Page 151 of 719 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    1.She could (and should be) but the art does not depict that. The only blast we see hitting the sentinel is Scott's optic blasts. Nothing is drawn coming from Jean's direction.
    2. She is definitely using TK to levitate the rock but she isnt hurling it at the sentinel, which may have made more sense
    3. Thats the only thing her TP would be useful for here. Unfortunately she's about to be grabbed up by the sentinel and her TP wont do anything to protect her from that
    4. A shield should have been drawn if that were the case. We see no TK bubble
    5. I guess we could take that as a no prize.

Ultimately none of this matters but hey at leasts its something new to discuss in regards to our girl
    It looked like she had a bubble to me because of the way the sentinel hand is and the highlight. Either way tht is one stunning piece i'm a little jealous. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

https://mutant-musings.pinecast.co/e...h-gerry-duggan

Duggan just did an interview and he confirm that he is writing the Jean and Scott X-men team book. He skirts around the question of if she will keep her gala look. I'll scream if she goes back to the MG look!

Anyways im pumped. Love how he's written her and the couple so far this era

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It looked like she had a bubble to me because of the way the sentinel hand is and the highlight. Either way tht is one stunning piece i'm a little jealous. lol
    Possibly but its not drawn and Larraz's Jean has very visual power displays\

Last edited by Havok83; 04-12-2021 at 05:09 PM.

Duggan just did an interview and he confirm that he is writing the Jean and Scott X-men team book. He skirts around the question of if she will keep her gala look. I'll scream if she goes back to the MG look!

Possibly but its not drawn and Larraz's Jean has very visual power displays
    I know, right??

As to the powers, why can't Jean and X be using TP as an energy blast?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I know, right??

As to the powers, why can't Jean and X be using TP as an energy blast?
    bc TP is psionic and it doesnt work as an energy blast on non-psionic entities.It would only be effective on prime sentinels that may have some of their mind. A completely manufactured robotic sentinel is immune to TP. There is nothing there to blast. Jean has TK; it doesnt make sense to rationalize why she would use TK to blast a sentinel over TP. One works; one doesnt

Possibly but its not drawn and Larraz's Jean has very visual power displays\

yeah but for a promotional image or a stand alone image as this that would have complete broken up the flow of the image though the pink could have been maybe made darker. I love it, i don't think Jean is dumb enough to be heading straight toward a sentinel or staring at it's hand and just leaning in it like that if she isn't doing something. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

bc TP is psionic and it doesnt work as an energy blast on non-psionic entities.It would only be effective on prime sentinels that may have some of their mind. A completely manufactured robotic sentinel is immune to TP. There is nothing there to blast. Jean has TK; it doesnt make sense to rationalize why she would use TK to blast a sentinel over TP. One works; one doesnt
    Oh. But X is doing something with his TP. Xavier blasted a sentinel out of the water with his TP. Didn't Betsy used to do a telepathic psycho-blast?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Oh. But X is doing something with his TP. Xavier blasted a sentinel out of the water with his TP. Didn't Betsy used to do a telepathic psycho-blast?
    When did Xavier do that?

Betsy's psychoblast was TP and was still used on minds, not robots

When did Xavier do that?

Betsy's psychoblast was TP and was still used on minds, not robots

When the new team was formed. When the Sentinels were abducting X-Men. Xavier was fishing with Peter Corbeau. That's how he ended up in space with Steven Lang and then on the space shuttle Jean had to fly back to earth.

The sentinels came up out of the ocean to get Xavier. he said his mind shields should have protected him from their scans, then he mind blasted it back into the water. Sentinel called it a "Mutant Mindblast". Xavier said it should have demolished it not just blasted it away (he was weak from the stress of Lilandra coming to him in his dreams). But then another one grabbed him and i think gassed him.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 04-12-2021 at 05:45 PM.

A little bit of that

images (11).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    A little bit of that

images (11).jpg
    Yes, thank you for the image. I think this is a TP attack as opposed to TK attack. Jean also did a "Mutant Mindblast" inside that issue.

I would love to see a new costume based on the Gala, but then 2 years of Marvel Girl without a in story explanation feels cheap

When the new team was formed. When the Sentinels were abducting X-Men. Xavier was fishing with Peter Corbeau. That's how he ended up in space with Steven Lang and then on the space shuttle Jean had to fly back to earth.

The sentinels came up out of the ocean to get Xavier. he said his mind shields should have protected him from their scans, then he mind blasted it back into the water. Sentinel called it a "Mutant Mindblast". Xavier said it should have demolished it not just blasted it away (he was weak from the stress of Lilandra coming to him in his dreams). But then another one grabbed him and i think gassed him.
    Oh thanks. I see this is from the 70s. I chalk that up that being the days when writers didnt have a firm grasp of how powers work. That definitely hasnt been a way that TP has been shown to work in the decades that followed as TPs are almost always shown as being vulnerable to sentinels.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I would love to see a new costume based on the Gala, but then 2 years of Marvel Girl without a in story explanation feels cheap
    No character has been given an in story explanation beyond the blanket statement that they have access to their wardrobe throughout history and will switch looks out as they please. Actually Magneto is the only character that got more than that

Just saw Cantwell do a series of tweets about mental health and the character Patsy Walker, and wow!! He really gets inside her head and how messed up is her life. And she doesn't let Stark get away with Bullshit
    Really would like to see a deep exploration of Jean

Oh thanks. I see this is from the 70s. I chalk that up that being the days when writers didnt have a firm grasp of how powers work. That definitely hasnt been a way that TP has been shown to work in the decades that followed as TPs are almost always shown as being vulnerable to sentinels.

No character has been given an in story explanation beyond the blanket statement that they have access to their wardrobe throughout history and will switch looks out as they please. Actually Magneto is the only character that got more than that
    She is the only one mostly using 70s costume. Of course there needs to be a explanation for that. Sometimes they switch bclothes, but it is a one issue per year thing

BANNED

Just saw Cantwell do a series of tweets about mental health and the character Patsy Walker, and wow!! He really gets inside her head and how messed up is her life. And she doesn't let Stark get away with Bullshit
    Really would like to see a deep exploration of Jean
    She's gonna deeply explore those dishes. Or deeply explore how many times she can say "SCOTT!" in one issue. lmao

Also, we have a story reason for the Marvel Girl dress: regression.

She is the only one mostly using 70s costume. Of course there needs to be a explanation for that. Sometimes they switch bclothes, but it is a one issue per year thing
    thats not true. Banshee, Havok, Colossus and Nightcrawler are all wearing their 70s costumes.