Page 304 of 419 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 6276
  1. #4546
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    No no, thank you!
    I only shared one. You and Havok83 and Omega_DCD are killing it! :)

    Logging off now. I hope there'll be more Jean-awesoness when I wake up.

    I'll look for her mopping the floor with Sabretooth, Atomic-bomb style, if no one has posted it by then. :)

    Thanks again, guys. Have fun. :)

  2. #4547
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean catching a plane midflight and showing Logan he needs to put some respect on her!



    Uses her TK as a grappling hook in space to move the aircraft

    Like they say in the movies, Jean has the most powerful mind known to Xavier. Jean can do whatever she puts her mind to doing. These are great examples.

    I would love to see additional examples.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 06-17-2021 at 05:01 PM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  3. #4548
    Fantastic Member Omega_DCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean catching a plane midflight and showing Logan he needs to put some respect on her!



    Uses her TK as a grappling hook in space to move the aircraft
    Larry Hama really did right by Jean in those Wolverine issues...after that crazy plane catch, she also shields the whole aircraft from an explosion's Shockwave that would have torn it to pieces, while also telekinetically reeling in I think Scott and Logan on board to safety

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

    Jean has trounced Sabertooth so much she probably haunts his dreams...I love that her untarnished record extends to the Hickman era when she told him "QUIET!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I only shared one. You and Havok83 and Omega_DCD are killing it!

    Logging off now. I hope there'll be more Jean-awesoness when I wake up.

    I'll look for her mopping the floor with Sabretooth, Atomic-bomb style, if no one has posted it by then.

    Thanks again, guys. Have fun.
    Thanks for the shout, you mentioning X-Factor Jean reminds me when she was an absolute tank in one of the Fall of the Mutants issues...even being up for 3 days straight, she's levitating almost 20 people at once in the beginning, she keeps an exploding building in tact with her TK, and makes round trips all through the night bringing injured people to the hospital

  4. #4549

    Default

    I was going to try to catch up from when I last posted, but then I realized if I did that I'd die of old age before I got caught up. So I've only read posts from today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Yes. August, right? Be still my heart!

    I think Lorna and Jean should be like that friend you really liked when you were both younger but you didn't get to keep close to you because life kept taking both of you in different paths. Yet, somehow, when you meet them again, it's like you just click and you're happy they're around. That's how I like to imagine them, at least.
    There's a lot of great possible directions for rekindling some kind of relationship dynamic between them. I've said before that I felt they would be great as a couple (and commissioned some art to this effect), but I'm also not wedded to that concept. Plenty of great possible directions. All that really matters is both characters being respected in the process.

    IMO if a relationship dynamic involves one character treated poorly for the other's benefit, it's a bad dynamic and actually ends up undermining the character it's supposed to benefit. It implies that character can't stand on their own merits, not to mention creates enmity in fans of the character that gets wronged. Though important note to this is that a character simply making a mistake, having a flaw, or failing to do something isn't in itself poor treatment. How it's done and why is what can make it poor treatment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I really hope we get some panels with the girls going out together. I mean, Rogue *has* to be fun to hang with, right?
    Cut to the ladies getting wasted and waking up the next morning in a bar they completely trashed.

    Lorna: "At least I didn't try to kill anyone with bullets this time. I think. Better check the hospitals to be sure."

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I look forward to Lorna and Jean doing something together with their powers in X-men 2. I've said it before but I think Duggan handles powers well. I know Storm fans are groaning and I get that totally because I agree (in regards to Storm in Marauders - too much lightning and not enough other weather stuff) but thought he handled Kitty's powers really well especially when she was fighting. He also did really well imo with Emma's telepathy. I have confidence that Duggan can do well with this team even though Jean and Lorna's powers are similar and same with Synch and Rogue (Rogue will probably mainly be a flying tank).
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    They shouldn't be as similar but a lot of writers use magnetism like it is telekinesis. JDW has talked about this and has said he preferred Magneto mostly manipulate metal but alas he uses his magnetism to move anything and everything... which does make sense due to magnetic fields, etc... but it would differentiate their powers more if Lorna stuck to metal bending (Lorna fans groaning at me now lol).

    My initial fear is that Lorna will do the heavy lifting stunts with her magnetism and Jean would stick mostly to telepathy.
    Fans often seem to spend a lot of time focused on the similarities ("these two characters can throw objects around") rather than the differences ("Jean can deep dive into someone's mind, Lorna can do an EMP burst"). And I think that emphasis on similarities has in turn led to some arguments with fans thinking two characters can't coexist when they really can. Even with the same power set, two characters can use them in different ways. Superman having super strength, durability and flight doesn't mean Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter can't be on the Justice League, after all.

    Jean can do impressive things with her TK. Lorna can do impressive things with her electromagnetism. They may overlap, but there are certainly differences. And I wouldn't mind at all Jean being more powerful at throwing objects around than Lorna. It just means Lorna doing something equally impressive with her powers that isn't covered by Jean's. And I don't mean metal bending. Her powers have a lot more untapped potential than limiting Superman to bending iron bars.
    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress. Avatar by Ty Romsa (not commissioned by me).

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

    Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

  5. #4550
    Fantastic Member Omega_DCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Sorry for the quality of the scans...but here is X-Factor Jean casually holding some helicopters while comforting baby Nathan on her hip

    Screenshot_20210617-205219_Gallery.jpg

    Screenshot_20210617-205557_Gallery.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #4551
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Thanks for the shout, you mentioning X-Factor Jean reminds me when she was an absolute tank in one of the Fall of the Mutants issues...even being up for 3 days straight, she's levitating almost 20 people at once in the beginning, she keeps an exploding building in tact with her TK, and makes round trips all through the night bringing injured people to the hospital
    I thought of posting that moment with the building too, but since we were focusing more on offensive use of her tk, I thought I better not.

