Page 588 of 719 FirstFirst ... 88488538578584585586587588589590591592598638688 ... LastLast
Results 8,806 to 8,820 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Thanks for that...I just hope the actual story beat is satisfying and logical. I remember some interview with Hickman(I don't follow him as a personality so I don't know if this is his baseline kind of snark or whatever) early on in the HOX/POX era debut, and he says something to the effect of (regarding Jean's MG dress choice, and other things) "Well there's a story there, and we don't tell stories for free"...and that whole "Free thighs for a free nation" cypher written in Krakoan thing

Well after 2 years and fleeting cameos of Jean's other outfits, we're still no closer to getting an in-story explanation...and the longer it plays out, the higher the standard the explanation has to live up to. The obvious "it was a simpler, more pure time in Jean's life" is surely part of it...but I hope that's not the WHOLE of it
    I agree. Honestly, I'm starting to see a thread developing, but it may just be me getting my hopes up. What Duggan alluded to in the recent issue regarding her costume, coupled with Inferno and Madelyne coming, makes me think it's all going to culminate in a big change for her. Also, the fact that she's going to be in X Lives/X Deaths has me very excited. I hope she takes Xavier's place.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Sorry I didn't reply before, Mercury. I was watching a Star Trek movie.

I'll post pics when there's something relevant that I can add. But I just don't have it in me to deal with some opinions and discussions that go on in here anymore.
    What opinions and discussions can't you deal with, though?

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    What opinions and discussions can't you deal with, though?
    What would be the point in listing them here? I don't want to censor anyone. Let people talk about whatever they want. I just don't feel like engaging.

I'll contribute with some panels when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    What would be the point in listing them here? I don't want to censor anyone. Let people talk about whatever they want. I just don't feel like engaging.

I'll contribute with some panels when I can.
    You are always so wise and composed, I really enjoy the graciousness of the way you jump in and out of conversations.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think it's meant to be a mix of both of Jean's iconic green and yellow/gold looks, actually. The boots are definitely inspired by the Phoenix but it still looks like it's a dress, or at least a skirt, and the gloves match the same general style that people have been drawing with the dress costume since it came back - which is honestly fine, people just like to pick.

Either way I'm so excited to actually finally see what it looks like when it fully debuts.
    Given the context of the scene and the inconsistency of details of the other costumes shown (the Phoenix boots are the wrong length, the Portacio X-Factor uniform is jumbled, etc), I think it is likely just a one-off/miscolored suit or even a Javier Pina pet redesign...

Kinda reminds me of the unused Tom Morgan X-Factor design for Marvel Girl but with a less daring cut on the shorts.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

"GET OVER HERE!" feat. Ororo and Jean

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    You are always so wise and composed, I really enjoy the graciousness of the way you jump in and out of conversations. :)

I am sorry, I think I missed a decade of retconning or whatever, but when was it established that Dark Phoenix was actually Jean? So far it was clear that (Dark) Phoenix was the PF taking on Jean's appearance and Jean was healing in that cocoon.
    And during Inferno, Jean absorbed the memories from Maddy and the PF.

I lost right now.

X-Men Tests an Omega-Level Mutant's Strength Against a Dark Marvel God

One of the X-Men's strongest members just went up against a powerful Doctor Strange villain and proved how powerful they really are,

Jean Grey is an Omega-Level Mutant, technically regarded as one of Earth's most powerful psychics. A telepath and telekinetic of the highest order, Jean was powerful enough to attract the attention of the cosmic entity known as the Phoenix Force -- and has only grown more powerful in the years since.

So she finds herself perfectly equipped in dealing with the sudden arrival of Nightmare at the X-Men's Treehouse base in X-Men #4 by Gerry Duggan, Javier Pina, Erick Arciniega and VC's Clayton Cowles -- and proves she's more powerful than the classic villain could ever hope to be.

Following the recent death of Doctor Strange, the world has been more exposed to mystical threats than perhaps ever before. One such nefarious force is Nightmare. a cosmic entity that feasts upon the innate terror that humanity feels in their nightmares. But he makes the mistake of visiting the X-Men. Rightfully assuming their difficult lives would make it likely they'd have vivid nightmares he'd find delicious, Nightmare finds himself immersed in the night-terrors of Cyclops, Marvel Girl, and Wolverine. But when Jean Grey psychically realizes there's someone watching and forcing out their darkest fears, she goes on the offensive and confronts him within Wolverine's subconscious -- even forcing him out of her dream.

