Page 638 of 719 FirstFirst ... 138538588628634635636637638639640641642648688 ... LastLast
Results 9,556 to 9,570 of 10783
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Well damn, what did Captain Marvel ever do to them? Also, here's another -

I feel like the list is a bit out of order but a list is a list!
    '2nd only to Xavier'...needs to go

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    '2nd only to Xavier'...needs to go
    Yeah, I saw that too. It was perfect if not for that.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Remember, this final word on the matter was stamped and approved by editorial:

I just stumbled upon this design by Phil Cho. I’m digging it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

While I do like some bright color mixed in for Jean, this is very nice and would work well for some black-ops missions!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Well damn, what did Captain Marvel ever do to them?
    Gotta say Captain Marvel a bit overrated

And see the diff. in how Cap. marvel vs Hulk goes in comparison to Jean vs hulks for power levels

This should be her X-force fit.Bright colors when X-men though

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    While I do like some bright color mixed in for Jean, this is very nice and would work well for some black-ops missions!
    The grey-accented middle strip of her top could be military green and the belt buckle gold. Also, her codename could be Grey.

Phoenix by solidgrafi (DeviantArt):

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

And see the diff. in how Cap. marvel vs Hulk goes in comparison to Jean vs hulks for power levels

Where can I find this Cap Marvel vs Hulk and Jean vs Hulk comparison?

I agree, she definitely faired better than a handful of the other female characters in teams during that era. They still tried diluting her strengths - her power and assertiveness -
    The assertiveness is weird, it was only really there when Beast was being annoying in X-Men#1, after that she's just some other character, it looks like it's something that comes back once in a while for silly moments, and a more definiting trait overall later on.

as you noted, by making her grow faint or incapable of figuring out basic things - that blindfold moment, though ���� - but she was still the student Xavier trusted most and was capable of so much.
    So far I didn't get the impression that Xavier trusts her that much, or anyone besides Scott, but I'm still in issue#9, there's a lot of time for that to change lol.

This is one of my favorite early moments of hers. Even considering the times, Lee knew how to write the woman he created ☝���� #MultitaskingQueen:

I like the detail of Jean helping Angel glide, 'cause she's right about the fire being ridiculously high lol.

The whole thing with Carol was weird, Marvel decided to pretend she's the most liked and powerful female super-hero, yet, did little to actually show either, she was the villain in Civil War II, and I'm pretty sure she's still weaker than her Binary days, they really half assed with her lol.

Yeah, her using brightly colored costume when she's supposed to be in a covert team is ridiculous lol.

Also, her codename could be Grey.
    Ain't that a bit too on the nose? .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Where can I find this Cap Marvel vs Hulk and Jean vs Hulk comparison?

Carol is fodder to the Hulk

She didn't return for quite a while after this.It was a KO

Jean can TP the hulk into bruce.(Bruce hasn't improved his TP resistance IIRC, Jean has grown in her TP massively)

Immortal Hulk made me a Hulk fan and I believe hulk would wipe the floor w/ most X-men(even omegas like Storm) but Jean is one of the few I think can put up a fight and win.

She flung him around w/ TK in a non canon book as well, not to mention her pink form.Jean has too much hax and it's very strong

I should say I don't think she will always win or even 50%, Hulk has fought TP and TK before and her Pink form feat w/ Galactus was w/ the help of entire planet IIRC(could be wrong) and took a sec.

Hulk may just thunderclap her away(Jean can reform her body if so).My point was she has a better chance than Carol by a mile
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-23-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Dude, holy ****, that "Feel better?" panel is hilarious LOL.

Any idea where it's from?

Immortal Hulk made me a Hulk fan and I believe hulk would wipe the floor w/ most X-men(even omegas like Storm) but Jean is one of the few I think can put up a fight and win.
    Green Scar wiped the floor with the X-Men back in WWH's tie-in, though I think a lot of the heavier hitting characters were missing (Jean included since she was dead), but even strong characters like Colossus and Emma with her diamond form made no difference, only Juggernaut put up a good fight, and Green Scar outsmarted him.

So yeah, the smart Hulks like Green Scar and Devil are a bitch to take down, since they may be even stronger than Savage, and are definitely not simple brutes.

She flung him around w/ TK in a non canon book as well, not to mention her pink form.Jean has too much hax and it's very strong

I should say I don't think she will always win or even 50%, Hulk has fought TP and TK before and her Pink form feat w/ Galactus was w/ the help of entire planet IIRC(could be wrong) and took a sec.

Hulk may just thunderclap her away(Jean can reform her body if so).My point was she has a better chance than Carol by a mile
    Sounds like it'd be a really long battle of attrition lol.

Edit: Oh and, Jean using telepathy against the Hulk is probably before he got resistance against it, Hulk took a long time to get more defenses against stuff, at around Secret Wars, in the 80's, he still didn't have healing factor for example, mental stuff probably came later too, though I'm just guessing.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-23-2021 at 11:20 AM.

BANNED

This is hilarious.

If only The Powers That Be weren't sooo threatened by a powerful Jean Grey with ALL her power, this kind of comedy wouldn't be happening lol

Is this upcoming or concept art for a storyline that never happened?