Page 290 of 719 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When people (including you) have been complaining about Hickman not using hers for almost 2 years, then yeah it should be a big deal.
    Well it isn't.

The mpreg stuff is typical Duggan humour. Somehow problematic.

Quentin was involved too...more Poly hijinks

All kidding aside I was a bit worried earlier when I read multiple folks on twitter act like Jean had a bad showing or that Jean fans would be melting down. And yet it was a fantastic X-men issue and Jean was handled great. Just goes to show you should be skeptical about what you read on the internet especially twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Guys... about this discussion concerning Jean's actions and the X-Force...

spoilers:
    It assumes she's not affected by an external influence. But, apparently, all of them are.

https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2021/0...pents-in-eden/

The question is posed at about 26:11
    Answer starts at about 26:41, the spoilers come a bit later at 27:53
    end of spoilers

Please, if you take this into consideration, be mindful of spoilers.
    What he said? This information changes everything about how we see and deal with Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    X-Men are already the New Inhumans by colonizing Mars now. I am pretty sure Arakko will fall out of the window after Hickman. Because thats what he did with Ex Nihilo. Does this make X-Men anything unique nowadays? I highly doubt.
    it will fall before, they are the red shirts on the red planet

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    All kidding aside I was a bit worried earlier when I read multiple folks on twitter act like Jean had a bad showing or that Jean fans would be melting down. And yet it was a fantastic X-men issue and Jean was handled great. Just goes to show you should be skeptical about what you read on the internet especially twitter
    Twitter is the antithesis to all held holy and pure.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I was impressed with today's issue it was a great exercise in balancing a large cast giving most the cast a purpose while pushing forward the overall goal of the issue.

His voice is very similar to Hickman's but specifically I enjoyed his Jean was she powerful, personable, confident if this is what we're in store for in X-men I'm all aboard.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 06-16-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I was not at all disappointed. I knew the omegas would be using their powers in tandem but what Duggan and Pepe and Marte came up with was really awesome.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Jean-wise, Planet-Size was fine. She actually got to do stuff (successfully!). Like others, I don't really get what was happening with her and Lactuca. I also do not really get the space station thing and what was telepathically happening there. Why not just tell him to make a space station and why is making a space station apparently such an impressive mind-bending concept?

Further in regards to the space station, I'm not sure how big it was supposed to be when she threw it. She is potentially a huge weapon if she is capable of moving a large building.

Anyway, interesting enough issue. Neat to see Jean actually using her superpowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Jean-wise, Planet-Size was fine. She actually got to do stuff (successfully!). Like others, I don't really get what was happening with her and Lactuca. I also do not really get the space station thing and what was telepathically happening there. Why not just tell him to make a space station and why is making a space station apparently such an impressive mind-bending concept?

Further in regards to the space station, I'm not sure how big it was supposed to be when she threw it. She is potentially a huge weapon if she is capable of moving a large building.

Anyway, interesting enough issue. Neat to see Jean actually using her superpowers.
    I mean she carried a fallen skyscraper back in X-Factor. Her powers have grown exponentially since then

A glass of water looks like a lake in the desert….. nice exposure but any tp could have done the job, don’t see why the operation was restricted to omega mutants, to me omega tp is the most boring useless power ever
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Jean-wise, Planet-Size was fine. She actually got to do stuff (successfully!). Like others, I don't really get what was happening to Lactua. I also do not really get the space station thing and what was telepathically happening there. Why not just tell him to make a space station and why is making a space station apparently such an impressive mind-bending concept?

When Mags moved the SWORD 1.0 space station Cable said it was a thousand tons we definitely have no way of knowing how big it was when she tossed it. But yeah it's pretty cool how she can easily move such large masses around and at such great speed.

Been awhile since Jean used her Tk on such a scale throwing a space station even that size that fast into space to Mags is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I mean she carried a fallen skyscraper back in X-Factor. Her powers have grown exponentially since then

Yep!!

Below she's doing so while accounting for the pressures at that depth to holding the tower in place, and protecting herself and Gentle.

--EDIT: I also never noticed before but she may have a second building in place in the far background.

Last edited by Celestialbodies; 06-16-2021 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    When Mags moved the SWORD 1.0 space station Cable said it was a thousand tons we definitely have no way of knowing how big it was when she tossed it. But yeah it's pretty cool how she can easily move such large masses around and at such great speed.

Been awhile since Jean used her Tk on such a scale throwing a space station even that size that fast into space to Mags is impressive.

!

Yep!!

Tp used for mpreg and tk used to reposition all sorts of phallic symbols…….there’s a pattern
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

The tk stuff...

While the feat was certainly cool, spoilers:
    after they changed the core of the planet, according to the data page, the gravity on Mars is still 76% of Earth. So it's easier to lift things there.
    end of spoilers

But it's Jean using tk! It's reason to be happy! :)

Now, about the telepathic stuff...

spoilers:
    concerning Jamie, as far as I understood, Quentin downloaded the schematics of S.W.O.R.D.'s base and Jean needed to pass that information for Jamie so he could create a new one accordingly. That's not what bothers me. What bothers me is the tone of what she says...

- Jean: Well, Jamie, I have an idea... An infectious idea. One that seeds itself deep in your mind and because you cannot help but to create -- to wrap and change reality -- it's idea that I think you'll have to give birth to.

Sounds a bit too forceful, no? Like he won't have a choice to refuse to do it...
    end of spoilers

Don't you guys think the part I underlined sounds a bit problematic? Honestly question. I'm wondering if I'm being too sensitive here.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-16-2021 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    The tk stuff...

While the feat was certainly cool, spoilers:
    after they changed the core of the planet, according to the data page, the gravity on Mars is still 76% of Earth. So it's easier to lift things there.
    end of spoilers

But it's Jean using tk! It's reason to be happy!

Now, about the telepathic stuff...

spoilers:
    concerning Jamie, as far as I understood, Quentin downloaded the schematics of S.W.O.R.D.'s base and Jean needed to pass that information for Jamie so he could create a new one accordingly. That's not what bothers me. What bothers me is the tone of what she says...

- Jean: Well, Jamie, I have an idea... An infectious idea. One that seeds itself deep in your mind and because you cannot help but to create -- to wrap and change reality -- it's idea that I think you'll have to give birth to.

Sounds a bit too forceful, no? Like he won't have a choice to refuse to do it...
    end of spoilers

Don't you guys think the part I underlined sound a bit problematic? Honestly question. I'm wondering if I'm being too sensitive here.
    It was mostly unecessary, the writer just wanted to write jamie giving birth cause he thoughts it was funny, I guess

I'm glad he didn't have Jean needing to be boosted by Hope for anything...btw, I guess it was Quentin who was mind linking Iceman the HF Gala crowd(via Emma on her end), right?