Page 652 of 719 FirstFirst ... 152552602642648649650651652653654655656662702 ... LastLast
Results 9,766 to 9,780 of 10783
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I just wanted to share this beautiful scene between Jean and Kitty from All-New X-Men #11. I wish they would reference this and their relationship period in the current era.

Professor K and Tean were a great duo.Miss them

This doesn’t apply to Dark Phoenix only, though, as has been established. Also, it makes sense that Jean, being an Omega Level telepath, would be so effortlessly powerful, i.e., would have to work to black others’ thoughts versus gain access to them.
    Yes.

Just trying to help--I thought you were trying to gather instances of Jean's TP being so powerful that she had to consciously work on keeping it in check.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Professor K and Tean were a great duo.Miss them
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes.

Just trying to help--I thought you were trying to gather instances of Jean's TP being so powerful that she had to consciously work on keeping it in check.
    Thank you for the assist! I consider most of you more knowledgeable and able to retain much more of Jean's history than I am. I'm somewhat fickle. I have too many planets (6) in air signs (Libra/Gemini), lol.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Some of us wait, some of us act.

This doesn’t apply to Dark Phoenix only, though, as has been established. Also, it makes sense that Jean, being an Omega Level telepath, would be so effortlessly powerful, i.e., would have to work to black others’ thoughts versus gain access to them.
    All telepaths do this. They set up screens to keep thoughts out Emma, Xavier and Psylocke have all shown that. The ones who they have to gain access to are from those who have been trained to keep their thoughts hidden from telepaths

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    All telepaths do this. They set up screens to keep thoughts out Emma, Xavier and Psylocke have all shown that. The ones who they have to gain access to are from those who have been trained to keep their thoughts hidden from telepaths
    Do you have panels/pages showing this? I’m not disputing that it’s true; I’m just curious to see these moments.

Do you have panels/pages showing this? I’m not disputing that it’s true; I’m just curious to see these moments.
    Thats Psylocke Fitzroy amps her power to the point where she can constantly hear the whole city so her screens don't work and I'm sure there's more instances of this. There's one with Xavier floating in a swimming pool trying to keep thoughts out of the whole planet I'm searching for the issue now. And Emma had one where she explains about having pso shields up 24/7 that its a constant battle to keep thoughts out. I'm also sure even some of the lesser telepaths have scenes like this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-01-2021 at 03:34 AM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Like I said in a previous post, it's canon that telepaths - particularly the strong ones - have trouble keeping someone else's thoughts and feelings out of their minds and they only do that through the use of both telepathic and empathic shields and depending on the intensity of the thoughts and feelings it can be very tiring for them. But despite their best efforts, sometimes they still pick up some thoughts and/or feelings.

This is from Astonishing X-Men #3 (Whedon's run):

EDIT: on the previous issue, Emma complains that she's getting a migraine due to the psychic tension the kids were generating because they were terrified and confused.

On X-Men #3 (Hickman's run):

- Scott: (...) Not only it [= the gatherway to the Savage Land] is not functioning properly, but the longer it's malfunctioning, the more Krakoa seems to be in pain.

- Emma: Five minutes into that Council meeting and Jean, Paris and I were ready to crawl out of our skin.

Note: Charles was not at that meeting, so all the telepaths were having trouble keeping Krakoa's pain out.

[EDIT: Okay, Sinister was there too. But Sinister is written in such a weird way nowadays that maybe he was enjoying Krakoa's pain. Or maybe Hickman just forgot about him. As for Apocalypse... I don't know how his telepathic powers are defined in this era. Or maybe Hickman just forgot about him too. Or he just didn't consider them as strong telepaths on the same level of the other 3. Who knows?].

So, yeah... whether we like it or not as readers, it's canon. It's something that seems to affect all telepaths.

I can't remember right now an instance in which Charles claims to have picked some straight thought, but I might be wrong. And even if there isn't, just because he didn't say he picked those thoughts, it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Maybe he just kept quiet.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 12-01-2021 at 05:05 AM.

