Page 581 of 653 FirstFirst ... 81481531571577578579580581582583584585591631 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 9782
  1. #8701
    Incredible Member andreikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Who wrote this? They're totally misreading the scene. I take it as a sign that Jean has been holding off on and knows she's about to undergo a big change.

    Also, the fact that they skipped over everything else - the ease, strength, and grace with which Duggan wrote Jean declaring her mission, owning her strength and altruism, and defeating Nightmare - makes me suspicious...
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/10/13/x-men-4-review/

  2. #8702
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I didn't read it as Jean saying she's an Omega level telepath and TK. I think it just applies to the telepathy part IMO.
    Agreed. But I can understand how people can get confused reading that bit of dialogue. Compound it with the snafu involving Emma in the latest Wolverine issue and you got some posters jumping at the bits.

  3. #8703
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    5,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Prelude said, spoilers:
    Nightmare even succeeded in imprisoning Eternity
    end of spoilers. Then saw the comicvine, but the scenes followed, reminded me of Hulk and Loki's encounter in MCU => "Puny God..." spoilers:
    with the bitch slappin' and all
    end of spoilers.
    Yeah Jean really puny god-ed Nightmare.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I didn't read it as Jean saying she's an Omega level telepath and TK. I think it just applies to the telepathy part IMO.
    Agreed, doesn't change the fact she is still an alpha level+ TK as in extremely powerful.

  4. #8704
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,518

    Default

    I thought today's issue was pretty great for Jean. Nice to see flexing her telepathy skills to get the better of Nightmare. The dress scene largely felt like trolling to me IMO, because so many people bug the X-office about it. It was the only thing I didn't like because I doubt Jean cares much at all what Emma thinks of her clothes.

  5. #8705
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Scott's nightmare got me hoping that more of Jean's O5-in-present days would be referenced. Alas maybe in the future. Those times are mentioned few and far between so any bit we get is oddly exciting for me. But otherwise a surprising delight to get this much Jean action in #4.

  6. #8706
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Agreed. But I can understand how people can get confused reading that bit of dialogue. Compound it with the snafu involving Emma in the latest Wolverine issue and you got some posters jumping at the bits.
    proper english to seperate the two would have been adding an "a" before telekinetic so it seems pretty intentional to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  7. #8707
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I didn't read it as Jean saying she's an Omega level telepath and TK. I think it just applies to the telepathy part IMO.
    Jeen was referenced. Remember she had the telepathic ability to collect psychic energies and massively boost her telekinetic powers. When Jeen really developed her telepathic powers her telekinesis got a huge boost.

  8. #8708
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    Scott's nightmare got me hoping that more of Jean's O5-in-present days would be referenced. Alas maybe in the future. Those times are mentioned few and far between so any bit we get is oddly exciting for me. But otherwise a surprising delight to get this much Jean action in #4.
    I think it’s clear we see more of Jean’s past as Jeen.

  9. #8709
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Jeen was referenced. Remember she had the telepathic ability to collect psychic energies and massively boost her telekinetic powers. When Jeen really developed her telepathic powers her telekinesis got a huge boost.
    It's missing a comma. It should probably read I am an omega level telepath, and telekinetic.

  10. #8710
    Fantastic Member Conor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Jean spoilers:
    bitch slapping Nightmare was EVERYTHING
    end of spoilers

  11. #8711
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I thought today's issue was pretty great for Jean. Nice to see flexing her telepathy skills to get the better of Nightmare. The dress scene largely felt like trolling to me IMO, because so many people bug the X-office about it. It was the only thing I didn't like because I doubt Jean cares much at all what Emma thinks of her clothes.
    I disagree. I'm going to post what I wrote in the X-Men review thread for this issue, but I want to clarify that the pointedness is not directed at you. I'm just too lazy to rewrite or edit this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Firstly, by their nature, dreams usually belie “deeper,” more profound meanings and truths. Secondly, I may have read that scene as trolling had he not included the part after the ellipsis: “It’s not for me…or you.” Considering that this is Jean’s nightmare and that all players in dreams represent a facet of the dreamer’s psyche, i.e., usually the subconscious, I interpret this moment as Jean telling herself “this is not you.” Moreover, weeks ago, Duggan replied to a fan who asked him to change her costume with the following, “I hear you. 🥃,” which many read as a “just wait,” so there are a few reasons to interpret this scene as I am.

    Finally, nothing Duggan has written for Jean, be it in Cable, Planet Size X-Men, or in the current series, has indicated that he dislikes or would reduce himself to shading her. On the contrary, in each of those titles, he has consistently chosen to write her respectfully, imbuing her with strength, dignity, and assertiveness. Furthermore, time and again, even outside of this series, he has made it a point of spotlighting her as a leader. Ultimately, if you choose to read this as an insipid and sophomoric dig - mind you, per your admission, without having read the rest of the issue or how Duggan handles her throughout - that’s on you.

  12. #8712
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    5,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    proper english to seperate the two would have been adding an "a" before telekinetic so it seems pretty intentional to me.
    Even if it was, which I don't think it is(it sounds much better without a coma or an "a") it's Jean saying that.Doesn't mean she is, because unlike before when we had to go on character statements we have an actual list now.For example we've seen characters saying that another character is stronger than the hulk and/or even narrator saying such stuff.

    Again no shade on Jean, she still one of the strongest TK users out there, but I can live w/ the fact that it's not limitless.Not to mention TK does not mean her psionic pink form which she should still have from what writers/editors have said but we have seen her die multiple times and still hasn't used it.I'd much rather address that first.

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It's missing a comma. It should probably read I am an omega level telepath, and telekinetic.
    Probably, or they left it out to make it sound better and/or to spark conversation which clearly worked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Jean spoilers:
    bitch slapping Nightmare was EVERYTHING
    end of spoilers
    It really was.She slapped his Horse's butt at the end as well

  13. #8713
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Here's my final verdict on the powers comment: It's obvious they didn't suddenly decide to classify her as an Omega Level telekinetic, but the wording is deliciously ambiguous and allows me to promote her as BOTH an Omega Level telepath and telekinetic.

  14. #8714
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,584

    Default

    So much for all the gloom and doom when it was announced that Duggan would be writing Jean here. She has been AWESOME in his book

  15. #8715
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I disagree. I'm going to post what I wrote in the X-Men review thread for this issue, but I want to clarify that the pointedness is not directed at you. I'm just too lazy to rewrite or edit this:
    I get where you're coming from. I can see why people see this scene as an allusion to Jean getting a new costume, and I don't disagree with that interpretation. It very well could be a hint at to what's to come for Jean.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •