Page 400 of 719 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410450500 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I believe these things were (only) possible because of Jean. It was her strength, knowledge and skill in TP which not only brought the others there, but created analogs of their powers so that they could affect things on the Astral Plane.
    Yep...Jean the Omega doin' #OmegaThangs

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Yep...Jean the Omega doin' #OmegaThangs
    Haha, true, Jean did Omega Thangs even back then! Jean, Jean, the Omega Queen!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Speaking of Jean breaking the rules, I'm reminded of when Jean brought the X-Men onto the astral plane to help defend Xavier...the other X-Men are able to use Astral analogs of their mutant powers, despite not being telepaths

Also in the Revolution era, Jean projects into a Neo's mindscape...eventually Cable sends the other X-Men in to follow her but himself stays behind...and here's Storm creating wind and rain to clean Jean's face, which is only "Astral grim" so to speak. Both issues written by Chris Claremont who literally wrote the book on X-Men Astral physics

I remembering f'ing loving this scene at the time. After a battle, Jean standing strong and fierce Storm that was carrying two men dropped them and showed her softness and concern for her sister by gently cleaning her up despite the fact that they were about to get dirty. *sigh* the little things. This is why Strom/Jean/Scott are my trinity.

I guess if you tihink about it i found it cute that Storm is at her most feminine with Jean when claremont writes it while on the flip Jean is usually more in touch with her masculine side. Storm is not "girly" with very many. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-26-2021 at 05:35 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I remembering f'ing loving this scene at the time. After a battle, Jean standing strong and fierce
    Yes, Jean is standing strong both physically and mentally and I love that scene as well. Jean does indeed look fierce.

Jean's "battle smudge" just proves that Jean digs in and gets down in battle!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I remembering f'ing loving this scene at the time. After a battle, Jean standing strong and fierce Storm that was carrying two men dropped them and showed her softness and concern for her sister by gently cleaning her up despite the fact that they were about to get dirty. *sigh* the little things. This is why Strom/Jean/Scott are my trinity.

I guess if you tihink about it i found it cute that Storm is at her most feminine with Jean when claremont writes it while on the flip Jean is usually more in touch with her masculine side. Storm is not "girly" with very many. lol
    Heh, that's true now that you mention it...it reminds me of a later scene in X-Treme X-Men with Jean contacting Storm from the other side of the world...and beyond Astral shopping and dancing and eating, Jean braids Storm's hair, which ALSO happened physically...very girls quality time

Oh, and going back to the Heroes Reborn scene...I just realized even though on "our" reality's side of things Jean's consciousness transported over....on the HR side, she somehow has a physical body as well, as Iron Man mentions locking onto her with his sensors

Heh, that's true now that you mention it...it reminds me of a later scene in X-Treme X-Men with Jean contacting Storm from the other side of the world...and beyond Astral shopping and dancing and eating, Jean braids Storm's hair, which ALSO happened physically...very girls quality time

Oh, and going back to the Heroes Reborn scene...I just realized even though on "our" reality's side of things Jean's consciousness transported over....on the HR side, she somehow has a physical body as well, as Iron Man mentions locking onto her with his sensors
    Yes, Jean takes care of everyone. She is very caring, kind and compassionate. She has a fun and carefree side.

The physical body creation would seem to be a Nexus ability perhaps.

That time Jean Grey was almost killed by the Sentinels but saved herself by jumping into Emma Frost’s body.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-mutants-almost-died/

Completed my weekly search for Jean news and found an article on LRM Online in which they review several "What If..." issues, including three (#32, #33, #37) that feature Jean. I haven't read any of these but look forward to doing so on Marvel Unlimited. About issue #32, they say "this classic comic is one of the best stories about Jean and the Phoenix," and also advise that it should be considered Part 1 to issue #33's Part 2. Also, issue #37 is set in Earth-9250 and Jean is considered "the third nexus being" (I think I mentioned this alternate reality some posts back). These reviews are spoiler-heavy, so avoid reading them if you would rather read these issues to find out what happens.

EDIT: For some reason, the link to the site gets obstructed. It is on LRM Online. If you look up "Jean Grey" on Google (the news tab) it'll pop up.

Last edited by Mercury; 07-26-2021 at 08:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You are correct; she has definitely been associated with both more often.

This leads me to another question I have: If Jean (sans the Phoenix Force) and Wanda were to battle, Jean would be able to defeat Wanda by telepathically incapacitating her, right? I mean, I know in the MCU they gave Wanda telepathy - a power she did not have in the comic books if I remember correctly - but Jean is the most powerful telepath. Of course, Wanda could get the upper hand if she acted first, but even still, couldn't Jean telepathically force Wanda to direct her powers at something or someone else, including herself?

Additionally, from what I have seen, specifically in Avengers vs. X-Men, Wanda's chaos magic alone could not defeat the White Phoenix. While Wanda can hold her own against and even subdue fragments of the Phoenix Force, she cannot do the same when it comes to taking on the Phoenix Force when it is whole. She had to plead with Hope Summers to let her help her rid herself of the Phoenix. if Jean were to once again become the White Phoenix, she could defeat Wanda with ease, I believe.

