Page 599 of 719 FirstFirst ... 99499549589595596597598599600601602603609649699 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,985 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    And you posted these to prove that she could train him?
    Not "could", but that she already did. But anyway, consider the topic deader than disco ��

In January's solicitations Jean continues with the Marvel Girl costume... Dios Mio :'(

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    In January's solicitations Jean continues with the Marvel Girl costume... Dios Mio :'(
    The major changes probably won’t happen until/after Percy’s X Lives/X Deaths of Wolverine, in which Jean will be featured.

The Red Dragon

Im half expecting Jean’s feature to be another st jean carebear stare and/or be stabbed by Wolverine again despite being a tp/tk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Im half expecting Jean’s feature to be another st jean carebear stare and/or be stabbed by Wolverine again despite being a tp/tk.
    Some of you baffle me.

I don't know what's worse for her to be wolvie's ''girlfriend'' or to die randomly at his hands

CyST03SXEAAoPrq.jpg

Because she was the only one he killed.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Jean only exists in X-Force and Wolverine after a certain point to prop Logan up. That's all that Percy thinks she's good for, and has said so in interviews. Remember, she's "great" to play off of Wolverine.

It doesn't mean anything to understand a character if you aren't gonna use them for anything other than to prop up their male "better."
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Jean only exists in X-Force and Wolverine after a certain point to prop Logan up. That's all that Percy thinks she's good for, and has said so in interviews. Remember, she's "great" to play off of Wolverine.

It doesn't mean anything to understand a character if you aren't gonna use them for anything other than to prop up their male "better."
    Basically this. I wish Jean could have an emotional/character arc of herself rather than always be the character that others play off of. She’s just feels stagnant lately. Maybe it’s because of the more plot focused stories over character, but still.

She had a lot of moments in X-Force that didn't have to do with Wolverine. In the Wolverine book and Wolverine event it's understandable that she's being used in how she plays off with him.

BANNED

X-Force was pretty much the only Jean moments worth talking about from this era. But yeah that fridging was obscene. Everything about Jean Grey's powers prevents her from being killed by someone like Wolverine. So stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    To be fair, she hasn't been the 0.5-dimensional "says nice things" character under Percy. She is either going to be badass or die uselessly; no in-between. lol
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-21-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member

X-force had one of the best Jean content we've seen.A great moral compass, bad ass yet compassionate.From resurrecting Charles and that speech, to standing up and owning beast, to the X-force feat w/ Tom and Sage.
    And Wolverine was his solo, and included Quire and Domino as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    She had a lot of moments in X-Force that didn't have to do with Wolverine. In the Wolverine book and Wolverine event it's understandable that she's being used in how she plays off with him.
    Pretty much all this

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    X-Force was pretty much the only Jean moments worth talking about from this era. But yeah that fridging was obscene. Everything about Jean Grey's powers prevents her from being killed by someone like Wolverine. So stupid.

To be fair, she hasn't been the 0.5-dimensional "says nice things" character under Percy. She is either going to be badass or die uselessly; no in-between. lol
    It's not fridging, also Quire dies ever other issue and yet Jean dies once and people loose their minds.Both are omegas and should be able to handle most of what kills them, just relax and enjot the good instead of ignoring it.
    Not to mention of her badass to useless is heavily favoring the badass side for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Because she was the only one he killed.

Thanks for the scan

BANNED

It WAS fridging. All of Quentin's deaths were about Quentin. Jean's death was about Wolverine having a sad and Cyclops posturing, with nothing specifically to advance Jean. The definition of fridging.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It WAS fridging. All of Quentin's deaths were about Quentin. Jean's death was about Wolverine having a sad and Cyclops posturing, with nothing specifically to advance Jean. The definition of fridging.
    Quentin died w/ Jean in the Wolverine book..... I'd ask if you read it or not but the scan is right on top

Its' already been talked about in the fridging thread so I'm not repeating that here

I'm a little late but I've just finished reading X-Men 4's Halloween Special. Wow, a nice showing for Jean Grey. I agree that the character work was quite superficial. it was strongly implied that Jean was indeed Dark Phoenix (there will never be a direct answer to this...but I take it). It was a lot of fun seeing her kicking ass so casually while everybody was sleeping.

I love it when Jean is protecting her fellow mutants on another plane of existence without them even realizing what she's doing and what is going on. It reminded me a lot of Jean psychically/psychometrically (?) cleaning the house from "psychic detritus" after Bastion's attack meditating upside down. I have to see more of those creative uses of telepathy as a "spritual healing device" after moments of trauma and violence. It would absolutely fit her personality and power set.

I really think authors should develop those moments and her powers further and showcase how Jean is a protector and healer on levels of existence that transgress the perception of other humans and mutants alike. She should be doing for the astral plane and dream dimension what Doctor Strange is doing for the magical realm.

Jean is Psy Supreme.

xmen-71.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Exodus; 10-22-2021 at 12:28 AM.