Page 184 of 719 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284684 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    On the other hand, Jean's TK is as natural to her as breathing, and anyone (Jean) who can lift multiple tonnage with her mind, has one powerful mind indeed!
    In X-Factor #25, Jean stopped the antenna on Empire State Building from falling to the ground. It was said to weigh several thousand tons. Compare that with people with superstrength. The strongest of them are in the 100 ton category, and they are considered insanely strong. Hulk can probably challenge Jean, but that is about it.
    (It could be that the writer of X-Factor didn’t know how much thousands of tons really was. Like the writers of Supergirl who have no idea how much a ton really is. In one episode Supergirl was lifting an object weighing a million tons, but she gets constantly beaten up by people who are only moderately stronger than a normal human, so the writers don’t seem to realize just how strong Supergirl needs to be to be able to lift a million tons. But so far, no one has said that the antenna of Empire State Building doesn’t weigh thousands of tons, so at the moment it is still a major feat for Jean.)

I googled and it turns out that Empire State Building weighs 365,000 tons. So the antenna could very well weigh at least one thousand tons. Probably more. And she was flying using her TK at the same time, as well as holding Scott in the air (but his weight is nothing compared to the antenna, but still ). But in an issue of Wolverine it was considered a feat when she grabbed a plane, and that could have weighed at most 100 tons. I really dislike these inconsistencies.
    Last edited by johnnysv75; 05-01-2021 at 05:19 PM.

BANNED

And today she doesn't even have/use TK. My how times change lol

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I googled and it turns out that Empire State Building weighs 365,000 tons. So the antenna could very well weigh at least one thousand tons. Probably more. And she was flying using her TK at the same time, as well as holding Scott in the air (but his weight is nothing compared to the antenna, but still ). But in an issue of Wolverine it was considered a feat when she grabbed a plane, and that could have weighed at most 100 tons. I really dislike these inconsistencies.
    I actually use the metric system in my real life and a thousand ton sounded a bit too much. So I googled a bit and I found this:

"Broadcast Towers provide mounting space for FM radio, AM radio, and Television (TV) antennas. Their antennas are massive, weighing anywhere from 1,000 pounds to 15 tons depending upon the type of service they provide and the coverage they are purposed to deploy. Most broadcast towers are guyed towers with three or more guy wires attached to grounded anchors. Broadcast towers can take up a great deal of ground space – up to 300 acres, which is why they are typically found in rural areas or on mountaintops where natural elevation provides the best means of transmitting signals."

Okay, those are modern antennas, so maybe the Empire State building one is heavier. But I don't think it would be 65+ times heavier...

That being said, I trully believe Jean's only limits are the ones she imposes on herself. She does have a troubled relationship with her power for many understandable reasons. Regardless of that, she is considered a powerful telekinetic and they should write her as such.

BANNED

I want Maya/Echo to screw up and for Jean to have to yank the Phoenix out of her, accepting she is the true host.

Actually, that’s probably why Aaron was allowed to make Echo Phoenix in the first place, and why Hickman made Jean Grey Marvel again.

Comics are the basis for movies. The first Avengers vs X-Men sucked. What if Jean Grey reclaimed the Phoenix and the Avengers had issues with it, leading to new conflict. These days things are way more frostier between the Avengers in general and the X-Men.

But she is proud of something she wore in the 60s isn't she?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I think marvel now is not killing female chaarcters, because the outrage is really powerful.

What Marvel needs to do is stop hiding their powerful female heroes
    The outrage would be very powerful, plus Marvel is owned by Disney which has always had a big female fan base. Wanda and Captain Marvel got good showings in
    The MCU. We will see a powerful Phoenix/Jean on television or in the movies one day. Feign loves powerful female characters and they sell well.

MCU has lately done great jobs with diversity and the comics are onky now just catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    But she is proud of something she wore in the 60s isn't she?
    During Morrison's run, Jean was seen as a woman who dressed like a soccer mom or something like that. She was dead for most of those years since that run, so this notion kinda stuck. But Jean was actually one of Marvel's original glamour girls, together with Sue and Janet.

I'd love for someone over there to remember that and give our girl something other than the old green dress and a green bikini to wear.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 05-02-2021 at 02:45 AM. Reason: fixing minor mistakes

and more powerful females are coming to the MCU: Invisible Woman, Thena and Sersi.

They did a great job establishing Wanda and Carol as powerhouses in the MCU, when Jean arrives with the phoenix force to the MCU i'm sure the hierarchy of power in the Marvel Universe will change like the The Rock been saying for his DC movie...

also many jean and x-men fans on twitter want Victoria Pedretti to play Jean Grey and i'm all for it

Last edited by Cruelrain; 05-02-2021 at 02:51 AM.

Millie Bobby Brown, for me. I know: she doesn't look like Jean.

But that girl can act!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    And today she doesn't even have/use TK. My how times change lol
    She uses her TK constantly they're just focusing on her TP because that's her Omega specialty.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    During Morrison's run, Jean was seen as a woman who dressed like a soccer mom or something like that. She was dead for most of those years since that run, so this notion kinda stuck. But Jean was actually one of Marvel's original glamour girls, together with Sue and Janet.
    Which is kind of ironic because even during that era she did not always dress like a prude. Take what she wore on the cover of New X-Men 134 for instance.

I don't think that a prude would casually show off her belly button like this. Not to mention the outfit from Here Comes Tomorrow. I'm thinking maybe it's in comparison to Emma. Emma pretty much wore revealing clothing throughout the entire run.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Which is kind of ironic because even during that era she did not always dress like a prude. Take what she wore on the cover of New X-Men 134 for instance.

I don't think that a prude would casually show off her belly button like this. Not to mention the outfit from Here Comes Tomorrow. I'm thinking maybe it's in comparison to Emma. Emma pretty much wore revealing clothing throughout the entire run.
    I totally agree with you. Black leather pants and skin-tight tops don't scream prude to me either. Yet... that image was formed and if you repeat a lie often enough...

In the 60s, she's seen having fun shopping and being a swimsuit model.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-st31Zvbx-...xHowToDraw.jpg

"The Jean Grey hair-style is more or less a Farrah Fawcett Majors cut"
    "Jean Grey -- in private life - dresses in colorful, flowing, clingy, sexy-type stuff you see in cosmopolitan. Lots of full skirts and bell-bottoms".

Now, this is from the 70s. It means Jean dresses in a trendy, current, sexy way that is very feminine.

The look was updated for the 80s as we can see in X-Factor. Then, in the 90s, it's the like the artists just didn't care about these details anymore.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 05-02-2021 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post

I'd love for someone over there to remember that and give our girl something other than the old green dress and a green bikini to wear.
    It would make more sense that a woman of her age doesn’t dress anymore like a eternal teenager… It doesn’t mean she can’t be beautiful.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It would make more sense that a woman of her age doesn’t dress anymore like a eternal teenager… It doesn’t mean she can’t be beautiful.
    Jean is beautiful....inside and outside. She is the heart and the soul of the X-Men. That cover to #134 is beautiful Jean having fun.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!