Well, I read the Phoenix Echo issue today thinking there was going to be some Jean according to the cover and the solicitations, and there wasn't lmao don't buy it

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Thats Psylocke Fitzroy amps her power to the point where she can constantly hear the whole city so her screens don't work and I'm sure there's more instances of this. There's one with Xavier floating in a swimming pool trying to keep thoughts out of the whole planet I'm searching for the issue now. And Emma had one where she explains about having pso shields up 24/7 that its a constant battle to keep thoughts out. I'm also sure even some of the lesser telepaths have scenes like this
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Like I said in a previous post, it's canon that telepaths - particularly the strong ones - have trouble keeping someone else's thoughts and feelings out of their minds and they only do that through the use of both telepathic and empathic shields and depending on the intensity of the thoughts and feelings it can be very tiring for them. But despite their best efforts, sometimes they still pick up some thoughts and/or feelings.

This is from Astonishing X-Men #3 (Whedon's run):

EDIT: on the previous issue, Emma complains that she's getting a migraine due to the psychic tension the kids were generating because they were terrified and confused.

On X-Men #3 (Hickman's run):

- Scott: (...) Not only it [= the gatherway to the Savage Land] is not functioning properly, but the longer it's malfunctioning, the more Krakoa seems to be in pain.

- Emma: Five minutes into that Council meeting and Jean, Paris and I were ready to crawl out of our skin.

Note: Charles was not at that meeting, so all the telepaths were having trouble keeping Krakoa's pain out.

[EDIT: Okay, Sinister was there too. But Sinister is written in such a weird way nowadays that maybe he was enjoying Krakoa's pain. Or maybe Hickman just forgot about him. As for Apocalypse... I don't know how his telepathic powers are defined in this era. Or maybe Hickman just forgot about him too. Or he just didn't consider them as strong telepaths on the same level of the other 3. Who knows?].

So, yeah... whether we like it or not as readers, it's canon. It's something that seems to affect all telepaths.

I can't remember right now an instance in which Charles claims to have picked some straight thought, but I might be wrong. And even if there isn't, just because he didn't say he picked those thoughts, it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Maybe he just kept quiet.
    Thank you, as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Well, I read the Phoenix Echo issue today thinking there was going to be some Jean according to the cover and the solicitations, and there wasn't lmao don't buy it
    You know, I was actually looking forward to this being good and even prepared myself to feel stung by the fact that this wasn’t a Jean Grey story, but…this just isn’t doing anything for me. Much like the Trial of Magneto and several other books I’ve read within the last months, the writing just feels thin, flimsy, and half-baked. I’m glad Jean hasn’t been in this because I don’t think it would be a depiction worthy of her character.

I will finish this miniseries, but, so far, I am not at all impressed and feel Echo deserves so much more than what has been written for her in this.

Jean appearing in th trial of magneto and phoenix echo:

FFhkyNaXwAAXEUz.jpg

You know, I was actually looking forward to this being good and even prepared myself to feel stung by the fact that this wasn’t a Jean Grey story, but…this just isn’t doing anything for me. Much like the Trial of Magneto and several other books I’ve read within the last months, the writing just feels thin, flimsy, and half-baked. I’m glad Jean hasn’t been in this because I don’t think it would be a depiction worthy of her character.

I will finish this miniseries, but, so far, I am not at all impressed and feel Echo deserves so much more than what has been written for her in this.
    I just find funny that the solicit mentioned mutants and the cover has a literal Krakoan setting and it does have nothing to do with the story lmao just bait I guess. Maybe I will finish it too, but the story it's just meh. Seconding your thoughts about Echo deserving something better, Phoenix is a concept ingrained too much into a character that it's not her and who does not has connections to her, and I just don't think is doing her any favors.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 12-01-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    I just find funny that the solicit mentioned mutants and the cover has a literal Krakoan setting and it does have nothing to do with the story lmao just bait I guess. Maybe I will finish it too, but the story it's just meh. Seconding your thoughts about Echo deserving something better, Phoenix is a concept ingrained too much into a character that it's not her and who does not has connections to her, and I just don't think is doing her any favors.
    That was definitely a strategic cover choice meant to generate more sales. Also, it’s not so much that the Phoenix Force is “too” associated with Jean as it is that, so far, this just isn’t a very good story.

That was definitely a strategic cover choice meant to generate more sales. Also, it’s not so much that the Phoenix Force is “too” associated with Jean as it is that, so far, this just isn’t a very good story.
    yeah it isn't, I read the first issue and tried to be objective (disassociating myself from previous ideas and all) but it wasn't very exciting. An average story.