Page 634 of 719 FirstFirst ... 134534584624630631632633634635636637638644684 ... LastLast
Results 9,496 to 9,510 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    It’ll be gone by this time next year. I’m sure of it.
    Could it be the designer's mistake, but her boot is bigger

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Could it be the designer's mistake, but her boot is bigger
    Probably just an oversight.

I actually posted each scene and my reply to you as separate posts. I'm not sure how they all wound up in one post. This did happen to me once before.
    Huh, maybe a moderator merged the posts.

The three picture limit sucks!
    While so far I don't do that around here much, on the Spidey forums I post a lot of scans, but I also like to use emotes, having to choose which scans I'm gonna post and checking out if I'm using too many emotes really sucks, why the hell do emotes count as pictures anyways?

Oh, telepaths, especially the most powerful ones, are constantly getting nerfed. It's par for the course. I mean, take the scene above, in which Jean swiftly kills MeMe without breaking a sweat--the writers can't put too much focus on her, or anyone else, for that matter, being that powerful because, hypothetically, she should be able to do that to anyone. Mind you, she's not doing a psychic probe, which many characters are immune to; she's simply shutting a mind down.
    Yeah, potentially broken powers like this are tricky to manage, nerfing them is the easiest way to handle them, which I can understand to an extent, but if you go too far we get DCAU J'onn... And we don't want a character who's for the most part, the unofficial J'obber.

I have some catching up to do. I've only seen two seasons worth of the series. I never even knew Emma had a substantial role in the series. (By the way, are you talking about the original X-Men: The Animated Series?)
    I'm talking about Wolverine And The X-Men, the cartoon made after X-Men Evolution, and the last X-Men cartoon made before this revival the 90's cartoon is getting:

Be warned if you haven't watched that one and are interested in doing so, the focus is obviously on Wolverine, but as a Jean fan, it'll be annoying to see her as little more than a plot device, it's mostly "Cyclops is whining about Jean being gone", then after a while they add "Oh **** she's Phoenix's host", she's only talked about, or shown in brief flashbacks for the most part, only starts to actually show up at the very last episodes, and while you can say she gets more screentime than say, Iceman once she does show up (And Iceman is only kinda there), she's still a plot device for Phoenix and doesn't develop much as a character.

Very true. If not done realistically and intelligently, sympathizing with villains can come off disingenuous or as a copout.
    Yeah, forgiving villains is somewhat controversial by itself, doing it poorly can look like a really annoying favoritism, even if it's not the case.

I dated the Silver Age incorrectly, which last between 1956 and 1970. Also, another big advantage of that era was that, overall, there were fewer characters and less established history to take into consideration, so they pretty much had carte blanche to work with.
    Yeah, specially at the beginning, they could come up with stuff that looks weird now.

Like, I'm reading X-Men since the beginning, and Xavier could actually detect mutants without Cerebro, which he does when he detects Blob:

(X-Men#3 vol 1)

And he only created Cerebro 'cause he was leaving the X-Men to Cyclops, and Cerebro explicitly didn't need a telepath to work:

(X-Men#7)

But anyways, the biggest downside of that era is that, since they didn't really know what worked, with a specific comic, they had to be creative to make an impression, and while we had success stories like Fantastic Four and Spider-Man, the X-Men failed at that, and after a while they were essentially cancelled, until Giant Size X-Men, and then soon after, Claremont, came around, and what a resurrection that was lol.

Considering the executive producer is such a big fan of her, I honestly don't think they're going to depict her fainting again on this show. In fact, I believe we're going to get the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No, it won't.

We want Jean to be all that she is, do we not? We do not want Jean to be less than she is just to make other characters feel powerful.

Jean is an ubber-powerful character and needs to be portrayed that way on screen.
    I was joking about the fainting returning by the way, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Honestly, even if I wasn't aware that one of the producers is a Jean fan, I would have my doubts that Jean would still be this much of a loser, since Jean failing so much is one of the most widely mocked things about the cartoon, so reviving it without trying to improve at least that would be a really moronic decision.

