Page 582 of 719 FirstFirst ... 82482532572578579580581582583584585586592632682 ... LastLast
Results 8,716 to 8,730 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I thought today's issue was pretty great for Jean. Nice to see flexing her telepathy skills to get the better of Nightmare. The dress scene largely felt like trolling to me IMO, because so many people bug the X-office about it. It was the only thing I didn't like because I doubt Jean cares much at all what Emma thinks of her clothes.
    I also found this strange. But maybe that's Duggan's or X-OFFICE's view, considering that most are men and there's something cultural about women being jealous of each other's clothes. But it's nonsense.... Emma appearing in Jean's nightmare and me :???

So many awesome new Jean Grey moments while she is wearing this ugly ass costume. lol I guess we cannot have it all...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I get where you're coming from. I can see why people see this scene as an allusion to Jean getting a new costume, and I don't disagree with that interpretation. It very well could be a hint at to what's to come for Jean.
    It's not just that, though. The fact that Duggan wrote "It's not for me...or you" is what's so telling. If he wanted to troll, he wouldn't have written anything after the ellipsis.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

finally a good issue!
    even jeen makes a apparence
    we can be heroes, just for one day

You're like a weak men

20211013_133250.jpg

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I wonder if that specific selection of Jean's costumes means anything specifically. The Marvel Girl dress, the 90s Phoenix variant (big emblem), Morrison, the version of the Morrison costume from All New X-Men, and the 90s X-Factor costume... and then the new one.

I'm choosing to believe they're Jean's personal favorites haha.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It's missing a comma. It should probably read I am an omega level telepath, and telekinetic.
    They showed her past as Jeen and as Dark Phoenix.

Duggan meant both. This is where she owns a Dr. Strange level threat.

Plus those astral images of Jean showed her in the green Phoenix costume.

Plus she talks about leaving the universe in a better place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    It's not just that, though. The fact that Duggan wrote "It's not for me...or you" is what's so telling. If he wanted to troll, he wouldn't have written anything after the ellipsis.
    Meaning it’s Jean subconsciously saying she has got to get rid of that tacky dress and those cheap dishwasher globes and ugly mask.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    proper english to seperate the two would have been adding an "a" before telekinetic so it seems pretty intentional to me.
    yes, that's how I read it. It should've been Omega Telepath and "a" telekinetic to stick to Hickman's rules. But, it was written as if she's both. So, i assume Duggan is implying that she is both. I bet Duggan will get a lot of questions from fans to confirm. lol

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Meaning it’s Jean subconsciously saying she has got to get rid of that tacky dress and those cheap dishwasher globes and ugly mask.
    I hope that's it haha

jean.jpg

If this is what we think it is it looks like the flared gloves are here to stay haha.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    jean.jpg

If this is what we think it is it looks like the flared gloves are here to stay haha.
    They might actually look good in gold and with a sleek costume like the one depicted. Those high-boots look amazing from the back!

BANNED

jean.jpg

Those gloves don’t look flaired and she doesn’t have that ugly mask on. Thar cistuje was clearly inspired by the classic green Phoenix costume. That’s what those boots and gloves remind me of. But she doesn’t have the sash there. It would be a huge improvement over her dime store dress!

Those gloves don’t look flaired and she doesn’t have that ugly mask on. Thar cistuje was clearly inspired by the classic green Phoenix costume. That’s what those boots and gloves remind me of. But she doesn’t have the sash there. It would be a huge improvement over her dime store dress!
    I think it's meant to be a mix of both of Jean's iconic green and yellow/gold looks, actually. The boots are definitely inspired by the Phoenix but it still looks like it's a dress, or at least a skirt, and the gloves match the same general style that people have been drawing with the dress costume since it came back - which is honestly fine, people just like to pick.

Either way I'm so excited to actually finally see what it looks like when it fully debuts.

BANNED

I think it's meant to be a mix of both of Jean's iconic green and yellow/gold looks, actually. The boots are definitely inspired by the Phoenix but it still looks like it's a dress, or at least a skirt, and the gloves match the same general style that people have been drawing with the dress costume since it came back - which is honestly fine, people just like to pick.

Either way I'm so excited to actually finally see what it looks like when it fully debuts.
    Good point out that they will likely further edit it so we have to wait to see what her next costume’s final design looks like. I don’t see a dress. Her boot are just high up to the green.