Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Rang10, I publicly admitted in this thread or another conversation that you were 110% right about the X-Men turning bad. In the wake of the Gala with how Emma reacted to Hank McCoy and his genocide or possible genocide in Terra Verde, it is clear as day the X-Men and their X associates have become war criminals and worse. They are super baddies. You were right that they have gone bad.

However, I’m enjoying the turn of events, like I enjoy Darth Vader and the evil empire, or Goodfellas, or Godfather. We’re just not reading about heroes anymore in the X books. I always liked Empire Strikes Back. As such, I am okay with this strange turn.

Just remember, there was a lot of Jean influence on Phoenix. Maybe we should not be too surprised that a woman who is okay with frying 5 billion asparagus people would also be down with covering up war crimes in Terra Verde.
    Alright, good that you are seeing the light. I don't think all x-men turned bad, but they choose a corupt leadership and it will cost them a lot. It already cost innocent people their lifes

Jean never fried any brocolis. It wasn't Jean grey. Well een if it ws if you cared to read, she ate a sun and it exploded. Phoenix never planned on genocide. The fault fall on Emma and Mastermind

I'm still not sure it was written like she covered the crime, it needed better explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Well Jean was a part of it even with the retcon but I'm fine with blaming the D'Bari on the Phoenix lol Usually I hate retcons but some like Moira at least add something to the mythos. I'd hate a retcon absolving Scott of the affair. Retcons like that I can't with. In real life you have to own your mistakes and try to be better.
    What happened with Jean was domino effect. She got a lot of power, was doing fine and then someone decided to twist her entire being.
    Phoenix and Jean are a symbiotic relation like Brock/venom. If one get a unbalanced, it will screw the whole reltiontionship.
    For me the retcon cleaned some of the BS of Byrne drawing broolli where it should be a dead planet.
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-22-2021 at 02:47 PM.