Page 153 of 719 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253653 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Hickman had many chances. It's not like he even cared for the character or fans to want to prove that he can write a good Jean.
    The fact that he won't be the writer really should let it clear that he doesn't care about the character
    Yes true. But it seems like the writers of today really do not care about the fans at all. They know people will buy the books to see the characters, no matter what they do to them, and the writers really have no desire to have positive fan bases. Whether they are on social media or not, it just seems like the fans are not even in their thoughts when they do stories of peoples favorite characters.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes true. But it seems like the writers of today really do not care about the fans at all. They know people will buy the books to see the characters, no matter what they do to them, and the writers really have no desire to have positive fan bases. Whether they are on social media or not, it just seems like the fans are not even in their thoughts when they do stories of peoples favorite characters.
    In part, they are right. Fans interfere in the creative process
    Regarding money ... Complex. I don't know how much they get

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Me and many others noticed that some writers do things to get talked on twitter and receive praise there in detriment of a larger readership.
    I don't think writers have to worry about fans if they are doing justice for characters

Wow they actually acknowledged the Phoenix Force which seems to almost never happen

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    This was cute and entertaining.

Me and many others noticed that some writers do things to get talked on twitter and receive praise there in detriment of a larger readership.
    Victims of the “like” trend? Sounds like a disease of our time.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I was reading extermination, I loved this part. Besides being very cool, the leadership of the two Jean

Attachment 108293
    I long for this era lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That gaslighting is weak lol.

No one is focused on power feats.

If I was trying to convince people something was amazing so they would stop saying it was not amazing, I would post the amazing parts.

The good news is that Jean in the Fraction Emma role will be written by Duggan and not Hickman. So while it might not be good for Jean at all, it won't be the worst we could have gotten.
    BINGO!!

Folks , no one needs this much texts to defend to Taylor, Claremont or Weezy.

He wrote Jean for one issue and I wasn't impressed, she was very bland. I'm open to surprises of course.

Duggan is a big Emma's fanboy so there i that, he isn't a Jean grey fanboy. Same for Kitty, it is clear that Duggan is a fanboy. Now the Omega powered fellas like Iceman and Ororo weren't well served on the book.
    Duggan is also a Rogue fanboy, that is why she was awesome on UA.
    Marauders have been a really awful book on otherside

The leader is Cyclops not Jean. Being Co-leader is just a educated way to try to elevate Jean, but very little on writing makes her the Co-leader. Emma was co-leader but who was the big boss? Cyclops.

TLDR: Duggan hasn't been writing good books for some time and he usually only writer his favorites well and ignore the ret of the cast. So i'm not very excited for him writing Jean, I hope I get some good surprises and he does a good job.

Someone mentioned it and I think Duggan is perfectly inoffensive his Jean will be a step-up from Hickman's and maybe a little below Percy but she'll be active in the plot. I just wish we could get some of her personality which I didn't find much in the previous Cable issue, or at the very least a story or two with Storm if she's on the team. I'm just not sure if Duggan is interested in writing Storm but I guess we'll have to wait and see....

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Victims of the “like” trend? Sounds like a disease of our time.
    Everyone like to have the ego massaged, some are really into pleasing twitter for likes. Unfortunaly the works arent really impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I long for this era lol

BINGO!!

Someone mentioned it and I think Duggan is perfectly inoffensive his Jean will be a step-up from Hickman's and maybe a little below Percy but she'll be active in the plot. I just wish we could get some of her personality which I didn't find much in the previous Cable issue, or at the very least a story or two with Storm if she's on the team. I'm just not sure if Duggan is interested in writing Storm but I guess we'll have to wait and see....
    He really isn't interested on Writing Storm.
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-13-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    He's doing alot to set up her next position so I think theres a good chance he'll write her at some point in his book

I just reread King in Black 4. I cannot stop being excited about how Jean was depicted in this comic. When the cosmic entity emerged I was peeing my pants of excitement because I thought for a second that Jean will be the one merging with the force!

Jean should really become a cosmic entity again. She doesn't need the Phoenix Force for doing it but I think she should transcend into something more. It is her legacy and should be her future. Make her a real omega level being. Maybe she could become an entity of pure (pink) psionic energy (something that was already implied in the Phoenix Saga).

The beauty of Kakoa is also that distance does not matter anymore because of the new "stargate" technology. Jean can be a intergalactic player and at the same time working for Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I just reread King in Black 4. I cannot stop being excited about how Jean was depicted in this comic. When the cosmic entity emerged I was peeing my pants of excitement because I thought for a second that Jean will be the one merging with the force!

Jean should really become a cosmic entity again. She doesn't need the Phoenix Force for doing it but I think she should transcend into something more. It is her legacy and should be her future. Make her a real omega level being. Maybe she could become an entity of pure (pink) psionic energy (something that was already implied in the Phoenix Saga).

The beauty of Kakoa is also that distance does not matter anymore because of the new "stargate" technology. Jean can be a intergalactic player and at the same time working for Krakoa.
    Oh best believe if the PF wasn't being held hostage by the Avengers office Jean would be manifesting fire and a Phoenix raptor rn lol

Tbh she should still be a cosmic level badass even without the Phoenix she's arguably one of the strongest Psychics in the universe and her TK is strong enough to atomize her enemies. Even base Jean should be strong enough to take on cosmic level threats. She should really be up there with Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Oh best believe if the PF wasn't being held hostage by the Avengers office Jean would be manifesting fire and a Phoenix raptor rn lol

Tbh she should still be a cosmic level badass even without the Phoenix she's arguably one of the strongest Psychics in the universe and her TK is strong enough to atomize her enemies. Even base Jean should be strong enough to take on cosmic level threats. She should really be up there with Thor.
    On the other hand, one crucial and central aspect of Jean's personality is the desire and wish to STAY human and reject the possibility of transcending into godhood. She is one of the few telepaths who are not defined merely by her powers. She wants to stay grounded and remain human. She could become a goddess but she wants to stay human!

Maybe writers could show her struggle with this decision more explicitly again though.

Us fans should probably also accept her decision...
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-14-2021 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    On the other hand, one crucial and central aspect of Jean's personality is the desire and wish to STAY human and reject the possibility of transcending into godhood. She is one of the few telepaths who are not defined merely by her powers. She wants to stay grounded and remain human. She could become a goddess but she wants to stay human!

Maybe writers could show her struggle with this decision more explicitly again though.

Us fans should probably also accept her decision...
    Hickman hasn't really been showing the motivations of anyone. Scott has become a family man, but how he went from militant to desperate to happy hasn't been shown, we have only seen the final destination each writer has decided upon. Hopefully the other writers can do something in the new books, since it seems Hickman is still world building and planting seeds for later plots even after all this time.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Hickman hasn't really been showing the motivations of anyone. Scott has become a family man, but how he went from militant to desperate to happy hasn't been shown, we have only seen the final destination each writer has decided upon. Hopefully the other writers can do something in the new books, since it seems Hickman is still world building and planting seeds for later plots even after all this time.
    At this point, I'm not really convinced anymore that he will go beyond the world building phase...but I'm fine with. I really like the comics. at least a few of them...many authors are not keeping up though.