Page 409 of 719 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459509 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,135 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Jean first revealed and used her telepathic ability in Uncanny X-Men #46:
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    As he started making a name for himself he became more and more audacious with his writing, which gave us some great stories to be sure, but taken to its logical extreme you end up with something like that X-Women one-shot he did with Milo Manara a while back.
    That one, I’m not familiar with… Well… I see more Manara’s style than I recognize Claremont’s writing…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    That one, I’m not familiar with… Well… I see more Manara’s style than I recognize Claremont’s writing…
    It's available on the Marvel Unlimited app, which is a godsend. And yes, it is pretty bad, lol.

"Jean meet Hulk"
    "Hulk meet Jean"

Love that Cable named one of his BFGs after his Mama

I think this opinion regarding Jean's powers was solidified because of that horrid Fox cartoon. (Admittedly, though, I do think they did the best job at adapting the Dark Phoenix Saga, which I still enjoy.)

Feel free to take images from this thread (link below) to substantiate your argument to those who deny that she was powerful prior to the Phoenix Force. She was an extremely adept telekinetic before the Phoenix Force was even an idea in Claremont's mind. They can't argue with history!

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...79233021689865
    Mercury this is an amazing thread!! thank you so much for sharing it, goes directly to my favorites. I'm glad that there are more people who dislikes the cartoon lmao (ok it was fun but the hate/bash/disrespect to Jean was just too much and I can't stand it). It's so infuriating that almost 3 decades after, people still judge Jean, a comic character, by a cartoon.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 08-01-2021 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Yes! you're right. I wasn't sure of the issue, I thought it was previous to the Phoenix but it was actually in that arc. I agree with you, Iceman was the only one who had a power level near to her own.

It seems to be a collectively accepted opinion on the fandom that Jean used to be "weak" before the Phoenix for some reason, when she wasn't weak at all. I'm part of a Latin American comic fanpage and the other day I was talking about Jean's Omega Abilities, and many people agreed that she had a "very weak" telekinesis prior to the Phoenix, and that without the Phoenix she was, at most, an average telekinetic. I tried to convince them otherwise but I didn't have a lot of succes lmao.
    This was the exact reason I needed clarification from people I trust. Someone on Reddit said that before her telepathy, Jean was relatively weak and had low telekinetic showings. Thanks to Mercury's answer *and* Twitter I was able to prove them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Thank you!
    You’re welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    "Jean meet Hulk"
    "Hulk meet Jean"

That is quite adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Mercury this is an amazing thread!! thank you so much for sharing it, goes directly to my favorites. I'm glad that there are more people who dislikes the cartoon lmao (ok it was fun but the hate/bash/disrespect to Jean was just too much and I can't stand it). It's so infuriating that almost 3 decades after, people still judge Jean, a comic character, by a cartoon.
    I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the thread. FYI: It covers the first 137 issues of Uncanny X-Men, so be sure you keep clicking “See more replies” until you reach the end. I’ve started a second thread covering her return, which is pinned to my profile.

As for the cartoon, I can enjoy it at times and see what people like about it but I’m not a huge fan of it, especially because of its unfair and inaccurate depiction of Jean.

Meanwhile, X-Men Evolution Jean be like...

Meanwhile, X-Men Evolution Jean be like...

Admittedly, I’ve never watched this series; I’ve only seen clips.

Many, many great Jean Power displays!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

"Jean meet Hulk"
    "Hulk meet Jean"

Man, those issues were great! Loved that UA team. And Duggan wrote a fantastic Cable in this run.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Many, many great Jean Power displays!
    Yep, and true to the title, she actually evolves over the course of the series. Season 1 in general is kind of MEH...but seasons 2-4 are really great.

Yep, and true to the title, she actually evolves over the course of the series. Season 1 in general is kind of MEH...but seasons 2-4 are really great.
    The episode Power Surge is one of my favorites!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Evolution Jean is the best animated version we've gotten thus far. Her battling Xavier was always one of my favorite moments.

I will definitely check out Evolution. However, please tell me you all have seen the X-Men anime. It was sublime.