Page 596 of 596 FirstFirst ... 96496546586592593594595596
Results 8,926 to 8,936 of 8936
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She's going by the name "Thunderbird" apparently...which I get, her being Native American, but at the same time I don't get considering there have been two previously named Thunderbirds who were not at all connected to the Phoenix.
    There's also still currently one among the X-Men.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Thunderbird for a fire bird....LOL

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Except Firebird is already taken.

It's all a sorry mess really. They should have just called Echo Phoenix...because that is what/who she is now.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; Today at 02:27 PM.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

She's going by the name "Thunderbird" apparently...which I get, her being Native American, but at the same time I don't get considering there have been two previously named Thunderbirds who were not at all connected to the Phoenix.
    It's like they wanted to make things less confusing, but instead made it infinitely more-so...
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It's all a sorry mess really. They should have just called Echo Phoenix...because that is what/who she is now.
    They should just continue to call her Echo. It's her identity, and they're painting it more as she's 'a' Phoenix and not 'the' Phoenix anyway.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I agree it is a mess. But Echo should never have become Phoenix. In fact, that entire Aaron story arc should never have happened.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

LET JEAN GREY BE FREE! Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar

Further than it never should have gone to Echo; it never should have gone to Emma Frost back in Endsong. That's what really started the garbage that has since then spiraled into the trash and trash takes on characters that we have today. It really set the precedent for making the Phoenix about whatever pet character and their girlfriend you want it to be about.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; Today at 02:52 PM.
    "Yes, it was a kind of adultery, but at the same time Jean wasn't being his wife anymore. I just felt that the spark between them had died out and it was time to give Scott someone else."
    -Grant Morrison on how it was Jean's fault Scott cheated.

"Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

I don't remember Maya calling herself Thunderbird. She told Robbie to call her just Maya or Echo, and some people have been calling her Phoenix, unless I missed something.

I dont expect her to be called Firebird. I was just pointing out the irony in a bird known for the element fire, to be called Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    I don't remember Maya calling herself Thunderbird. She told Robbie to call her just Maya or Echo, and some people have been calling her Phoenix, unless I missed something.
    From Avengers #45

echo1.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    From Avengers #45

echo1.JPG
    They weren’t saying that she was calling herself Thunderbird. She was referring to the Phoenix Force as the mythological Thunderbird the Native American’s worshipped in her tribe.