Page 651 of 719 FirstFirst ... 151551601641647648649650651652653654655661701 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,765 of 10783
  1. #9751
    Astonishing Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    #IStandWithTelepaths
    Easy when they cannot read your mind…

  2. #9752
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    3,453

    Default

    I just wanted to share this beautiful scene between Jean and Kitty from All-New X-Men #11. I wish they would reference this and their relationship period in the current era.






  3. #9753
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    3,453

    Default


  4. #9754
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    3,453

    Default

    Also, I recently tweeted this out:

    For Jean, the challenge isn’t reading people’s minds but keeping their thoughts out of her own mind. As she tells Rogue in the panel below, “I have to use my power to constantly maintain a telepathic cocoon, shielding myself from the chaos of the millions of minds around me…”






  5. #9755
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post


    Jean Grey Phoenix
    by Gabrielescala


    https://www.deviantart.com/gabrieles...enix-898593107

    I really love this look for Jean.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  6. #9756
    Astonishing Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I’m fucking living. Is this a new costume??? It’s the style and has the base color (black) I want!!

    Looks like they are joining the movement with that odd elongated X shape being modeled by other members of the team.
    EFFCC870-5B0F-4308-BBE6-E468ACA19C75.jpg
    Last edited by Thirteen; 11-28-2021 at 04:31 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority

  7. #9757
    Incredible Member Subliminally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I really love this look for Jean.
    I like that they included the telepathic booster head piece part from TAS.

    spoilers:
    I'm joking don't hurt me please.
    end of spoilers
    Through lightning and rain, break down the walls and unlock these chains!

  8. #9758
    Incredible Member Subliminally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Also, I recently tweeted this out:

    For Jean, the challenge isn’t reading people’s minds but keeping their thoughts out of her own mind. As she tells Rogue in the panel below, “I have to use my power to constantly maintain a telepathic cocoon, shielding myself from the chaos of the millions of minds around me…”





    I don't think its all bad though? I remember reading in Uncanny when Emma knew what the sleeping celestial was just because of fractal thoughts in the telepathic air or something like that.
    Through lightning and rain, break down the walls and unlock these chains!

  9. #9759
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    3,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I don't think its all bad though? I remember reading in Uncanny when Emma knew what the sleeping celestial was just because of fractal thoughts in the telepathic air or something like that.
    But the way Jean describes how she has to safeguard her mind, it seems like it would be equivalent to maintaining a muscle contracted.

    ——————

    In other news, Jean is an educated woman (most of you know about this already, but I wanted to share these for those who don’t).

    MAJOR: Psychology and Physics; SCHOOL: Columbia University



    Last edited by Mercury; 11-28-2021 at 11:31 PM.

  10. #9760
    Astonishing Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Also, I recently tweeted this out:

    For Jean, the challenge isn’t reading people’s minds but keeping their thoughts out of her own mind. As she tells Rogue in the panel below, “I have to use my power to constantly maintain a telepathic cocoon, shielding myself from the chaos of the millions of minds around me…”
    Shades of Future Jean/Xorna, who had to use the helmet to help keep a limit on her telepathy.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority

  11. #9761
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    3,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Shades of Future Jean/Xorna, who had to use the helmet to help keep a limit on her telepathy.
    I loved Xorn Grey:


  12. #9762
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I like that they included the telepathic booster head piece part from TAS.

    spoilers:
    I'm joking don't hurt me please.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    hahaha, okay no rotten tomatoes this time!
    end of spoilers
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  13. #9763
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    3,453

    Default

    I found another panel in which Ororo remembers Jean talking about having to block out others' thoughts. It's from Uncanny X-Men #151:


  14. #9764
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I found another panel in which Ororo remembers Jean talking about having to block out others' thoughts. It's from Uncanny X-Men #151:

    Jean's telepathy as Dark Phoenix was so strong that she read every thought and knew everything about those near her (her family in this instance). While at her childhood home, Jean thought "Dad, no! I can read everything. Nothings secret, nothings sacred anymore!"
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  15. #9765
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    3,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Jean's telepathy as Dark Phoenix was so strong that she read every thought and knew everything about those near her (her family in this instance). While at her childhood home, Jean thought "Dad, no! I can read everything. Nothings secret, nothings sacred anymore!"
    This doesn’t apply to Dark Phoenix only, though, as has been established. Also, it makes sense that Jean, being an Omega Level telepath, would be so effortlessly powerful, i.e., would have to work to black others’ thoughts versus gain access to them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •