Page 606 of 719 FirstFirst ... 106506556596602603604605606607608609610616656706 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,090 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I’m grasping! Actually, the fact that he brought up and didn’t refute that she can use the Phoenix Force…

Yeah, I noticed that....maybe he wants the Phoenix Force to be around in case Jean would need it....or want to use it?
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-25-2021 at 12:16 PM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that....maybe he wants the Phoenix Force to be around in case Jean would need it....or want to use it?
    The pairing of the two has been too lucrative for Marvel, outside of the two disastrous film “adaptations,” so I wouldn’t be surprised if editorial always considers them linked. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they reunite the two, though I don’t think it will be anytime soon. However, if and when they do return the Phoenix Force to Jean, I hope they are a little more expansive with the story they choose to tell. By that point, it would be time to move past the “toxic relationship” trope and explore her abilities and reality as a cosmic being. This would more than likely require a solo book (Phoenix would do as a title) in order to not overshadow the X-Men while allowing her to completely spread her wings (pun intended) and go on cosmic adventures.

The pairing of the two has been too lucrative for Marvel, outside of the two disastrous film “adaptations,” so I wouldn’t be surprised if editorial always considers them linked. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they reunite the two, though I don’t think it will be anytime soon. However, if and when they do return the Phoenix Force to Jean, I hope they are a little more expansive with the story they choose to tell. By that point, it would be time to move past the “toxic relationship” trope and explore her abilities and reality as a cosmic being. This would more than likely require a solo book (Phoenix would do as a title) in order to not overshadow the X-Men while allowing her to completely spread her wings (pun intended) and go on cosmic adventures.
    I wish the new Phoenix Omnibus had "forgotten" stories from when Jean was Phoenix!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I wish the new Phoenix Omnibus had "forgotten" stories from when Jean was Phoenix!
    Marvel should create a limited series centered on that and fleshing out what Mastermind did. I vote for Claremont to write and Dauterman to draw it.

Also, seeing as this omnibus is labeled as Volume 1, I’m assuming they’re going to collect Jean’s other Phoenix stories. I can see them including relevant X-Factor, Revolution X-Men and Uncanny X-Men, and New X-Men issues, along with the Phoenix limited series, Endsong and Resurrection, and, of course, The Trial of Jean Grey arc and all of Jean Grey. This omnibus series might also extend beyond Jean’s relationship with the Phoenix Force and include its relationships with other hosts.

I’m interested to see how they handle this collection.
    Last edited by Mercury; 10-25-2021 at 02:00 PM.

“I’m sure there are a bunch of Jean Grey fans howling at that suggestion…”

Yes Jordan.

Marvel should create a limited series centered on that and fleshing out what Mastermind did. I vote for Claremont to write and Dauterman to draw it.

Also, seeing as this omnibus is labeled as Volume 1, I’m assuming they’re going to collect Jean’s other Phoenix stories. I can see them including relevant X-Factor, Revolution X-Men and Uncanny X-Men, and New X-Men issues, along with the Phoenix limited series, Endsong and Resurrection, and, of course, The Trial of Jean Grey arc and all of Jean Grey. This omnibus series might also extend beyond Jean’s relationship with the Phoenix Force and include its relationships with other hosts.

Yes, I as well. I also noted the "Volume 1" and really wish we get more, more, more, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    “I’m sure there are a bunch of Jean Grey fans howling at that suggestion…”

Yes Jordan.
    Lol, he knows us!

I really dont feel like thats a story that needs to be revisited, especially not as a mini

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I really dont feel like thats a story that needs to be revisited, especially not as a mini
    Why not? Just curious to read your thoughts.

The time-displaced teenage X-Men years were amazing. Here’s Jean, never having bonded with the Phoenix Force, taking out Emma and the Cuckoos all at once:

Fantastic Member

I've never seen anyone describe that absolute drek as amazing.

It's true what they say, ones man's trash really is another's treasure.

Astonishing Member

The time-displaced teenage X-Men years were amazing. Here’s Jean, never having bonded with the Phoenix Force, taking out Emma and the Cuckoos all at once:

Ugh that whole BotA event was so trash. I hated how they teased us with an adult Jean Grey. Gotta say tho I love the engergy signatures of them both. Would mind them changing it from pink those colors look much more dramatic.

Fantastic Member

Remember when the "epic" battle they had on the astral plane was just two characters staring at each other.

I can't believe Bendis actually got paid real money to write that.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I've never seen anyone describe that absolute drek as amazing.

It's true what they say, ones man's trash really is another's treasure.
    Oh, I’ve seen plenty of people praise this arc, including professional reviewers. Although I’m sure your vitriol has to do with one of your favorites not getting the treatment you feel they deserved, I’ll indulge you: Why do you consider it trash?

Such utterly delicious, exquisite perfection…