Page 535 of 719 FirstFirst ... 35435485525531532533534535536537538539545585635 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 10783

I absolutely loved this issue, worth every cent. This books feels like a breath of fresh air and its so much fun. The action does not sacrifice the characterization, and I'm very glad for that. Jean having her telepathic talk with the High Evo was such a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This was fun

I absolutely love that Duggan has her pulling double duty as a leader. The High Evolutionary regarding her with such trust and respect had me like squealing inside.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    This has previews from #4-#6. And it has pics of which X-Men characters are on each one of them. I took it as a hint.

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/5553623/x-men-4

I assume the split means some will stay earthbound, while the other goes to Gameworld. We'll see.
    Interesting. That means Jean would be leading Rogue, Polaris, Synch, and Sunfire. I'm down for that combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    I absolutely loved this issue, worth every cent. This books feels like a breath of fresh air and its so much fun. The action does not sacrifice the characterization, and I'm very glad for that. Jean having her telepathic talk with the High Evo was such a treat.
    A "breath of fresh air" is exactly how I would describe this series so far. The current and still-developing arc is great and has me hooked. Also, the team has great chemistry and everyone is treated with respect and dignity. As for Jean, I cannot express my love for her characterization in this any more than I already have. As I've said before, Duggan just gets her.

Also, someone on Twitter pointed this out to me and now I can't unsee it!

This sequence from Jean Grey #4 inspires me: Jean conjures up her first psionic weapon - “a big friggin’ magic hammer,” as Thor calls it - and learns a lesson about survival from the god of thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

changed my mind, now I like the mask

sb1.jpg

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Duggan does right by Jean IMO. Really enjoyed that ending with her and Scott. It continues to be very evident that her and Cyclops are the co-leads of this team. There isn't any imbalance there.

Mother and son spending time together, thor needs his momma phoenix
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    changed my mind, now I like the mask

sb1.jpg
    That meme is perfect! 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

My review of X-Men #3:

So, three issues into this series, and I am officially hooked. Duggan, who, in my opinion, seems to fully grasp and understand each character, is doing some of his best work here, effortlessly alternating between exciting action sequences and scenes dipped in mystery and intrigue, leaving me hungry for more, which is always a good thing. Needless to say, Larraz's renderings are utterly immersive and lend the stories a potent palpability and immediacy that hit the sweet spot. Finally, Marte Gracia does wonders with colors, his palette spanning gloriously from dark and rich to vibrant and prismatic. (What can I say? I am in love with this creative team!)

From the beginning, I have found the big baddies - Kelvin Heng (aka Feilong), Cordyceps Jones, and Dr. Stasis - like specters lurking on the edges of each issue, fascinating and alluring. However, throwing Henry Gyrich and the High Evolutionary into the mix has only upped the stakes. (What will each of them do? Who will be the one to hit the X-Men where it hurts first? Will they combine their efforts?) I am curious to see how Duggan's work here will tie into what Hickman plans to unfold - and unravel - during Inferno. I cannot wait to witness what they've got cooked up and how it will all play out and get served. On a sterling silver platter, I'm sure. (Also, what will Ben Urich do?!)

I don't think I have ever fallen in love so quickly with a new team before, but, as I previously noted, this may be because the origins of each of these characters span the entire nearly-60 year history of the X-Men. As a result, everyone feels familiar and like family and, better yet, is treated with dignity, respect, and a fundamental understanding of what moves, drives, and makes them tick. Duggan is slowly teasing out each team member's emotional life and does a good job of giving them each bits and moments in which to stretch and breathe and display their individual quirks and tendencies.

Finally, is it me, or has this been the best Jean Grey in some time? Mind you, unlike some, I have enjoyed her portrayal in The Trial of Magneto so far. And Hickman doesn't get enough credit for writing some of her best moments since her official return to comics in 2018, including her team-up with Emma Frost in Giant-Size X-Men, in which she, once again, saved Emma and was pivotal in rescuing Storm, and her scenes in X-Men, in which she was the first to step down from the Quiet Council, the first to refuse their offer of reappointment, and the first to found this new team.

However, what Duggan has done with Jean, starting with Cable and spanning both Planet Size X-Men and this new series, has been wondrous to behold. He imbues her with a level of grace, nonchalance, decisiveness, and self-assuredness that I have been missing for a very long time. He writes and treats her like an experienced leader who has seen and been through a lot and is not easily moved. And this is taking into consideration that he has yet to center a story around her, the possibilities of which both thrill and propel me into endless daydreams.

This series makes me genuinely happy and excited and, most importantly, leaves me craving for more. A+

Mother and son spending time together, thor needs his momma phoenix
    such an ungrateful son, didn't even say hello to his momma in the HF Gala

I absolutely love that Duggan has her pulling double duty as a leader. The High Evolutionary regarding her with such trust and respect had me like squealing inside.

Interesting. That means Jean would be leading Rogue, Polaris, Synch, and Sunfire. I'm down for that combo.

A "breath of fresh air" is exactly how I would describe this series so far. The current and still-developing arc is great and has me hooked. Also, the team has great chemistry and everyone is treated with respect and dignity. As for Jean, I cannot express my love for her characterization in this any more than I already have. As I've said before, Duggan just gets her.
    Yes, I as well. The HE has a high level of TP and TK as well.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-22-2021 at 10:24 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

This was fun

"You are extremely intelligent." The High Evolutionary knows from whence he speaks. Give Jean a 4 out of 7 Intelligence, lol.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Very neat indeed! Perhaps a foreshadowing....?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Jean Grey and Spider-man

Yes please, so much yes

Also remember when Nate and Peter were Besties , can they bring that back?

Cable knows Peter is best superhero from the future.
    Scott admires Spider-man(in an A+X issue, it's w/ Sp0ck but he doesn't know)
    We all know Logan and Spidey
    Rachel was very cool w/ him in Marvel Knights and helped w/ May kidnapping, but hates him a lot and unnecessarily in Spider-man and the X-men mini
    Jean and Spidey have a couple of moments as well
    Spidey semi-mentored Hope for a moment, and it's was his job to teach ber acc. to the Masters at Kun-lun.I doubt they ever finished their training

I mean, the team-ups write themselves
    Jean Grey, Out of the Phoenix-Verse.