Page 583 of 719 FirstFirst ... 83483533573579580581582583584585586587593633683 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,745 of 10783
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Honestly, I kind of want Jean to keep the dress silhouette, even if Polaris has it too. She's one of like... three heroes I can think of that wears it, and it isn't like she's a martial artist. It works for her. It just needs to be updated.

So maybe I'm seeing what I want to but I also don't think there's enough detailing for it to move into pants after her butt, I dunno.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think it's meant to be a mix of both of Jean's iconic green and yellow/gold looks, actually. The boots are definitely inspired by the Phoenix but it still looks like it's a dress, or at least a skirt, and the gloves match the same general style that people have been drawing with the dress costume since it came back - which is honestly fine, people just like to pick.

Either way I'm so excited to actually finally see what it looks like when it fully debuts.
    I know. I'm dying to see the front! 😭😭😭😭😭

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Jean was awesome and beauty-full in this issue.
    While not a revelation, I liked her reasoning for wanting to be an X-Man...it rings true to what we know of Jean and how she's felt about the Phoenix. I was expecting Nightmare to be more of a threat but...Jean handled him quite well. I also liked that Duggan showed a kinder, softer side to Jean yet maintaining her strength and quiet determination. That "...I will end you." was superb. It felt a tad Wonder Woman-esque which I have absolutely no issues with as she's my favourite DC hero.
    Lastly, seeing Emma was a nice treat, as well.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Jean was awesome and beauty-full in this issue.
    While not a revelation, I liked her reasoning for wanting to be an X-Man...it rings true to what we know of Jean and how she's felt about the Phoenix. I was expecting Nightmare to be more of a threat but...Jean handled him quite well. I also liked that Duggan showed a kinder, softer side to Jean yet maintaining her strength and quiet determination. That "...I will end you." was superb. It felt a tad Wonder Woman-esque which I have absolutely no issues with as she's my favourite DC hero.
    Lastly, seeing Emma was a nice treat, as well.
    Oh god. That statement, especially coming from her potentially new costume-wearing self... It deserves a repost. (It might become my signature.)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Javier Pina's art was exquisite, in this issue.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

Will you look at that...Jean Grey trending...
    Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 1.57.00 PM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Oh god. That statement, especially coming from her potentially new costume-wearing self... It deserves a repost. (It might become my signature.)

Jean articulating threats always gives me such joy. She is doing it a lot actually. lol it's so her thing.

BANNED

It seemed like Duggan maybe hinted at a new costume on Twitter a while back. If it wasn't for that, I would say some of us are reading too much into a couple of intentionally undefined figures.

what is he waiting for though? Let's get Russel Dauterman to do some work!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Honestly, I kind of want Jean to keep the dress silhouette, even if Polaris has it too. She's one of like... three heroes I can think of that wears it, and it isn't like she's a martial artist. It works for her. It just needs to be updated.

So maybe I'm seeing what I want to but I also don't think there's enough detailing for it to move into pants after her butt, I dunno.
    No, you are warranted that and I honestly agree with you.

To me, Jean is the exact type of character that would choose a dress if in super-heroing. Why? Because it looks good and is comfortable. Don’t like the design? Then we can change it. It’s not like there aren’t literally countless artists in the industry who can’t design a super-hero outfit that can upgrade a costume. Or that artists have not done redesigns of the same outfit that looks good and iconic for its era.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

I’m very nervous about this if it’s the costume. It is only the back, so I’m not judging just yet.

Wow, wasn't expecting X-Men #4 to be so Jean-heavy. Might even say her highlight issue, as it features her X-Men speech (that I didn't think she would even get). Loved to see her handling Nightmare. Badass and assertive, but kinda calm and serene at the same time. Truly showed how much she was above him. Loved the narration too.

Are...you...KIDDING ME?!?

So of course today I'm busy as hell...I purchased X-Men #4 at like 9am, but only JUST NOW have been able to read it! THIS IS MY JEAN!!! This was leaps and bounds beyond X-Men 28's trouncing of Sabertooth. I haven't audibly exclaimed while reading an issue in God knows how long. And I love Jean astrally growing huge, as she did to Cassandra Nova in X-Men Red.

*Squeeeee*

Now to go back several pages and devour all the delicious comments from you guys

BANNED

One thing is for certain Jean is confirmed as being both an Omega level Telepath and an Omega level Telekinetic