Page 261 of 719 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 10783
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The knocked out people are Jean, Logan, Gambit, Alex and Lorna... Don't really see a pattern...
    Coupling except for Gambit(with Rogue in front of his body) lmao

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Of course Logan can have his relationships, since there isn't anything committed to a poly relationship going on. It is all bad writing, even because they completely excluded his true family so he could live with the summers. Logan didn't cared about laura going to a fault, didn't cared about Gaby, was cold to Mariko. The same for Jean, the writers turned this characters into psychopaths. They resemble very little what they were
    for making their crap fanfic come true*
    *they didn't even committed to do it anyway, as nothing is shown
    People all jump to hate on Aaron because of his fic with Phoenix but are ready to let Hickman/Percy a pass on their fics? No way
    Well I hope they scratch that at soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    And, hopefully, going on a date to a place that isn’t the Green Lagoon!
    Yes they have portals around the world and on Shiar space it doesn´t make sense for them to just pass the time at the Lagoon.

Yes, their minds are not being re-written. I’d say it’s more of drainage of their discernment/critical thinking, inhibitions and more complex emotions…
    When you take critical thinking alone out of the way it’s so much easier to be happy. Why do you think I try so hard to stop thinking when I’m reading comic books? :P
    Their complex emotions are ok but I can see lower inhibition and critical thinking in some people.

Yeah. Give the girl a break.
    Yes please.

I think they decided to back away from it. It wouldn’t surprise me if they were all: “What? We? Polyamory? No! Really? You read that way? Fans, really… Tsk! Who can predict them?”
    It will be the X-complex once again, made it seem like they didn´t mean what they previously meant strongly is kind of marvel and editors writers second power.

I’m eagerly waiting for the end, popcorn ready! My only hope is that everything is retconned through Moira’s last life and no character will have to carry the blame.
    I’ll miss some aspects of the world-building, though, I won’t lie.
    I would like to keep some things and add some previous adversaries to the X-men like in the good old days, I would like to keep Krakoa but also have a team on NY and also keep SWORD as the X-men main point of contact with space, I would go away with the council and isntall and more permanent goverment and I would expand their territory to Genosha and Island M sure some other writer can come and bring it all down but getting Genosha back is a big good point for me if it´s a legacy of this era.

We’re talking about Scott. He’d worry about getting the best possible team even if it was publicity oriented. But we know it’s more than that…
    Really, I’m having trouble imagining the poor man having to wait for the result of the elections. And if he was cool about it… give me some of that Krakoan tea, please!
    It was HIS idea and now he will have to deal with it but I think he´s mostly ok with it, the team is quite powerful and experienced and he can make adjustments anytime he wants to imo I think Utopia prepared him to be a "little" more flexible. XD

Sorry but I drank all the tea

Yeah. And, then, can we maybe please move on from this corner of, endangered species/mutantXhuman conflict? I mean, the latter is part of the mythos, sure, but it’s been too central for far too long.
    Yes we need a break, lest bring new stories and different perspectives to the old dilemma, so far Krakoa has been good to bring new stories but it doubled down on the mutant/human conflict, I would like to see a more nuanced take on that side of the narrative.

It’s possible. That bug was so intriguing! I hope they don’t forget about it.
    It´s very central to the story Spurrier wants to tell so imo that bug could very well be the main villain for all we know.

That’s what I meant: anyone could, in theory, leave the QC without creating a big schism. It really depend on how and why they leave.
    Yes it depends how´s done.

Yeah, I’m not saying he’s full on terrorist mode. But I think it might be brewing inside, which would make sense in a way. The more successful Krakoa is, the more likely he’d feel this way, I think. Especially because the deeper you are into something, the higher the chances you lose perspective of the bigger picture. But we’ll have to see where this is going.
    Being around people he appreciates with a mission he cares about makes him mellow imo it´s when he´s left alone to his own thoughts(on an island or asteroid) when he begins to get off the rails. It´s the more relaxed I have seen him and I hope he stays that way for a little while.

