Page 392 of 719 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 10783
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    1) See definitions.

2) You don’t know what role she will play; Hickman hasn’t disclosed. However, he has defined her role in his story as “prominent.”

3) You’re assuming quite a bit.
    1)I did.And I told you why it's still wrong.

2)Neither do you.
    But everything we have seen shows that she won't.

3)Not really.

The only reason you have provided for you reasoning are:-
    a)She a main character and you never know-Cool, so are so many other X-men.Not many will play a role in this.That's not how Hickman is writing this.He's writing his story and not using characters based on their popularity.Jean doesn't fit anywhere in this and we have gotten no hints that she will.Hickman has given us clues and hints all over the place.

b)Hickman said she is prominent-How many times have we been deceived before.And this may be her role in Krakoa Era, not his story.
    Actions speak louder than words, and Jean hasn't gotten anything in regards to his story.

I have shown that Hickman as a writer loves to give hints and teases and the Story is a slow burn which plants a lot of seeds that take their time.Jean doesn't even have a pot for planting said metaphorical seed yet.

I think we can all agree that we don’t know to what extent Jean atomized/disintegrated the telefloronics, but we do know that she did.
    She vaporized them into very tiny and armless telefloronic aerosol

Sorry guys, this is kind of fun.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

I think we can all agree that we don’t know to what extent Jean atomized/disintegrated the telefloronics, but we do know that she did.
    Agreed.

This is like saying a character broke the bones of another one because
    1)the character can
    2)the person taking the punch screamed in pain

There's no reason to believe he did or did not.
    For, e.x. when Spidey punches someone like Vulture and he screams we don't assume he broke his bones even though Spidey easily could do that.

In these cases we always assume he did not.It's the same thing.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

As for Jean's role in Hickman's story, I honestly don't know. I can't really speculate.

I'll just say this: she was a member of the QC and she suggested 1 of 3 laws of Krakoa. That's prominent. Maybe that's what he meant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    As for Jean's role in Hickman's story, I honestly don't know. I can't really speculate.

I'll just say this: she was a member of the QC and she suggested 1 of 3 laws of Krakoa. That's prominent. Maybe that's what he meant.
    Yeah.She has a role in Krakoa for sure.

I think she will not play a part in the HOX/POX inferno stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah.She has a role in Krakoa for sure.

I think she will not play a part in the HOX/POX inferno stuff.
    She's one of the most influential mutants for sure.

But I honestly don't know if she'll play a role in the Trial of Magneto or Inferno. I don't even have an intuition about it. I'm at a point I'm happy to just wait and see. :)

1)I did.And I told you why it's still wrong.

2)Neither do you.
    But everything we have seen shows that she won't.

3)Not really.

The only reason you have provided for you reasoning are:-
    a)She a main character and you never know-Cool, so are so many other X-men.Not many will play a role in this.That's not how Hickman is writing this.He's writing his story and not using characters based on their popularity.Jean doesn't fit anywhere in this and we have gotten no hints that she will.Hickman has given us clues and hints all over the place.

b)Hickman said she is prominent-How many times have we been deceived before.And this may be her role in Krakoa Era, not his story.
    Actions speak louder than words, and Jean hasn't gotten anything in regards to his story.

I have shown that Hickman as a writer loves to give hints and teases and the Story is a slow burn which plants a lot of seeds that take their time.Jean doesn't even have a pot for planting said metaphorical seed yet.
    1. So, now you’re saying Oxford is wrong? That’s your problem, quite frankly. I’ll say it again: To whatever degree she did - none of us know because Percy didn’t specify - she atomized the telefloronics.

2. I have actually admitted multiple times that I don’t know. That seems to be a bag you are having some difficulty holding, not I.

3. Yes, you are. You’re dismissing the fact that Hickman himself defined Jean’s role as “prominent” in his story. I’ll listen to him and wait and see before I take it as fact that she won’t play a role in what he’s got cooked up from someone who has spent the majority of his time in this thread putting Jean down and undermining her capabilities. It would appear that you don’t want her to play a role in his story, but I think better of you than to accuse you of such sophomoric thoughts and intentions.

Tell me, do you have anything positive or even interesting to say or contribute about Jean Grey? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

Lmao! (I needed that!)

