.

Also, in the X-Men Movies, they called Jean "The only class 5 mutant!" Even old Mags was only a "4".
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Thank you! I already tweeted out the references PyroFN shared 😂
    The one I mentioned is yet another instance. It's from the issue where she's bugging Namor.

Honestly, though, you guys get so excited about some of the stuff she's doing nowadays. She did some pretty badass dual-feats in the 90s too but that was before the internet was so accessible and fans so invested into proving their character is the "bestest" there is. :D

BANNED

TK was actually her "good" power, really. Xavier was always the bigger TP, tbh. Edit: Well, I guess Jean kinda took over as the more powerful TP in the Morrison run too.

She had "telekinetic goodhood" in her blood, per Evil Beast in the Morrison run, if I am remembering that correctly.

I am going off of what has been said and shown. I am not saying that they have gone and retconned the pink form away, it's just a matter of functionally, according to the person in charge of the books, she doesn't do that anymore.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 09-25-2021 at 12:23 PM.

In my headcannon, she doesn't do the pink form because she's not comfortable syphoning psychic energy.

Works for me, guys.

Extraordinary Member

In my headcannon, she doesn't do the pink form because she's not comfortable syphoning psychic energy.

Works for me, guys.
    We all gotta make headcannon where our favs don't use powers they have or no explained or hinted at reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    We all gotta make headcannon where our favs don't use powers they have or no explained or hinted at reason...
    Exactly. That one makes some sense to me. At least it makes more sense than remembering how to do it and choosing not to. *shurg*

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    TK was actually her "good" power, really. Xavier was always the bigger TP, tbh. Edit: Well, I guess Jean kinda took over as the more powerful TP in the Morrison run too.

She had "telekinetic goodhood" in her blood, per Evil Beast in the Morrison run, if I am remembering that correctly.

I am going off of what has been said and shown. I am not saying that they have gone and retconned the pink form away, it's just a matter of functionally, according to the person in charge of the books, she doesn't do that anymore.
    Her telepathy is what awakened first and even caught the Phoenix's attention. For quite a while the idea has been that she's the a super powerful telepath and just didn't have it at first because Xavier had to suppress it. So TK was her main power at first but not necessarily "better" than TP.

Not saying she shouldn't be omega at both though. But if I had to choose, being the omega TP against Xavier and Emma is a bigger flex than being a better TK against Exodus.

The one I mentioned is yet another instance. It's from the issue where she's bugging Namor.

Honestly, though, you guys get so excited about some of the stuff she's doing nowadays. She did some pretty badass dual-feats in the 90s too but that was before the internet was so accessible and fans so invested into proving their character is the "bestest" there is.
    Thank you for the reference. I recently reread the series and still somehow managed to not hone in on that. Again, how you all retain some of this information is beyond me. In either case, I'll find the panel and tweet it out, too.

Also, hell yes I'm going to get excited about what she's doing nowadays. Telekinetically vaporizing a group of telefloronics and achieving escape velocity on Mars, which is 11,252 mph (yes, I actually went through the trouble, lol), with a skyscraper-sized space station is nothing to shirk at!

Works for me, guys.
    lol. Since it's canon that it is part of her power set, I choose to patiently wait for a writer to utilize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Her telepathy is what awakened first and even caught the Phoenix's attention. For quite a while the idea has been that she's the a super powerful telepath and just didn't have it at first because Xavier had to suppress it. So TK was her main power at first but not necessarily "better" than TP.

Not saying she shouldn't be omega at both though. But if I had to choose, being the omega TP against Xavier and Emma is a bigger flex than being a better TK against Exodus.
    I think Kitty was referring to her portrayal in the 90s. Back then, Xavier was the top telepath. Jean had the potential, but she indeed used her tk more often, which makes sense in-story too: back in the X-Factor era she only had her tk. So it's like her tp was a muscle that had been stuck inside a cast and needed to grow strong again.

Thank you for the reference. I recently reread the series and still somehow managed to not hone in on that. Again, how you all retain some of this information is beyond me. In either case, I'll find the panel and tweet it out, too.
    Like I said, my memory is weird: I remembered her saying that to Namor, but not the other instances of the same series that Pyro shared. :P

Also, hell yes I'm going to get excited about what she's doing nowadays. Telekinetically vaporizing a group of telefloronics and achieving escape velocity on Mars, which is 11,252 mph (yes, I actually went through the trouble, lol), with a skyscraper-sized space station is nothing to shirk at!
    Check X-Men (vol. 2, blue team) #70. The whole issue is a dual psy-feat by Jean, while super stressed because she's keeping Scott alive.

EDIT: bonus points for the pink Phoenix-shaped tk energy, for you guys who think that CC and Bendis came up with that. :P

lol. Since it's canon that it is part of her power set, I choose to patiently wait for a writer to utilize it.
    I'm old and cranky. I don't have your patience. :P
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 09-25-2021 at 12:45 PM.