Page 384 of 719 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434484 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 10783
    Incredible Member

In AVX, Prof X put to sleep both the Avengers team (with Thor and Cap) and the X-Men team (with Phoenix-Namor) so "Omega" telepath Jean should be able to do something similar.
    Prof X1.jpg
    Prof X2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    In AVX, Prof X put to sleep both the Avengers team (with Thor and Cap) and the X-Men team (with Phoenix-Namor) so "Omega" telepath Jean should be able to do something similar.
    Prof X1.jpg
    Prof X2.jpg
    Wow. I mean... I just... I can't. 🤣

FYI: Jean is more powerful than Xavier without the Phoenix Force, so...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You do have a valid point, but I see the point being whether Jean could and would defeat the Avengers and the answer is yes, especially given certain circumstances.

However, I will concede and say that the Avengers could, given certain circumstances, defeat Jean too. Nevertheless, given that her tie with the Phoenix Force is intrinsic, it would be highly unlikely.

EDIT: Also, I want to take this opportunity to apologize to Spideyfan001 for ordering him to "zip it," lol. I was seriously playing, but humor is sometimes hard to gauge on here. Honestly, this has been a fun and invigorating debate. I know I'm defending Jean fiercely and fervently, but I am also learning new things and am having an overall good time, so I hope there are no hard feelings between any of us.
    No problem.The tone is hard to decipher in text.

Nice debate and I hope too see you around more.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    No problem.The tone is hard to decipher in text.

Nice debate and I hope too see you around more.
    Thanks, Spideyfan. Now, what is your response to raidensix's post...

::giggling::

I'ma just...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    The facts indicate that Thor could withstand anything Jean tries quite well. But a single attack from Thor is enough for her to drop dead.

In the Black King saga they mentioned that the most powerful of ALL those who were there was Thor, so ...
    Tell that to Rachel Grey who btw quite quickly stopped and dropped Thor with a TK Hammer to the nuts

And, Jean is a far more skilled Telepath/Telekinetic than her daughter...
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-21-2021 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Pic added.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Tell that to Rachel Grey who btw quite quickly stopped and dropped Thor with a TK Hammer to the nuts
    lol Seriously

I mean Rogue bested the Avengers at 17. I always think that is meassure enough on if they would be able to beat on any mutant, let alone Omegas. I'm not saying is impossble, but they would have their work cut out for them for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    By the way in the current saga of heroes reborn.
    Jean was killed by Hyperion. Interesting note.

And Hyperion was defeated by the Avengers.
    Yhea the same hyperion that one shotted galactus and hulk, it’s clear to everyone except you that the power levels were all over the place due to mephisto interference.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I'm 3 or so pages behind but just pointing out that Jean is NOT slow

She was fast enough, and strong enough for that matter, to shield the entire group on Muir Island from that massive detonation from the Shadow King by way of Legion

Plus the countless times she's thrown up a TK shield, including the very panels shown from X-Factor when the house exploded...or being able to carry on full length conversations telepathically in the blink of an eye.

BANNED

To be fair, all of this stuff is pre-Hickman and pretty much not canon/isn't included in the current interpretation of the character.

Seeing other Jean fans come to her defense warms my heart; it also makes me misty-eyed. I think reading up on Echo and her planned spinoff series played a part in causing me to grow a tad emotional because I know they’re going to start associating her right away with the Phoenix Force in the MCU. And while I am happy that a Latina-Native American deaf character is going to receive such prominent focus, I would be lying if I said it wasn't bittersweet; maybe even a little painful. However, I decided to share this only to bring up something that struck me as I pondered Jean's forty-five-plus year-long history with the Phoenix Force: What if Jean makes her debut on the said spinoff?

Wouldn’t it be great if she ended up being a pivotal supporting character on Echo’s show, acting as both a friend and mentor to her as she learns to wield the Force while also establishing herself as a leader, legend, and one of the most powerful mutants on Earth? Honestly, I would love it if they paid homage not only to Jean's history with the Phoenix Force but to the fact that, as a character, she is the sole reason it exists in the Marvel Universe, to begin with. There are many clever ways they could do this. Also, if they haven't done so already by that point, it would be a great way of starting to introduce the X-Men into the MCU.

Anyway, as I thought of the wonderful opportunities this could present, my feelings of saudade began to dissipate and I felt hopeful about Jean's place in the MCU. I just wanted to share that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    To be fair, all of this stuff is pre-Hickman and pretty much not canon/isn't included in the current interpretation of the character.
    What exactly is not canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The marvel universe was there before Hickman and will be there even after, he is not different than any other writer.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    What exactly is not canon?
    I should have just said "doesn't count for the way the character is currently".

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The marvel universe was there before Hickman and will be there even after, he is not different than any other writer.
    True, true!

Can someone post teenage Jean throwing the Avengers around like rag dolls? Thor included.