Tell me, do you have anything positive or even interesting to say or contribute about Jean Grey? ��
    DD, Luke, Venom , Winter Solider and venom won't do better than the Bat.(The villains can easily make weapons to take them out and either mind games will F them up[DD,Luke] or specialized stuff like sonics[Venom,DD].)
    Deadpool and Logan would do good.(Some of the villans will F them up)
    Iron man would do great.(He seems like no.2 but gotham villains loves mind f*cking and tony would go down easier than bruce here.Not long term viable since they would eventually get the win)
    Spider-man would do amazing.(Extreme will power, very smart and experienced and can handle gotham's mindgames and can also handle all villains fairly easily on both a mental and physical scale.Always get's up which is required here)

But Jean should be no. 1 here.She could quite literally just end crime while hanging out on Krakoa with Scott and Logan.
    I think it's both positive and interesting.

Touché, Spideyfan. There’s that needle in the haystack! 😂 I’m glad to see you feel Jean could handle Gotham.

Touché, Spideyfan. There’s that needle in the haystack! �� I’m glad to see you feel Jean could handle Gotham.
    Spiderfan001 replied to both of your posts citing CBR articles. About one of them, you agreed, so it didn't become a discussion. About the other, you didn't agree and it did become a discussion with many posts back and forth. It's not fair to describe their positive contribution as a needle in a haystack.

Spiderfan001 was respectful throughout the whole discussion and willing to engage without detracting to personal attacks or snarky remarks. What else is expected of anyone here? People should be allowed to disagree.

Palette cleanser: I read this scene for the first time last night and it really moved me. I wanted to hug Scott and run away with Jean to a mountain top to talk. (I am absolutely loving All-New X-Men, btw):

Spiderfan001 replied to both of your posts citing CBR articles. About one of them, you agreed, so it didn't become a discussion. About the other, you didn't agree and it did become a discussion with many posts back and forth. It's not fair to describe their positive contribution as a needle in a haystack.
    It was a joke, hence the emoji.

Spiderfan001 was respectful throughout the whole discussion and willing to engage without detracting to personal attacks or snarky remarks. What else is expected of anyone here? People should be allowed to disagree.
    And I definitely was snarky with him and it was wrong and I have apologized for it both on the board and via PM. Please don’t imply that I in any way am not allowing people to disagree with me. Now I feel compelled to repost the reply I posted earlier this morning that began this new wave of back and forths. I think it evidences pretty clearly how open I am to others’ thoughts and opinions, including Spideyfan’s, as long as they are not insisted on as being facts. I’ll link to my post: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5645988

Furthermore, I thought you of all people would know me a little better than that, considering we’ve exchanged PMs and I’ve encouraged you to be forthcoming with your own thoughts and opinions. I’ve been nice to you even when I haven’t agreed with you and twice you’ve lost your patience with me in a way I deemed snarky, though I didn’t feel the need to imply or directly state that you were. The first time was regarding characterizing Logan’s behavior toward Jean as abusive. You repeated a series of sarcastic rhetorical questions after I posted the pages you were referring to and my opinions about them. I didn’t say anything about your tone, but did note your response. The second time was via PM regarding whether what Mastermind did to Jean in the DPS could be categorized as abusive and traumatic and in that instance I did respond to your remark, which I also considered not just snarky, but rude, which caused me to end our discussion.

I almost didn’t respond to your post above but thought you were subtly mischaracterizing me and felt compelled to reply.

And to Spideyfan, again, if I’ve made you feel like you can’t disagree with me, let me be clear: Please feel free to disagree with me whenever you see fit. As I’ve told you in private and now a couple of times on this thread, for the most part, I’ve enjoyed sparring with you and have had a few good laughs along the way. You’ve also taught me some things regarding other characters. Also, again, forgive my snarkiness. I’m a flamboyant gay man with an attitude whose humor sometimes doesn’t translate to forums too well. No hard feelings.

Have a good day.

@Mercury: I didn't mean to imply anything about your behaviour and I apologise if it came across that way.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

Fore sure.
    The intent was to leave no trace AND prevent them from regenerating. We’re talking in the MU where things have regenerated from a drop of blood. From the artwork, the description, and what we know she’s done before, she atomized them.