Of course, I find all of this fascinating.
    In Avengers Assemble Wanda was able to look into the Avengers mind and manifest their greatest fears. In Marvel comics all powerful magic users have psychic abilities. Dr. Strange, the Enchantress, Agatha, Wanda Maximoff, Loki all have telepathic and telekinetic powers.

BANNED

Maybe we now see interesting things with Jean’s powers like the pink form. Hickman and White are now done with the world building phase. Now it’s more about battling the problems that come with it. Maybe she can finally get rid of the green mini skirt.

Outside of her Phoenix costumes to me her 90s costume is her most iconic. I don’t know why she had to go back to the 1970s green mini.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Maybe we now see interesting things with Jean’s powers like the pink form. Hickman and White are now done with the world building phase. Now it’s more about battling the problems that come with it. Maybe she can finally get rid of the green mini skirt.

Outside of her Phoenix costumes to me her 90s costume is her most iconic. I don’t know why she had to go back to the 1970s green mini.
    That's what I am hoping for and believe will happen, especially now that she's co-leader of the X-Men. In terms of her costume, I have never liked her 90's Jim Lee-designed look, though he's one of my favorite artists and I usually love everything he does. I just find it awkward and corny-looking. I mean, a bathing suit with shoulder pads over a bodysuit? No thank you. However, I understand it is one of her most recognized costumes because she wore it at the height of X-Men's popularity and on the cartoon.

Here are some of my favorite of Jean's costumes:

1. New X-Men - I am not sure who exactly designed this look, but everything about this costume worked and still works for me; it is modern, practical, understated, and gives her an air of real authority. She also looks badass in it. I wouldn't mind seeing her in a similar or even the same look today.

2. X-Factor - It is a shame this Whilce Portacio design didn't last long; I don't think it lasted even a year. I consider it one of her most elegant and underrated costumes. Russell Dauterman was obviously inspired by the silhouette for this look when designing her Gala outfit. I think if altered a bit - i.e., turn the X into vertical lines running down the side and change the colors to either black with gold or green trimming or dark green (maybe military green) with black or gold trimming; leave the silhouette exactly as is - it could really work today.

3. Weapon X: Age of Apocalypse - I fell in love with this Andy Kubert design from the moment I saw it in Wizard as a prepubescent kid back in the day. Though it was never drawn to its fullest potential, the fundamentals of what Kubert designed were solid and, if streamlined a bit, could work today. Dauterman drew it the best it has ever looked on that now-iconic Jean alternate cover he drew.

Honorable mention should go to the Phoenix costume because it truly is iconic, but not something I would like to see her in today. However, Jim Lee's preliminary redesign of it in the late-80's (it never made the cut because soon after they decided to launch X-Men) was quite spectacular. In fact, Lee's design is similar to what I suggested doing with the X-Factor look I posted above, minus the belt.

Also, Dauterman's retweaking of Asrar's design really works for me:

And, finally, this costume concept art by Luciano Vecchio (Marvel Comics' Champions, Voices, etc.) is probably the best I've seen. I think it is absolutely perfect for her. It is a total homage to the green dress, Asrar's X-Men: Red design, and the Phoenix costume, but looks totally fresh, practical, elegant, and badass. I can't praise it enough.

For those interested, I have compiled all of the complete Jean-centered backstories published in Classic X-Men in one thread on Twitter. These stories flesh out the Phoenix Saga and Dark Phoenix Saga. They are essential reading.

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...97414916767744

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    In Avengers Assemble Wanda was able to look into the Avengers mind and manifest their greatest fears. In Marvel comics all powerful magic users have psychic abilities. Dr. Strange, the Enchantress, Agatha, Wanda Maximoff, Loki all have telepathic and telekinetic powers.
    Aside from Agatha, Doctor Strange and possibly Loki (need to refresh my memory on him), it’s mostly basic telepathy. Nothing really all that complicated compare to what other telepaths do. And Wanda especially has problems utilizing her psychic abilities.

The merit of just having psychic powers does not make you on par with any psi who actually specializes in their powerset. It’s what you do with it that matters. And we do not want to go into Wanda’s history with psionics, because it amounts to mostly feedbacking a psi-probe at a very unprepared Jean Grey and dodging a mental bolt while under mind-control by Agatha Harkness.

As for tk, it’s more straightforward, depending on the raw power of the user.

Edit: If you mean the MCU, then the analysis is different. Better for Wanda, though.
    Last edited by PyroFN; 07-27-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Aside from Agatha, Doctor Strange and possibly Loki (need to refresh my memory on him), it’s mostly basic telepathy. Nothing really all that complicated compare to what other telepaths do. And Wanda especially has problems utilizing her psychic abilities.

The merit of just having psychic powers does not make you on par with any psi who actually specializes in their powerset. It’s what you do with it that matters. And we do not want to go into Wanda’s history with psionics, because it amounts to mostly feedbacking a psi-probe at a very unprepared Jean Grey and dodging a mental bolt while under mind-control by Agatha Harkness.

As for tk, it’s more straightforward, depending on the raw power of the user.

Edit: If you mean the MCU, then the analysis is different. Better for Wanda, though.
    Didn't Wanda also take out the entire Avengers and X-men by using some sort of telepathy in children's crusade.
    And Loki and strange have many TP and related feats.
    I have no idea about Agatha.