I'm actually kinda fearing she may become too strong and overshadow other characters, but we'll see what'll happens once it's actually out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    this costume is horrible
    What costume? Pics?

the costume is indeed horrible...but it makes a lot of more sense as a look when Jean stands right next to Xavier and his awesome redesigned look. I like the campiness of both looks together. Still, it is absolutely horrible, outdated, and ugly. And it also does not help that the art here looks rushed.

Soooo, we really get Days of Future Past the movie...again.
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-19-2021 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    What costume? Pics?
    Twitter pictures may not load here for some reason, must be a browser thing, they don't load when I check on Firefox, but they do work on Google Chrome.

So yeah, if it's not loading, you can try switching browsers, or just quote the message so you can use the links.

Here, to make it slightly less painful, the link for it:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEmPdLbX...jpg&name=large

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Soooo, we really get Days of Future Past the movie...again.
    I was wondering why they were putting one of Cerebro's helmets on Wolverine, we getting mental time traveling again?

So, xmen 97, i wonder if the animation will be similar in theme to TAS, or more modern in its look, style. If they just picking up where TAS left off, wonder what they’ll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I was wondering why they were putting one of Cerebro's helmets on Wolverine, we getting mental time traveling again?
    It seems like mental time traveling, similar to DOFP the Movie. And probably to do constant back-ups of Logan’s memories through the time-travels.

Will Jean know the truth about Moira's lives and still be "in good" with Prof Xavier?

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    So, xmen 97, i wonder if the animation will be similar in theme to TAS, or more modern in its look, style. If they just picking up where TAS left off, wonder what they’ll do.
    The animation would definitely need to be different, the way the characters moved was off, and during battles it lacked impact.

The art style seems to be a bit less detailed compared to the 90's cartoon, so that can make it easier to animate, which can make battles that look awesome be easier to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    It seems like mental time traveling, similar to DOFP the Movie. And probably to do constant back-ups of Logan’s memories through the time-travels.
    Hm... Yeah, I can see the logic behind this, if the Cerebro helmet manages to stay in contact with Wolverine while time traveling, then they can backup the memories.

They should've though of something like that when they sent that team to the Vault back in X-Men#5 vol 5 .

It’ll be gone by this time next year. I’m sure of it.
    What makes you so certain of that?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Has anyone ever been able to get a clear answer from the XTAS creators about exactly why Jean was portrayed so horribly? It reached levels where it seemed the creators got a kick out of humiliating her weekly. Which was such a stark contrast to the strong portrayals of Storm and Rogue.

Some have suggested that Beast and Jean weren't originally apart of the series and were "punished" for being forced on the team behind the series. But Beast was one of the best developed characters in the series even warranting a crossover with Spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Has anyone ever been able to get a clear answer from the XTAS creators about exactly why Jean was portrayed so horribly? It reached levels where it seemed the creators got a kick out of humiliating her weekly. Which was such a stark contrast to the strong portrayals of Storm and Rogue.

Some have suggested that Beast and Jean weren't originally apart of the series and were "punished" for being forced on the team behind the series. But Beast was one of the best developed characters in the series even warranting a crossover with Spiderman.
    I only remember them talking about her hair. Apparently the reason she had that damn ponytail unlike Storm and Rogue who had big hair was that they saw her as an approachable "girl next door" type rather than a badass (not the exact words, but basically what they mean). That probably has something to do with their overall treatment of her as well...

I remember something about Jean and Beast not supposed to be or planned to be in the series. Then, at the last minute, they were included.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I only remember them talking about her hair. Apparently the reason she had that damn ponytail unlike Storm and Rogue who had big hair was that they saw her as an approachable "girl next door" type rather than a badass (not the exact words, but basically what they mean). That probably has something to do with their overall treatment of her as well...
    That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. But I guess they can't just flat out say "we didn't really care about her so it's w.e."
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation