Page 202 of 719 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302702 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 10783
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It's a running joke. They aren't dish gloves.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's a running joke. They aren't dish gloves.
    Thank god.This reminded me of chandler and monica and "keep the gloves on" scene from Friends.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 3aMeHa View Post
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/we-are-exhau...-gr-1846837967

"Oh, Scott!!!" {Hand to forehead, then swoons.}

"Jeeeaaannnn!!!!"

I remember those days. So glad Marvel has moved on (even if Jean is forced to still wear her dishwashing gloves.)
    Has Marvel moved on? Lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Wait are they really dishwashing gloves.I thought that was a running joke
    Presumably, she uses what little TK power she has to wash the dishes, so while they are technically dishwashing gloves, that's not how they are used.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 05-10-2021 at 09:11 PM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Oh, my god... this is so funny! Thanks for the laugh, guys! :D
    I mean it.

@marciotakara

20210511_064143.jpg

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    @marciotakara
    Stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Has Marvel moved on? Lolol

Presumably, she uses what little TK power she has to wash the dishes, so while they are technically dishwashing gloves, that's not how they are used.
    Well, at least we know Jean's gloves are clean, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

@marciotakara

20210511_064143.jpg
    Nice Powerful pic of Jean! This would be Incredible in color.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

@marciotakara

20210511_064143.jpg
    She is sexy here

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    She is sexy here
    In other words the costume is sexist....

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    In other words the costume is sexist....
    I can see Jean's TK..............................LOL!

Just finished re-reading Bendis’s All-New X-Men, and before that I read X-Men Red for the fourth time. Jean is more fiery in All-New X-Men, but in both comics she is powerful and confident. I refuse to believe that Hickman hasn’t read these comics, or read summaries, while he did his research. He seems to have a vast knowledge of X-Men’s history and he seems to be a bit of a nerd - and we all know that comic book nerds hate inconsistencies. (I am a huge nerd myself. Obviously.)
    Hickman knows how powerful and confident Jean was depicted recently, and I don’t think he would change that just because he can. There has to be a reason. In the thread ”What do you think of Hickmans X-Men so far” several people bring up the old theory that something is wrong on Krakoa. And I find myself agreeing with them. Something is wrong on Krakoa, just look at what has happened to Jean.

But how can she be powerful and confident in X-Force and not in X-Men? Well, maybe there is an explanation for that. Maybe she is more powerful and confident when she is not around Scott? Which would mean we will get a horrible Jean in upcoming issues of Duggan’s X-Men. (But she was capable in an issue of Cable, where the two of them were together.) But maybe Jean will start realizing that something is wrong with her, and we will see how that unfolds. Maybe being away from Krakoa will clear her head.

I choose to have hope.

Some of these writers have too much of their own opinion today, so even if he read the Classic All-New X-Men, he may feel that is not what "his Jean" will be like and then he changed her personality.

Jean is always powerful, no matter who she is around. I do not play into Jean needing someone be it Scott, Logan, etc. And it does not matter what they write.
    Jean is Jean. Jean is always powerful whether we see it or not. Jean is the all-powerful Psychic.

I do think something is wrong on Krakoa. Something "sinister" may be waiting ahead for us to discover......!

I choose to Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Jean is always powerful, no matter who she is around. I do not play into Jean needing someone be it Scott, Logan, etc. And it does not matter what they write.
    Jean is Jean. Jean is always powerful whether we see it or not. Jean is the all-powerful Psychic.
    Yes, she is. What I meant (and failed to convey ) is that maybe some machinations from the people behind Krakoa (Xavier? Moira? Magneto? Someone else?) have conditioned Jean to feel insecure or fail to use her powers in some given circumstances: when she is around Xavier, or Scott, or the 24 hours following every meeting with the quiet council (so her leaving that could lead to even more independence). Or something else.

I realize I am reaching, but I think there could be something to it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Yes, she is. What I meant (and failed to convey ) is that maybe some machinations from the people behind Krakoa (Xavier? Moira? Magneto? Someone else?) have conditioned Jean to feel insecure or fail to use her powers in some given circumstances: when she is around Xavier, or Scott, or the 24 hours following every meeting with the quiet council (so her leaving that could lead to even more independence). Or something else.

I realize I am reaching, but I think there could be something to it.
    Ah, I understand now. No worries. I agree someone could have done that to Jean. There could be something to that idea.....