Page 281 of 719 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    My answer to the x-men Monday interview

This is pretty great! Loved the art on X-men Red

BEAUTIFUL!! And PHOEN-IX-ominal!

My friend, you are soooo talented!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

At this point, I can imagine the conversation went along these lines:

- Okay, so they use mutant names, right?
    - Right.
    (they go through the list of the mutants who will be in Krakoa).
    - What about Jean Grey?
    - Well, we can't use Phoenix.
    - Jean Grey is her human name. Can't use that either.
    - Her other codename was Mavel Girl.
    - We update it to Marvel Woman, then?
    - No, I don't like it.
    - Imagine if people get the idea that she's actually important for Marvel!
    (the room explodes in laughter)
    - Jeez! No! We can't have that.
    - Keep it Marvel Girl, then?
    - Won't it be weird?
    - Not if we put her in that 60s dress.
    - Yeah. 'Cause that represents her without the Phoenix!
    - Yeah. Good.
    - Next mutant.

Three X-Factor uniforms, 90s uniform and X-Men: Red uniform blinking collectively in disbelief. "Are we a joke to you?"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactly how should this fictional character, who has been written by numerous writers in many different iterations over many years, "feel"? And about her first, memorable costume as a superhero?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactly how should this fictional character, who has been written by numerous writers in many different iterations over many years, "feel"?
    Like she doesn't have to wear a costume to prove to anyone she's over the Phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    At this point, I can imagine the conversation went along these lines:

- Okay, so they use mutant names, right?
    - Right.
    (they go through the list of the mutants who will be in Krakoa).
    - What about Jean Grey?
    - Well, we can't use Phoenix.
    - Jean Grey is her human name. Can't use that either.
    - Her other codename was Mavel Girl.
    - We update it to Marvel Woman, then?
    - No, I don't like it.
    - Imagine if people get the idea that she's actually important for Marvel!
    (the room explodes in laughter)
    - Jeez! No! We can't have that.
    - Keep it Marvel Girl, then?
    - Won't it be weird?
    - Not if we put her in that 60s dress.
    - Yeah. 'Cause that represents her without the Phoenix!
    - Yeah. Good.
    - Next mutant.

Three X-Factor uniforms, 90s uniform and X-Men: Red uniform blinking collectively in disbelief. "Are we a joke to you?"
    They did a whole mini to show that Jean Grey was over the Phoenix. We don't need a costume for that

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They did a whole mini to show that Jean Grey was over the Phoenix. We don't need a costume for that
    Yes. Thank you.

And a person who is over something doesn't have to keep showing they're over something. They just are.

At this stage, I’m just gonna tolerate the MG skirt for however long it will be in usage. I honestly don’t hate it, it has grown on me in the past 2 years, some artists draw it beautifully and others draw it sooo bad. In an ideal world, I’d adore for Jean to go by Jean Grey as her official codename and don the yellow and green XMR suit Dauterman designed for her. As others have said, if she’s written well, then that’s what matters most. She was written excellently in the early issues of X-Force (telekinetically deconstructing the telefloronic soldiers and telling Beast “Don’t f**king patronise me”) Some later issues such as the ones where she used her powers in tandem with Sage and Black Tom and the recent issue where she tutored and enlightened Quentin on the usage of his psychic abilities on the Astral Plane were both great power and character moments. So long as she’s written as competently and cleverly as she was in these issues, then I’ll be satisfied. I don’t want her to play second fiddle to Scott, I don’t mind them having moments as a couple and making decisions as team leaders together but I desperately want for her to be written as Scott’s equal, not as his ever-dutiful wife/sidekick. I can’t say I’m exactly faithful in Duggan but I do hope he writes her as competent and capable, that’s all I can wish for at this stage. I guess we’ll get a taste of how Duggan handles her in the upcoming issue of Planet Sized. Hopefully as fans we will be pleased on Wednesday.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While that was the reason she wore it then, That's not the reason why she's wearing it, now.
    Jean has obviously been over the Phoenix since X-Men Red to now. The dress symbolises a time when she was truly herself in body and mind and spirit. It represents Jean at her purest.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yes. Thank you.

And a person who is over something doesn't have to keep showing they're over something. They just are.
    There is a new Phoenix that isn't Jean. So the reason is even more ridiculous now.

My question now is then what?" she will keep using it for how long? Phoenix will stay sometime with Aaron and there isnt hints of Jean getting the Phoenix.

While that was the reason she wore it then, That's not the reason why she's wearing it, now.
    Jean has obviously been over the Phoenix since X-Men Red to now. The dress symbolises a time when she was truly herself in body and mind and spirit. It represents Jean at her purest.
    That is the whole problem. If she really thinks that, her mental health is really at a worse place than I imagined.

Because she has grown so much since the time when she wore that dress. Her life became so much richer... Indeed, she went from a "girl" to a "woman".

That is the whole problem. If she really thinks that, her mental health is really at a worse place than I imagined.

Because she has grown so much since the time when she wore that dress. Her life became so much richer... Indeed, she went from a "girl" to a "woman".
    Yep, something is very wrong or the writing is very bad. who knows
    JDW already say that it is the reason she is using it now.

It makes even less sense. She was herself for along time and wore many others costumes while being herself

Get it Jean...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Fantastic Member

The problem with her 90's/XMR/X-Factor costumes is that they are also hideous. The Phoenix costume is obviously her best, after that it's the mini skirt, so it makes sense that they went with that.

X-men red isn't ugly. There still revoluction, Morrison, X-men blue, bendis.

There isn't any making sense to use the mini skirt