Page 593 of 661 FirstFirst ... 93493543583589590591592593594595596597603643 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,895 of 9906
  1. #8881
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    5,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Iíve literally been naked in jacuzzis with men I was attracted to and on dates with and didnít have sex with them.

    Iím not saying they didnít have sex. Iím saying they may or may both have. Stating it as fact is really just a projection- until one is ready to admit ďitís how they viewed what happenedĒ rather than ďitís what happened.Ē.

    I will take the clues and the hints and enter it into my headcanon, but doesnít make it fact. Kinda like Iíd like to believe jean is an omega tk, but it was very clear that hickmans omega streamlining was the supreme law of the land, so Iím going with the guy whoís in charge of the status quo. Think about that. Iím choosing to believe the view ?hickman) that I DONT prefer, because it feels moot to compare unambiguous to possibly-intended-
    Possibly-no comma-misinterpretation until we have more evidence or confirmation.

    . I support people having their own beliefs based on the scenes such as the hot tub scene, but think itís these moments we need to learn to distinguish the unambiguous and the possibilities.
    I believe you but Jean here is sitting on his lap, drinking bear, talking about being too good for each other and tastes of poison, Logan's running his hand through her hair and they are alone as well.And we've seen them kiss on panel in Wolverine as well.I think it's pretty clear what happened here.

    Aside from the comics explanation below, there is also some other stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    C'mon, that's just being obtuse for the sake of it. She was straddling him. They may not have necessarily had sex here, but no, this is not "intimacy of very close friends". The fact that you can be naked with someone in a jaccuzi and not have sex with them changes nothing about the scene, whether they're about to fuck or not isn't the whole determining factor.



    The way they're acting is also not one of that being unusual, or of doubt of the nature of the situation. And then there's the dialogue "If you think I'm too good for X-Force you probably think I'm too good for you", "Sure, but you need a taste of poison now and then". The panel ends with him holding her face and then it zooms out with them pressed onto each other (which does seem like a kiss to me, but that specific part and that only I'll agree isn't clear).
    Yeah, we have to keep in mind comics don't show nsfw stuff a lot of the time and I think them kissing in pretty clear in the last panel.

  2. #8882
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    Those of you that believe more than what is depicted happened between Jean and Logan definitely have reason to believe that. However, it isn’t made conclusively clear that they had sex.

  3. #8883
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    8,069

    Default

    Whether or not there was penetration and climax is irrelevant...the scene clearly depicts them getting very intimate. (I believe there was a note from Cassara somewhere on twatter, where he initially drew Jean to be naked but was editorially vetoed).

    If that scene was in a movie or a novel...it would be reasonably ascertained that sex followed. But somehow, in comics more concrete proof is needed.

    Oddly enough no such concrete proof is needed to make Rachel and Kitty lesbians or Storm and Yukio hot for each other because a look, and a touch is all that's needed to verify love and same-sex attraction.

    Blindness, like ignorance, truly is willful, indeed.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  4. #8884
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Whether or not there was penetration and climax is irrelevant...
    D, you are on a roll tonight! 😂🤣😂🤣😂

  5. #8885
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    8,069

    Default

    LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
    It's been a long day...and I haven't had my evening glass of Eldorado 25, yet.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  6. #8886
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
    It's been a long day...and I haven't had my evening glass of Eldorado 25, yet.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Nonetheless, it's been fun reading you pop off, lol!

  7. #8887
    LET JEAN GREY BE FREE! Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,212
    "Yes, it was a kind of adultery, but at the same time Jean wasn't being his wife anymore. I just felt that the spark between them had died out and it was time to give Scott someone else."
    -Grant Morrison on how it was Jean's fault Scott cheated.

    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  8. #8888
    Incredible Member Subliminally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I refuse to be disrespectful in Jean's house.
    You there, The Monstrous One. We Are Not Amused!

  9. #8889
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I refuse to be disrespectful in Jean's house.
    Isnít it par for the course with that one, though? 😂

    Iíd much rather focus on who made it happen. Transcendent as alwaysÖ





    Also, maybe it was a little more than friendly banter, 🤣Ö


  10. #8890
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    5,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Those of you that believe more than what is depicted happened between Jean and Logan definitely have reason to believe that. However, it isn’t made conclusively clear that they had sex.
    I'd agree but comics have shown us less than this a lot of times and then we know something happened.

    Maybe we should just tweet at the writer.This is Percy, right?

  11. #8891
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I'd agree but comics have shown us less than this a lot of times and then we know something happened.

    Maybe we should just tweet at the writer.This is Percy, right?
    Yep, it's Percy. He's approachable, too. He's like a few of my tweets mentioning him, and I've seen him directly respond to fan questions.

  12. #8892
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    5,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Yep, it's Percy. He's approachable, too. He's like a few of my tweets mentioning him, and I've seen him directly respond to fan questions.
    Good to know, we should all try to reach him about this LOL

  13. #8893
    Incredible Member Omega_DCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Yeah I'm glad we got Taylor's post-resurrection Jean instead of Rosenberg's. Jean being proactive after death (hers and other's) is very much in character.

    After emerging from the cocoon, Jean saw the state of the world and immediately wanted to help her fellow mutants, even without Xavier, or the X-Men as they currently were...leading to the formation of X-Factor

    After Cyclops "died" at the hands of Apocalypse, Jean took time to cope in Muir Island and did so by helping Moira, helping recruit new X-Men such as Thunderbird III, and bonding with Cable, leading to becoming an active X-Man again, with her perseverance not going unnoticed (from Rogue).

    Also I thought the whole point of Jean mocking the Phoenix with "Is that all?" after it temporarily brought Scott back to life, was that this time Jean got to properly say goodbye to Scott. She got a measure of closure. So why would she be in such sullen state?

    Also another tidbit highlighting Jean's perspective, at the start of X-tinction Agenda, Jean and de-aged Ororo are talking and catching up and at the end they say "To the X-Men then! Who do not die the old fashioned way. And no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever."
    Just to add context to what I mentioned and why I feel Jean's perseverance after her return and during Scott's "death" is the correct take...as opposed to what Rosenberg wanted for her




  14. #8894
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Yeah I'm glad we got Taylor's post-resurrection Jean instead of Rosenberg's. Jean being proactive after death (hers and other's) is very much in character.

    After emerging from the cocoon, Jean saw the state of the world and immediately wanted to help her fellow mutants, even without Xavier, or the X-Men as they currently were...leading to the formation of X-Factor

    After Cyclops "died" at the hands of Apocalypse, Jean took time to cope in Muir Island and did so by helping Moira, helping recruit new X-Men such as Thunderbird III, and bonding with Cable, leading to becoming an active X-Man again, with her perseverance not going unnoticed (from Rogue).

    Also I thought the whole point of Jean mocking the Phoenix with "Is that all?" after it temporarily brought Scott back to life, was that this time Jean got to properly say goodbye to Scott. She got a measure of closure. So why would she be in such sullen state?

    Also another tidbit highlighting Jean's perspective, at the start of X-tinction Agenda, Jean and de-aged Ororo are talking and catching up and at the end they say "To the X-Men then! Who do not die the old fashioned way. And no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever."
    I forgot to comment on your observations here. I agree with everything you've said and love that you pointed all of this out!

  15. #8895
    Incredible Member Omega_DCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I forgot to comment on your observations here. I agree with everything you've said and love that you pointed all of this out!
    Thanks Mercury ❤, likewise I'm always digging your insights, I'm catching up on them in the X-Men #4 review thread atm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •