Page 519 of 719 FirstFirst ... 19419469509515516517518519520521522523529569619 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 10783
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    omfg.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Peace through hugs. I can get behind that.
    /dead AND resurrected...

I am Really repeating some of what I said on the ToM #2 thread, but I have to say it here on Jean’s home thread as well for Jean Fans to know;

~~I Adored Jean for both these moments and her showing overalls in this issue!

It is moments like these that remind me on why the love is so Strong for Ladies like Jean and she was already liked by me, But she has gone Way Up in % points for from this alone, Jean really does make it feel like to we could be in a better era going for marvel at times, especially now that most of the famous under 1 house(Marvel/Disney)! :-)

Jean brings me Hope here for a better future between heroes too.

She is the Heart and Caring Soul of the X-Men like Wanda is of the Avengers! :-)

I hope they have interactive time with each other in the future to talk.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I am Really repeating some of what I said on the ToM #2 thread, but I have to say it here on Jean’s home thread as well for Jean Fans to know;

It is moments like these that remind me on why the love is so Strong for Ladies like Jean and she was already liked by me, But she has gone Way Up in % points for from this alone, Jean really does make it feel like to we could be in a better era going for marvel at times, especially now that most of the famous under 1 house(Marvel/Disney)! :-)

She is the Heart and Caring Soul of the X-Men like Wanda is of the Avengers! :-)

This is very kind of you to say. I, too, hope she and Wanda share a poignant moment.

I love connections like these. From Avengers #110 and #111:

omfg.

Such a beuatiful panel.

She is just the best, I love her so much. Glad to see her hugging both Vision and Jan =)

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Such a beuatiful panel.

She is just the best, I love her so much. Glad to see her hugging both Vision and Jan =)
    It really is a gorgeous panel, rendered with such emotion.

The Red Dragon

Im sorry did we read the same book? Leah’s Jean continues to be a pushover. Jean has no qualms about doing what needs to be done despite moral complications for the sake of the greater good —-see mindwiping and rewriting Frenzy, killing all those plant people, shutting down morlick Meme etc.

God I hate Leah’s Jean and her weak personality. Needing help the 1st issue and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

So happy to read this! it's always good to hear nice words from fans regarding Jean and how she is having a positive impact on readers And I fully agree with your last statement, it would be amazing if she and Wanda could have interactions in the future. I'm sure they would have some pretty interesting talks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Im sorry did we read the same book? Leah’s Jean continues to be a pushover. Jean has no qualms about doing what needs to be done despite moral complications for the sake of the greater good —-see mindwiping and rewriting Frenzy, killing all those plant people, shutting down morlick Meme etc.

God I hate Leah’s Jean and her weak personality. Needing help the 1st issue and now this.
    I am assuming we did read the same book(s), it's just some of us are more focused on looking at the positives rather than the negatives.

In the first issue of ToM, it's clear Jean didn't need Rachel's help as much as she wanted to have a moment with her daughter. Furthermore, after indicating that she needed Emma's help to navigate Magneto's mind, and Scott responded with, "I'm sure that can be arranged," she navigated his mind anyway and replied as follows:

As for how Jean was depicted in the second issue of ToM, I thought it was perfect, save for the moment in which she hesitates to mindswipe the Avengers. Mind you, this was in character for her; however, what was not in character is not foreseeing that they would be entering the Hatchery and acting preemptively, though this oversight could be chalked up to her being preoccupied with the formalities, cordialities, and by being genuinely moved for both Vision and Wanda.

Other than that, she had a wonderful showing this issue, in which she shared moments with Vision (my favorite), her daughter Rachel, Lorna, Wasp, and Northstar.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post

What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    What happened?
    Lorna suggested that she needed to mindswipe the Avengers because they entered the Hatchery before Jean could telepathically cloak the environment. Jean refused because, you know, the Avengers are her allies. Emma, who happened to be in the Hatchery when they came in, alerted them that she had already cloaked the place.

The Red Dragon

What happened?
    Avengers were shown a tour and almost saw the resurrection area. They needed to cover it up(why they didnt just avoid this era is just stupid in the first place, but not the first time this series has pushed nonsensical details for the sake of conflict)
    So instead of mind wiping the Avengers or projecting an illusion, Jean yacks about how wrong it is and letting her morals hold her up( when she has shown multiple times she will cross the moral Boundaries if the need calls for it).

Emma has to save the day because Jean for all her omega this and that, was ineffectual when she wont even use her powers. Remeber when New xmen Jean was going to wipe the memories of several reporters? Or when she mindwiped and rewrote Frenzy’s mind? Or shut down the morlock telepathically? That’s the Jean I know and love, not this push over.

I hate “Saint” Jean grey and this type of writing just leads to her being a boring goody goody, when she should be so much more than that. She can and has made morally questionable behaviors if the need calls for it.
    Last edited by Tank; 09-15-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Fantastic Member

Well, Leah is an Emma fan. So...

BANNED

That's not surprising at all. Sounds par for the course for this era's view of the character, minus Percy's tidbits with her in the first couple X-Force issues.

The Red Dragon

That's not surprising at all. Sounds par for the course for this era's view of the character, minus Percy's tidbits with her in the first couple X-Force issues.
    I guess I keep hoping for Jean to get her spine/fire back.