RCO012_1603326731 (2).jpg
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Good news guys, Jean is not dead, she’s just sleeping!

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Coupling except for Gambit(with Rogue in front of his body) lmao
    alex and lorna are just friends now, just like Logan and Jean...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Good news guys, Jean is not dead, she’s just sleeping!

OMG hahahah perfect gif
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-04-2021 at 02:31 PM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes they have portals around the world and on Shiar space it doesn´t make sense for them to just pass the time at the Lagoon.
    I know. It drives me crazy. It’s not just Jean and Scott. All those mutants *can go to any major city in the world* and they hang at that joint. They cannot really think their culture is that superior. Can’t they? *Can they*?

It’s the Krakoan spores. It must be.

Their complex emotions are ok but I can see lower inhibition and critical thinking in some people.
    Strong emotions are different than complex emotions. The only people who seem somewhat conflicted, for instance, is Kurt and Jean (who mentioned it once… and guess where she was? :P)

It will be the X-complex once again, made it seem like they didn´t mean what they previously meant strongly is kind of marvel and editors writers second power.
    The first power is to really believe we’re that stupid! :D

I would like to keep some things and add some previous adversaries to the X-men like in the good old days, I would like to keep Krakoa but also have a team on NY and also keep SWORD as the X-men main point of contact with space, I would go away with the council and isntall and more permanent goverment and I would expand their territory to Genosha and Island M :) sure some other writer can come and bring it all down but getting Genosha back is a big good point for me if it´s a legacy of this era.
    I just want wherever they're living not be weird/separatist like Krakoa. I’m old now. I’m not as demanding as I used to be. :)

It was HIS idea and now he will have to deal with it but I think he´s mostly ok with it, the team is quite powerful and experienced and he can make adjustments anytime he wants to imo I think Utopia prepared him to be a "little" more flexible. XD
    I’m not so sure it was his idea. There’s also a certain redhead who is (read with sarcasm) slightly more impulsive and idealistic than him.

Normally, Scott would be like: “honey - love the enthusiasm, by the way - but what about we pick two people and let the other 3 be elected? ‘Cause, you know that the two of us can work a team of 5, so if they pick it really bad, 3 mutants could probably do the job of 1”.

Scott on Krakoa’s tea? “Sure! Let them pick! If we die, they’ll just bring us back anyway.”

Sorry but I drank all the tea ;)
    Damn! :D

Yes we need a break, lest bring new stories and different perspectives to the old dilemma, so far Krakoa has been good to bring new stories but it doubled down on the mutant/human conflict, I would like to see a more nuanced take on that side of the narrative.
    Nuance, what a beautiful word. :)

It´s very central to the story Spurrier wants to tell so imo that bug could very well be the main villain for all we know.
    It probably will, but how much the Way of X story will directly affect the rest of Krakoa beyond Kur’s mission to establish the Way? We can’t tell yet.

Being around people he appreciates with a mission he cares about makes him mellow imo it´s when he´s left alone to his own thoughts(on an island or asteroid) when he begins to get off the rails. It´s the more relaxed I have seen him and I hope he stays that way for a little while.
    I agree.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-04-2021 at 02:52 PM.

That’s gorgeous, wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    GET UP!!

Maybe it is symbolic. That the true Jean has been put to sleep during this era. At the end of Inferno, the real Omega queen will emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Maybe it is symbolic. That the true Jean has been put to sleep during this era. At the end of Inferno, the real Omega queen will emerge.
    Lol. I also got a little hope that something big would happen to her, considering how important she was in the original Inferno, but I doubt it...

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Thanks again for sharing. When they pay attention to the details (particularly the belt), this uniform can look so charming. And she looks gorgeous. :)

I thought it a little odd that they are calling it "Inferno" exactly like the 1980's one.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I wish it were true. But I imagine those who fell may have discovered something they shouldn't or go against Xavier

BANNED

ok! that's gorgeous! Some people make this mask work. Although I still prefer the look without.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    That is a great Jean Grey Gala look!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!