Page 532 of 719 FirstFirst ... 32432482522528529530531532533534535536542582632 ... LastLast
Results 7,966 to 7,980 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I miss the simplicity of the bar graphs.
    Speaking from a technical point of view, the bar graphs also make more sense, since the 5 stats are independent of each other. But I guess they just wanted it too look cool. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Speaking from a technical point of view, the bar graphs also make more sense, since the 5 stats are independent of each other. But I guess they just wanted it too look cool.
    True.

But I also like how bar graphs can showcase enhanced stats. Like how Emma's diamond form boost her durability ranking. You could do that with line graphs but to me it just looks cleaner with bars.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Ahh, yeah I never really read any of the time displaced X-men stuff so I'm muddy at best when it comes to Teen Jean's capabilities at that point.
    Oh, you must! It’s a great multiple-year long arc. It’s a poignant, riveting arc. Also, the rest of the O5 underwent fantastic developments. Start with All-New X-Men #1.

It’s important to note that teenage Jean and present day Jean are literally the same person, i.e., they are not from alternate timelines or universes, so adult Jean has retained all of her memories from her time travels. Furthermore, teenage Jean had no “power ups” and had never bonded with the Phoenix Force, so the power she displays is pure and distilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Aside from confirming her high level of intelligence, that panel is terrible 😂🤣😂🤣
    PAD had a bad habit of overly pathologizing Lorna. Too much time on emotional and psychological issues and not nearly enough on what motivated her and what she wanted to accomplish.

True.

But I also like how bar graphs can showcase enhanced stats. Like how Emma's diamond form boost her durability ranking. You could do that with line graphs but to me it just looks cleaner with bars.
    I prefer the bar graphs too: easier to read the stats and allow for extra info. :)

Plus, I'm stickler when it comes to line graphs: they should be used for functions in which what is on the y axis is the function of what is on the x. :P

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I suppose most of us agree, Deva. This conversation started because another poster thought her stat was close to zero because of how weird that graph is.
    The graph is not weird. They just didn't read it properly.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    PAD had a bad habit of overly pathologizing Lorna. Too much time on emotional and psychological issues and not nearly enough on what motivated her and what she wanted to accomplish.
    I agree. Hopefully, both Jean and Lorna’s independent and shared histories will be further explored in the new book.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The graph is not weird. They just didn't read it properly.
    Being honest, when I first looked at it, I also thought her intelligence stat was close to 0.

It's weird because it doesn't need to start and end in 0. Besides, like I said, expressing the stats in this format may look cool, but it's not the best option because the line itself means nothing. If you pick a place between the stats in X and you check the value in Y, what does it tell you? Nothing.

So, in this sense, it's a weird choice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    If I am not correct, she is stated somewhere as one of Xavier’s most promising students. It is simultaneously a hint at her potential and her average as a student, really. She is never stated to be a genius like Hank or anything, but Xavier has taught her in use and fixing of Cerebro since she was young. I would surmise she above average intelligence is a good rating, despite how low on the intelligence graph she is. It speaks more of how cutthroat the intelligence field is, rather than a reflection on Jean herself.

Cool.I'll say she's a base 3 and maybe 4 depending on what info she accesses w/TP.Although someone said she can recall all of that so then she's a 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Cool.I'll say she's a base 3 and maybe 4 depending on what info she accesses w/TP.Although someone said she can recall all of that so then she's a 4.
    Her ability to remember everything was canon in the 90s. I don't know if the current writers remember that. Those things often get forgotten.

TELEPATHIC POWER

TELEPATHIC SKILL

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It is not zero. Jean has an Intelligence rank of 3. Granted, it should be 4.
    She said she didn't get an A, so may be she just passed.Have we seen her be smart?Although it's Leah so maybe it's unreliable.

Spider-man's a 4 and he has constantly held his own against Iron-man(Hacked his systems 4 times on seperate ocassions) and Reed(hacked his inhibitor collar, defused bomb that Reed and Tony couldn't etc.) in smarts.Both have admitted he's smart af , along w/ people like Banner,Blue Marvel,Hank Pym(said he was much smarter than him) and Beast.He should be a 5 minimum going 6.He has the feats to back all this up.

These rankings are incredibly unreliable.Although does Jean have some smarts Idk about, because 3 as an avg. makes sense.If she does then it's a 4.
    Yeah, that is what I said.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Jean resurrecting Xavier still makes me tingle...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Jean resurrecting Xavier still makes me tingle...

Wasn't much of a fan of the art, but that moment was phenomenal.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 09-21-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Wasn't much a fan of the art, but that moment was phenomenal.
    This is strange to admit but, though I found the art severe, I liked and thought that it fit with that book. It's certainly not my usual comic book aesthetic, though (Stuart Immonen, John Byrne, Russell Dauterman, Jim Lee, et al.).