Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Haha. No worries. Take your time. I look forward to reading ALL of the messages

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree with all your points Grinning Soul, I had similar thoughts myself when I read Percy take on her, heīs a very skilled writer and it would be nice to see his take on Jean tackling all the points you raised
    Jean is hard to write so I've become actually very tolerant about her portrayal. But, you know, certain things just fall too far off the mark.

She did some cool stuff with her powers and the story on its own is quite interesting, but, those factors, for me, are independent of her portrayal as a character.

So.. I'm very glad she's out of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Real discussions are rare, anyway: people express their opinion. Sincerity is appreciated, though…
    I know... And it very often turns into an ego battle. I have no interest in engaging in that. Real discussions energize me, ego battles drain me. I'm not here to get stressed. This is supposed to be a hobby, something that entertains me. So, yeah, I'll avoid certain topics not because I can't take the heat. I know I can and I have nothing to prove. I just don't want to.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 07-10-2021 at 11:50 PM.