Even if Nightmare is a demon, Jean Grey is a titanic telepath -- appearing to Nightmare with the full scope of power and dwarfing him completely. She warns Nightmare that if he returns to threaten the X-Men, she'll "have his scent" and destroy every last piece of him. Then she slaps his demonic horse on the backside and sends Nightmare fleeing New York. It's an incredibly impressive feat when remembering just how powerful Nightmare is. But given the X-Men's history in dealing with demonic forces, it's actually not that surprising to see Jean Grey completely unbothered by Nightmare. X-Men like Nightcrawler have outright punched Mephisto, and Magick is the queen of the demonic Limbo. Wolverine has even found a way to potentially start a war with the Hell Bride almost as an afterthought.

Notably, none of them are Omega-Level Mutants, making Jean's massive power compared to Nightmare all the more pronounced. Even without the Phoenix Force at her back, Jean has long been one of Marvel's single most powerful forces. If she were to fully unleash her might against Nightmare, she may be able to effectively destroy the demon once and for all. While there's already some mystery behind which Marvel mystic will take the place of the deceased Stephen Strange as Earth's mystical defender, Jean just proved she might actually be a good emergency contact in case of a similar attack.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-jean-grey-fight-nightmare/

Extraordinary Member

1)Doc's death ended w/ an older(newer?) Doc coming back IIRC.So what gives?

2)We think Nightmare will be back or was this the end of his time in this X-men run?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    2)We think Nightmare will be back or was this the end of his time in this X-men run?
    I'm sure he'll be back, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon, especially considering that Feilong, Dr. Stasis, and Cordyceps Jones are looming. I can see Nightmare making a comeback after those threats have been neutralized.

Jean Grey completely unbothered by Nightmare.
    Lmao, love it

Extraordinary Member

I'm sure he'll be back, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon, especially considering that Feilong, Dr. Stasis, and Cordyceps Jones are looming. I can see Nightmare making a comeback after those threats have been neutralized.
    Agreed, maybe Nightmare approaches the other threats to help them take X-men down or vice-versa or he just drops in at the worst time or something(like if Jean was KO'ed or is MIA).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I am sorry, I think I missed a decade of retconning or whatever, but when was it established that Dark Phoenix was actually Jean? So far it was clear that (Dark) Phoenix was the PF taking on Jean's appearance and Jean was healing in that cocoon.
    And during Inferno, Jean absorbed the memories from Maddy and the PF.

I lost right now.
    There will always be debate but ..Jean merged with the Phoenix, so yes it copied both her mind and body and it took a part of her soul/consciousness as well. It was this part she gained back in Inferno -not just the memories. So a part of Jean was always there in the first Phoenix days. The problem is sometimes this is acknowledged and other times not. Jean has relived moments from the first Phoenix years on multiple occasions so there is also that..and of course she became Phoenix again and had other Phoenix related stories so there is def an intimate connection imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    There will always be debate but ..Jean merged with the Phoenix, so yes it copied both her mind and body and it took a part of her soul/consciousness as well. It was this part she gained back in Inferno -not just the memories. So a part of Jean was always there in the first Phoenix days. The problem is sometimes this is acknowledged and other times not. Jean has relived moments from the first Phoenix years on multiple occasions so there is also that..and of course she became Phoenix again and had other Phoenix related stories so there is def an intimate connection imo.
    Uhm, Jean did not "Merge" with the Phoenix Force (that would inply only 1 body).

The PF made a copy or duplicate of Jean's body (2 in total: the real Jean in the cocoon and the PF in Jean's form active with the X-Men).
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Uhm, Jean did not "Merge" with the Phoenix Force (that would inply only 1 body).

The PF made a copy or duplicate of Jean's body (2 in total: the real Jean in the cocoon and the PF in Jean's form active with the X-Men).
    They did merge that is what classic X-men 8 shows, plus in Claremont’s revolution run Jean states she allowed their souls to merge. This is the merger I’m referencing. The Phoenix “copy” wasn’t just a copy because a part of Jean was in there. Jean gave it her humanity. The Phoenix returned what it “borrowed” in Inferno.