    In X-Factor Jean uses her tk with versatility: she lifts stuff, she uses shields, she attacks.

    And that, I think, it's how it should be approached. As fun as it is for us to watch her lashing out, she's also a smart, trained fighter who is, above all, a team player. No need to become a crazed agressive fighter. At some point, in my opinion, it even gets boring.

    I'd prefer her to be versatile and use tk and all its wonderful variety of ways, including offensive maneuveurs (but not limited to it). And, every now and then, when the moment calls for it, have Jean be her scary Redhead Fury in all her glory. :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Sorry for the quality of the scans...but here is X-Factor Jean casually holding some helicopters while comforting baby Nathan on her hip
    Another good example on how she doesn't need to be an omega-level telekinetic to be awesome. Planet Size shows that Duggan is aware of it. Let's hope he uses her tk in X-Men too. :)

  7. #4552
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I was going to try to catch up from when I last posted, but then I realized if I did that I'd die of old age before I got caught up. :p So I've only read posts from today.
    I know, right? Sometimes it's hard to catch up with the messages of the day! :D

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    There's a lot of great possible directions for rekindling some kind of relationship dynamic between them. I've said before that I felt they would be great as a couple (and commissioned some art to this effect), but I'm also not wedded to that concept. Plenty of great possible directions. All that really matters is both characters being respected in the process.

    IMO if a relationship dynamic involves one character treated poorly for the other's benefit, it's a bad dynamic and actually ends up undermining the character it's supposed to benefit. It implies that character can't stand on their own merits, not to mention creates enmity in fans of the character that gets wronged. Though important note to this is that a character simply making a mistake, having a flaw, or failing to do something isn't in itself poor treatment. How it's done and why is what can make it poor treatment.
    I think most Jean Grey fans are quite generous (or better said not selfish), particularly when it comes to other female characters. We want Lorna, Ororo, Rogue etc... to be their amazing powerhouse selves. :)

    I think most of Jean's fans wouldn't want Lorna to be treated poorly. And if we're to judge by this forum, it's quite the opposite: we're excited that Lorna is in the team too and we're hoping she gets to be awesome. Seriously. I never read anything negative about her here. Only love. :)

    And if Duggan somehow allows Lorna to be mind-controlled again (especially when there's an Omega level telepath around), I'll go Dark Phoenix and we go riot, deal? For both Lorna and Jean (for letting it happen on her watch, in this Krakoan era, again). :D

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Cut to the ladies getting wasted and waking up the next morning in a bar they completely trashed.

    Lorna: "At least I didn't try to kill anyone with bullets this time. I think. Better check the hospitals to be sure."
    Krakoan Jean? Yeah, I could see her doing that. :D

    I wouldn't like to see it, but I would try to remember that at least I got the girls' night out I'd asked for. :D

  8. #4553
    Incredible Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Definitely one of my favorite Jean Grey moments of all times. She is so fierce here!

    Her relationship with Sabretooth in the 1990s is also amazing. I wished we would get more of this direct interaction. Cassandra Nova and Sabretooth seem to be two Jean Grey's most direct villains over the years? Also Sinister and Apocalypse of course. But I really like how the set up the antagonism with Sabretooth while he was at the mansion. He is like the absolute flip side of everything Jean stands for.

  9. #4554
    Incredible Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    619

    Default

    I like seeing Jean mainly as a telepath to be honest. it is such a complex power if used wisely. I wished authors would go more into detail what it means to see the world from a telepath's point of view.

    I loved what Claremont did with Jean in his Revolution run power-wise. The Phoenix effect and a focus on her telepathy. I'm a little bored by having too many psys around in the X-Men universe tbh and I think authors should find a way to re-define what each psy can do what others cannot and changing the power signatures. I like for example that Psylocke mainly uses her telekinetic powers to create psy weapons with it.

  10. #4555
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I like seeing Jean mainly as a telepath to be honest. it is such a complex power if used wisely. I wished authors would go more into detail what it means to see the world from a telepath's point of view.

    I loved what Claremont did with Jean in his Revolution run power-wise. The Phoenix effect and a focus on her telepathy. I'm a little bored by having too many psys around in the X-Men universe tbh and I think authors should find a way to re-define what each psy can do what others cannot and changing the power signatures. I like for example that Psylocke mainly uses her telekinetic powers to create psy weapons with it.
    I'd definitely like to see her telepathy played in creative ways too. I mentioned it before, she could have a friendly contest of who can track faster: Laura with her nose of her scanning the minds of the population of a major city, having their check their phones and subconscious memories about the target they're looking for. :D

    Jean can use her telepathy to block pain receptors on other people. It means she can affect other people's biochemistry. Imagine all the applications of that, affecting her own body and the others. If even Daredevil can heal faster when he meditates, imagine what true telepathy can do. :)

  11. #4556
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    She really doesn't like the idea of having Creed at the school, but the straw that really breaks the camel's back for her is Jubilee having nightmares about him.

    That's it. She has to do something about it. She tries to talk Scott, Ororo and Hank. She tries to talk to Charles.

    And then she decides to talk to Creed himself.

    Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, *the* Atom Bomb! :D

    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-18-2021 at 12:58 AM.

  12. #4557
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Part 2:


  13. #4558
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Part 3 (no more tk, but just as savage):


  14. #4559
    Incredible Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Definitely one of her absolute BEST moment. Really love it!

  15. #4560
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    581

    Default

    I know there are so many telepaths now only Krakoa, but speaking of Birdy, has she been resurrected?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •