Page 600 of 719 FirstFirst ... 100500550590596597598599600601602603604610650700 ... LastLast
Results 8,986 to 9,000 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I'm a little late but I've just finished reading X-Men 4's Halloween Special. Wow, a nice showing for Jean Grey. I agree that the character work was quite superficial. it was strongly implied that Jean was indeed Dark Phoenix (there will never be a direct answer to this...but I take it). It was a lot of fun seeing her kicking ass so casually while everybody was sleeping.

I love it when Jean is protecting her fellow mutants on another plane of existence without them even realizing what she's doing and what is going on. It reminded me a lot of Jean psychically/psychometrically (?) cleaning the house from "psychic detritus" after Bastion's attack meditating upside down. I have to see more of those creative uses of telepathy as a "spritual healing device" after moments of trauma and violence. It would absolutely fit her personality and power set.

I really think authors should develop those moments and her powers further and showcase how Jean is a protector and healer on levels of existence that transgress the perception of other humans and mutants alike. She should be doing for the astral plane and dream dimension what Doctor Strange is doing for the magical realm.

Jean is Psy Supreme.

Attachment 114931

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Amen! Loves it!!! this is probably the most iconic and most defining Jean moment in the recent past.

I've wished this would have been the last monologue of "X-Men: Dark Phoenix"!!!!! The entire movie would have been 100 percent better with a single last shot and thoughtful monologue.

Fantastic Member

With Madelyne on the way to being ressurected. Just curious, if Jean and Madelyne is to face off, Madelyne will always have the upper hand? Coz Madelyne has Jean's Omega Level powers/potential + her goblin powers. Madelyne seems to be Jean2.0

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    With Madelyne on the way to being ressurected. Just curious, if Jean and Madelyne is to face off, Madelyne will always have the upper hand? Coz Madelyne has Jean's Omega Level powers/potential + her goblin powers. Madelyne seems to be Jean2.0
    she's more like a psychic ghost that came back to life to haunt Jean and Scott. Not even sure if she really is Jean's clone Madelyne or something else entirely. I feel like she is more demonic and finds her powers through black magic. Not because of the genetic realiton ship to Jean as an omega level telepath and telekinetic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    she's more like a psychic ghost that came back to life to haunt Jean and Scott. Not even sure if she really is Jean's clone Madelyne or something else entirely. I feel like she is more demonic and finds her powers through black magic. Not because of the genetic realiton ship to Jean as an omega level telepath and telekinetic.
    Considering the Ressurection proccess Maddie is going to be resurrected in a good ol fashion human body since she is a clone of Jean.

I hope Jean and Maddie have interaction

Happy 600th Jean Grey page!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

225 pages for me

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Madelyne doesn’t have Jean’s Omega Level powers. She was “born” deficient and only animated by the shard of Jean’s soul the Phoenix Force had. As I understand it, her powers stemmed from the Phoenix Force and, later, her Goblin connections. She will no longer have access to the former, but I don’t know about the latter.

I find it interesting that Emma voted no to having Wanda resurrected but supports Madelyne being resurrected.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Madelyne doesn’t have Jean’s Omega Level powers. She was “born” deficient and only animated by the shard of Jean’s soul the Phoenix Force had. As I understand it, her powers stemmed from the Phoenix Force and, later, her Goblin connections. She will no longer have access to the former, but I don’t know about the latter.

I find it interesting that Emma voted no to having Wanda resurrected but supports Madelyne being resurrected.
    I thought Emma's decision to support Madelyne's ressurection is to appease Havok and try to make up for screwing up the Hellions.

Im not. Wanda was responsible for the deciMation and Emma dealt with the repercussions of that head on. It was traumatic and alot happened including her students being blown bc M-Day left them vulnerable. Emma's animosity towards Wanda is well established and its very much in character for her to not want her resurrected. As for Maddie, I dont think she cares one way or the other. Its not so much supporting Maddie being resurrected as it is doing a favor for Alex

As for Maddie's powers, they fluctuate but in X-Man, she was portrayed as Jean's equal. She nearly fought to a stalemate with Nate helping to tip it over in Jean's favor. If resurrected by the Five, she should be an omega TP. The powers come with the body and they share the same DNA. Jean's body is a clone and the resurrected Maddie would also be a clone. They are essentiall the same person up until Cerebro is used to implant different memories into the husk and that doesnt add powers
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-22-2021 at 10:41 AM.

BANNED

Quite frankly... I don't understand why they needed to put a shard of Jean's soul inside Maddy? Clones have a soul too.
    Also, I think that her power only stemmed from the Goblin connection?

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Quite frankly... I don't understand why they needed to put a shard of Jean's soul inside Maddy? Clones have a soul too.
    Also, I think that her power only stemmed from the Goblin connection?
    That was the point of the story; the clone didnt have a soul. Maddie was a failed attempt at cloning Jean. She was inanimate until the PF infused her with that fragment of Jean's soul. The sorcery comes from her Goblin connection but the TP/TK is from her mutation
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-22-2021 at 10:49 AM.

Emma was always like that with Wanda, even before m-day she suggested to have her killed.

With Madeline, she needed to calm Alex to keep him in check after what happened in Hellions, the promise of maybe having Maddy back worked. A pat on the head.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 10-22-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Wandas spell traumatised every living mutant after HoM. Emma's grudge is many:

In HoM Wanda gives Scott and her a happy life, they sacrifice their happiness to stop her and Frost is at the epicentre of the attack on mutants. Emma and Strange can only protect a few.

In Decimation HoM is used as a pretext to attack mutants. Emma watched another batch of her students be annihilated.

Messiah Complex
    Blinded by the light
    Second Coming
    AvX - Wandas spell triggered the Phoenix. It came to Earth and burnt the X-Men in the process of ruining Emmas relationship. Wanda also destroyed Utopia.

Dark Reign
    Children of the Vault
    Schism

That hall era 10 years worth of comics hurt and pain is due to Wanda.